BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I have a nice view of the fireworks but the trees obscure any view of the castle or space Mountain. Like I said, the view isn’t extremely important but since they are taking requests, and I made my request 11 months out, I should get the highest consideration of my request, over those that requested a high floor with less time remaining to check in than 11 months. And no, I don’t get worked up over things like this but I will have a chat with the proper DVC representative when I get home about the criteria put in handling requests and hopefully, an updated list of all standard studio rooms. And yes, I’m still having a great time!
What she might have meant is that there are no available standard studios above the second floor??

IMHO, this thread is very misleading, I think you got one of the best standard rooms going, center view of castle, fireworks from room at a discounted price. The room above you used to be a theme park room you'd pay a premium for, at the moment TPV starts two floors above yours. As far as the rooms above the second floor are concerned, they are usually discounted for a reason, less desirable for one reason or another. The rooms ending in 04/06 are behind a large tree and some somewhat noisy birds, 08/10, the handicap row, is mostly lakeview even though the chart says otherwise (we stayed in 7310 as a lake view less than a year ago while many people on this thread say it is standard), 12/14 are over the dumpster.

As far as handling requests, the problem is everyone is usually asking for the same thing. If 4 standard rooms come available, one with a view of the fireworks/high floor with 4 people asking for it, your odds aren't very good. Even worse, as long as Disney continues to give new rooms to "complainers", that one room might not have been available at all. If you had requested an inside odd number room or ground floor, I'm sure you would have received it.

I hope you enjoyed your trip regardless.

I have a nice view of the fireworks but the trees obscure any view of the castle or space Mountain. Like I said, the view isn’t extremely important but since they are taking requests, and I made my request 11 months out, I should get the highest consideration of my request, over those that requested a high floor with less time remaining to check in than 11 months. And no, I don’t get worked up over things like this but I will have a chat with the proper DVC representative when I get home about the criteria put in handling requests and hopefully, an updated list of all standard studio rooms. And yes, I’m still having a great time!

Awesome, enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

I can confirm that they told us today at check in that 7420 is now a TPV. My husband asked specifically about that room.

We are on the 4th a bit farther down (don’t want to give away our room number while we are here currently) in standard view.

I still think all of the fourth floor should be standard view just doesn’t make sense to have some rooms on the 4th floor theme park and others standard.

Agree with you! I believe that those of us making home resort reservations at the 11 month mark should get priority on room request. DVC should also make a list at every resort exactly what rooms and floors pertain to what views and provide these to members so hopefully there are no surprises at check-in with room request.

Agree with you! I believe that those of us making home resort reservations at the 11 month mark should get priority on room request. DVC should also make a list at every resort exactly what rooms and floors pertain to what views and provide these to members so hopefully there are no surprises at check-in with room request.

That's the big thing I don't like about BLT. It is a Condo/timeshare association and the units are assigned a particular view. They seem to want to keep it flexible which may be ok with a hotel but I don't believe it is with the timeshare.

I would be completely ok with this as well but it would mean your request would never be met when booking other resorts. Also, it wouldn't solve the disappointment/surprise of booking at the 11 month mark where the category sells out in minutes such as BLT standard rooms. People who book in the first minutes could still be last on the list for getting their request met.

My take on the 4th floors TPV rooms is that they were reallocated to Standard and then due to issues with the rooms ending in **30 (Has anyone else had one? To watch the fireworks from the balcony off the family room you need to stand against the far wall to see), they then reallocated the better 4th floor standards back to TPV. I think this is unfortunate but to me it makes sense. Could be wrong, just a guess. Anyway, I like things the way they are now and will take my turn in a 4th floor TPV. Actually already have.

My take on the 4th floors TPV rooms is that they were reallocated to Standard and then due to issues with the rooms ending in **30 (Has anyone else had one? To watch the fireworks from the balcony off the family room you need to stand against the far wall to see), they then reallocated the better 4th floor standards back to TPV. I think this is unfortunate but to me it makes sense. Could be wrong, just a guess. Anyway, I like things the way they are now and will take my turn in a 4th floor TPV. Actually already have.
I would be completely ok with this as well but it would mean your request would never be met when booking other resorts. Also, it wouldn't solve the disappointment/surprise of booking at the 11 month mark where the category sells out in minutes such as BLT standard rooms. People who book in the first minutes could still be last on the list for getting their request met.

I Know at the Aruba marriott they do rotate owners from floor to floor so all get a fair chance at “ocean view”. DVC could simply put out a chart with floors and room views and tell owners how request are handled which would go far in people not guessing and us relying on our now outdated floor view chart we have used on this thread.

Our issue with our room this last trip was the request we put in through DVC was NEVER given to BLT so we didn’t even have a fighting chance to get our request of a high floor which we understand is only a request. (FWIW when we request through marriott they say the same thing it is only a request. )

BL Theme Park View has always been - IMO - a parking lot view. Yes, I get the Castle & Space Mt is 'right there' but the parking lot is also right there. We go for the standard view and usually get a garden/lake view which is preferable to me :) and hit TOWL for the Theme Park view.

BL Theme Park View has always been - IMO - a parking lot view. Yes, I get the Castle & Space Mt is 'right there' but the parking lot is also right there. We go for the standard view and usually get a garden/lake view which is preferable to me :) and hit TOWL for the Theme Park view.

We usually do a lake view but splurged on this trip with TPV since we had extra points to use. In a couple weeks when I book for next year we will go back to lake view. We have told several people we met down at the hot tub at BLT not to waste the points for TPV as it really is a lot of a parking lot view.

I Know at the Aruba marriott they do rotate owners from floor to floor so all get a fair chance at “ocean view”. DVC could simply put out a chart with floors and room views and tell owners how request are handled which would go far in people not guessing and us relying on our now outdated floor view chart we have used on this thread.

Our issue with our room this last trip was the request we put in through DVC was NEVER given to BLT so we didn’t even have a fighting chance to get our request of a high floor which we understand is only a request. (FWIW when we request through marriott they say the same thing it is only a request. )

Does Aruba Marriott work with fixed weeks? Just wondering, if so I could see that working.

Lol, I agree and looking at a parking lot is the last thing I want to do on vacation. For us however, the guarantee of being able to see the fireworks from our room, whether it be 4th floor or 12th floor, is sometimes worth it to us. We book all categories.

Does Aruba Marriott work with fixed weeks? Just wondering, if so I could see that working.

Marriott use to have floating weeks and still does for us legacy owners and a few years ago went to a point based system (like Disney) for new owners. If your confused and thinking it sounds like two programs we feel the same way...very confusing and at times frustrating for legacy owners.

Lol, I agree and looking at a parking lot is the last thing I want to do on vacation. For us however, the guarantee of being able to see the fireworks from our room, whether it be 4th floor or 12th floor, is sometimes worth it to us. We book all categories.

We've stayed at the Poly a few times in the "M" building and the fireworks were really great - plus the TV played the whole sound accompaniment.

We've stayed at the Poly a few times in the "M" building and the fireworks were really great - plus the TV played the whole sound accompaniment.

Unfortunately the bungalows ruined it for us, too many memories of the beautiful view and expansive sand beach from past visits, it used to be our favorite resort. We stayed there in a lake view shortly after they opened as DVC, had a ground floor lakeview FLA accessible room. We hated it, couldn't see the lake at all, didn't like the fully accessible room and it felt like we were looking at Ikea prefab buildings. At the time the sound wasn't available on the tv. We have given it one more try, Moorea, standard and watched Hallowishes up on the hill. It was wonderful but I still prefer our own resort.

Do they have the fireworks music in the room on the fourth floor?

Marriott use to have floating weeks and still does for us legacy owners and a few years ago went to a point based system (like Disney) for new owners. If your confused and thinking it sounds like two programs we feel the same way...very confusing and at times frustrating for legacy owners.

Sounds like they have a few challenges too. Interesting to see that they can handle fair room allocations with a point system, I'm not sure Disney would care enough to do it.

We just stayed in 7530 beside the elevator and the bridge, I was expecting some noise but didn't hear any at all. One of the beauties of dedicated two bedrooms is that the sleeping areas do not have hallway doors so they are extremely quiet. My son and daughter (young adults) slept on the chair and living room pullout, both average sleepers and both said they didn't hear anything. We have also stayed in a room ending in **16 with the same experience.

I will say however, external noise (buses, maintenance) has bothered me at a number of resorts, all part of Disney I suppose.

We had 7530 (I think that’s what it was. It was a dedicated 2 bedroom next to the elevators) like 3 years ago and had absolutely no issues with elevator noise

Thanks for the info, it seems like most of the standard view 2 bedrooms are near elevators so I feel a lot better hearing that they aren't noisy!

I’m trying to view the pics in the OP but the images are all blank. Are they not available anymore?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!