BLT Studio - Electric kettle / other kitchen requests

jazoberry

Member since 2015
First time staying in a BLT studio and first time at WDW with an infant! I have heard/read mixed reports on whether electric kettles are available on request (boiling water for formula, sanitizing various baby items, etc.) Anyone with experience?

Also, though we aren't planning to prepare any meals in the kitchenette, we do plan to pick up a few grocery items for light breakfasts/snacks here and there. Would housekeeping be willing to provide two sets of real dishes/silverware (not paper or otherwise disposable?) Happy to wash the dishes through our weeklong stay to help reduce waste.

Is still trash service still daily now?

Thanks in advance!

Trash service is still daily.
For the most part, we have stayed at several different resorts, we go for a week and there have been a day or two they did not take the trash. It’s usually one day they miss. It’s happened at every resort we have stayed at since the daily trash service aka safety checks began. Also if your in the room make sure you use the latch lock. Otherwise if your in the shower housekeeping barely taps on the door then they come in. You don’t want them coming in while your in the shower.

You should be able to use the microwave to heat water. The only kettles I have seen at DVC resorts were the type that you place on the stove burner to heat up.

The only problem using a microwave to heat up water for formula is getting it too hot or having hot spots or burning yourself if it superheats. Usually room temperature tap water or bottled water will work just fine. You can also use the old time method of heating up a bottle by setting the bottle with the formula in it into a sink or container of warm/hot water.

I requested an electric kettle at AKL a few years back but when I asked on my last trip I was told they no longer have them. This could be different at other resorts. I ordered one through amazon and had it delivered to the room it didn’t cost much. I wouldn’t personally use a coffee maker for bottles as it doesn’t heat the water hot enough (from my experience)

First time staying in a BLT studio and first time at WDW with an infant! I have heard/read mixed reports on whether electric kettles are available on request (boiling water for formula, sanitizing various baby items, etc.) Anyone with experience?

Also, though we aren't planning to prepare any meals in the kitchenette, we do plan to pick up a few grocery items for light breakfasts/snacks here and there. Would housekeeping be willing to provide two sets of real dishes/silverware (not paper or otherwise disposable?) Happy to wash the dishes through our weeklong stay to help reduce waste.

Is still trash service still daily now?

Thanks in advance!

We have stayed in studios for one or two weeks at a time due to coming from the UK and have never been able to get an electric kettle. As others have said your options would be to either purchase a cheap kettle via Walmart or such. Or go the route of microwave. sink or coffee maker.
As for china plates and proper silver ware ..well, we have had that battle many times due to our length of stays we would prefer such things and have asked on many occasions and it's been very hit and miss. They don't seem to have much of a stock cupboard of kitchen items which seems strange when they must have to replace things occasionally.
Instance 1/ when asking for plates,bowls, silverware we were offered a stainless steel fruit? bowl.
Instance 2/ we were offered a pyrex casserole dish with lid which was too large for the microwave
Instance 3/ we were offered 2 bowls but no plates and at no time during those requests after arrival did we get silverware.

So a couple years ago when we were staying for 3 weeks in studio accommodation split stays of SS/AK/SS we wrote to the CEO of DVC listing our requests in advance. We had a phone call from his assistant who seemed more worried that I wouldn't have a dishwasher and would have to hand wash...well, I do this at home so it's no problem. He at that time was concerned about trash removal????

Anyway, the outcome was we did indeed have china plates/bowls and silverware for those weeks we stayed but it has never happened again so there is no 'star' next to our names ha ha....and further requests on arrival have been met with the same thing as before....no supply.

So possibly write or phone with an advance request of those things and possibly a large microwave proof jug you can fill with water and heat in the m/wave and put the bottle in that to warm.
hope some of this info helps you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!