BLT Studio Reviews

Melodious

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are thinking about renting points for a studio next year and are considering BLT lake view. Does anyone have any recent reviews? I know that the BLT studio is on the small side, but how annoying is that? It will just be two adults. Is BLT convenient to the Contemporary? How is the pool and bus transportation? TIA

We stayed in a one bedroom at BLT so I can’t speak to the studio size. For us it was great for convenience, but felt it was a bit sterile feeling compared to other Disney resorts. The pool is nice and fairly new, but not very lush or themed. There is an elevated walkway from BLT to Contemporary which is nice when it’s raining. Can’t recall exactly how it’s laid out relative to the Contemporary but couldn’t have been more than a few minutes walk. Being able to walk to the MK was fabulous! For my next trip, though, we decided to go for the more interesting theming of Poly over the convenience of BLT.

Studio is tiny I personally wouldn't stay in one. The o ly way it could be tolerable would be only with two adults you might be ok if you dont use the sofa bed. As a resort it is awesome

We stayed in a lake view studio at BLT and thought it was small, but there were two adults and two kids in the studio. I think with two adults only, it would be an okay size.

I’m not a huge fan of BLT; I just don’t care for the theming of BLT and the Contemporary. We only stayed for two nights following a cruise so I could live with the cramped space and sterile feel of the resort. I also didn’t like that BLT doesn’t have any QS locations or places to refill mugs; you need to walk over to the Contemporary for that - not the end of the world, just inconvenient. The convenience to the MK is definitely a positive though.

It is small, but ok for two people, not wonderful, just ok.
Love being able to walk to MK.
The elevated walkway mention is mostly open on both sides, so really in any blowing rain, it won't help you keep much dryer. But it is a good spot to watch fireworks.

The only place to refill a mug with soda is near the pool. No coffee or hot cocoa. I don't remember the hours, but they seem limited.

I don’t usually recommend the BLT studio because of its size. For two people it is okay but personally we like more space. But we like to enjoy the resort and aren’t normally at the park all day every day. So for park commandos it may be just fine. It is easy to access the CR via the bridge to the 4th floor.

The three of us stayed in a BLT studio. It was very cramped. One queen bed and a sleeper sofa. The room got ever smaller with the bed pulled out. Would be ok with just two people but no more.

Two adults should be okay in a BLT studio. If you can't fit together in a queen bed, you'll need to open the double sleeper sofa that pretty much takes up the rest of the space in the living area. The bathroom is good sized as is the Kitchenette. You can use the BLT pool that the tower wraps around or you can use both of the Contemporary pools, including the leisure pool along the lake that tends to feel a little more adult. To get to the main building at the CR, you can use the connecting walkway on the fifth floor that takes you over to the shopping and dining area at the tower building. You can walk to the MK (about a ten minute walk) or take the monorail to Epcot (changing at the TTC to the Epcot monorail from the resort monorail). You'll take a bus to DHS, AK and DS.

Thanks for the replies. My mom has always wanted to stay at the Contemporary and renting points at BLT is much cheaper than booking a room through Disney. Besides the ability to walk to MK, is there anything that people like about BLT? This year, we're renting points for a split stay between BC and Poly. Wondering if BLT will be a real downer after those two.

Thanks for the replies. My mom has always wanted to stay at the Contemporary and renting points at BLT is much cheaper than booking a room through Disney. Besides the ability to walk to MK, is there anything that people like about BLT? This year, we're renting points for a split stay between BC and Poly. Wondering if BLT will be a real downer after those two.
The studio will be smaller than both Polynesian and BCV and you won't have the murphy bed, so you get a real table and not the folding table like at BCV, Just being able to walk to the MK is a big perk. Plus you have lots of dining choices in the CR area. But basically, a studio is a studio. Resort amenities are different. Polynesian you can walk to the TTC to get the Epcot monorail; BLT you have to switch at the TTC. BCV you need to ride a bus to the MK, but you can walk to the MK. BCV pretty much have zero views. You might just get a view of a bunch of trees. At BLT, with Lake view, you will get a lake view. Polynesian, you might have the boat whistles bothering you early in the morning and late at night.

We stay (2 adults) for 2 weeks at a time at BLT LV studio, love it. Great location and if you keep things tidy and put things away its a great little studio, heaps of storage and well laid out.

If you have cruised, its a bit bigger than a balcony cabin. I just think you need to be a bit more organised ie: hung up clothes, put toiletries on the shelves, not be messy and you will do fine with 2 adults.

BLT studio works for two if they share the bed. The moment yih roll out the sofa, yuk.

The studios are a tad smaller than other studios at other resorts. However you are only 2 adults so it shouldn't be a problem. As with everything else in life YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter