BLT - Standard view Yes or No?

henderkm

Mouseketeer
We have an opportunity to stay a couple of nights in a standard room at BLT, but we will have to purchase a few extra points in order to do so.

Would like the input of others as to what sort of view we might expect.

We have an opportunity to stay a couple of nights in a standard room at BLT, but we will have to purchase a few extra points in order to do so.

Would like the input of others as to what sort of view we might expect.

If I remember correctly it is the first 4 floors and you get to see the parking lot, the tennis courts and possibly the marina/pool on the Contemp side....not sure on that. I know I booked standard for a few days and researched this exact question, and when I arrived, since I had some points that were going to die, I had them change me to an available lake view, so I've never actually stayed SV at BLT.

Since you will be at BLT and it is just a couple of days, standard view should be fine. You have option of Top Of THe World and MK is right there - I did spend a lot of time in MK cause it was so easy.

We have only stayed in standard view rooms at BLT because I am a point miser. ;)

The 1st time was a 2 bedroom on the 2nd floor looking out into the trees in the inner courtyard. We could see a bit of the pool and lake too, neon lights at the pool at night were pretty.

2nd time was on the 3rd floor studio with a perfect MK view. It was magical. Ok, we did see the parking lot but we just looked past that.

3rd time we were on the 1st floor looking directly out on the bocce ball courts. Less than magical but we learned to like our location.

You take your chances but you will still be in BLT at WDW. How bad can it be?

only had one bad view with standard. and that was an odd number (which I now refused if I can) - it looked out across the courtyard to the other villas.

most of these views are lake - and yes you can see the lake beyond the swimming pool.

had a couple of lake views -south end.

but my favorite and have been pretty lucky - so get it most of the time - is north side, even number - you might get a partial view of the MK. this also seems to be the quieter end - okay that does not include the kids screaming when they see the view. or when everyone goes out on their balcony to watch the fireworks.

We stayed in a standard view studio a couple years ago on the 3rd floor. We loved it because it was two floors down to the exit and two floors up to the walk way to the Contemporary. The view was ok, over the pool and into the lake.

Standard views are great!

Because its the lowest points to rent, you feel like any view is a bonus.

Often with lake and theme park view, if you get one of the less desirable views, you kind of feel cheated out of the extra points.

Just posted this on another thread here.

This was my awesome standard studio view room from I think 7240 (or 38).

jhwj81.jpg

I know it's kind of hard to tell here, but we could totally see the castle and fireworks. I was super happy with this room.

We were on the first floor overlooking the marina. Loved it! Cannot justify the higher points if I can get standard.

I've stayed at BLT twice in a studio with the standard view. Once was a view of court area or behind the contemporary with a partial lake view and the other time was a lake view. I stay primarily at BLT for the location and not the views but I've never been disappointed with the views.

We have an opportunity to stay a couple of nights in a standard room at BLT, but we will have to purchase a few extra points in order to do so. Would like the input of others as to what sort of view we might expect.

It really depends on you. We stayed standard view 2 years ago. It was on the lake side but any view was hidden by Palm trees. All we could see was parts of pool though palms and the shuffleboard. For me it was OK, my wife enjoys having a view and she was disappointed. Next visit was lake view on the outside. We could see lake and parts of MK and the evening fireworks.

If you are at parks from opening to closing standard view is fine.

We had a mediocre view of the tennis court area the first time. Half of the view was obstructed.

Second time we were on the first floor facing the marina. We did not want first floor, but that was all they had. After staying there, we absolutely loved the convenience. This room convinced us that standard view is ok for us.

We like lake view the best, but the points are higher.
Standard is our choice for many stays because of savings.
Theme park view was fun because we loved watching the monorail, train, boats, and fireworks from our balcony.

Disney family stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, standard view in October. When we checked in I asked for a even numbered room (thanks to the members of this site). We faced the bridge/Contemporary. If we turned our head, we could see MK. Great view!

Disney family stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, standard view in October. When we checked in I asked for a even numbered room (thanks to the members of this site). We faced the bridge/Contemporary. If we turned our head, we could see MK. Great view!

Good to know! :)

Any view at WDW is a good view :thumbsup2
We own at BLT and enjoy standard view. A great location at a reasonable price.

Any resort with preferred and standard views allow you to get a more economical stay. And, BLT may have some of the best standard views available.

I think any view at BLT is a good view....besides how much time will you be in the room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter