BLT questions.

luvbwv

Half of my heart is in heaven.
Hi all, I own at BWV & WL, I have stayed at most of the DVC resorts. I am booked at BWV but BLT is available for my stay (I am at the 7 month mark.)
How is the pool area at BLT? I like to spend my afternoons by the pool. I have seen people say it is very small and very crowded. I just need a lounge chair and a little spot in the pool to cool off. :beach:
I am a 60 year old widow traveling alone.
Also, is there a mug refill area for coffee and soda at BLT?
Any other info you think would be helpful, please feel free to share.
Thanks!!!

I really do not like BLTs pool, and I much prefer either BWV's main or quiet pool.

I'm 70, and spend at least 45 min doing exercises in the water. I found if I stay by the lifeguard that's near the entrance, it works out at BLT.

I do not use it, but I have seen people fill mugs by the pool area.

I like the BLT pool because it is on the smaller side. I like that I can see my kids wherever they are.

There are some shady seats. There is also a bar/food service. I believe the refillable mug station is there, but we haven't used it so I'm not positive.

The big plus to BLT is the short walk to MK!

I cannot speak to BWV's pool, but I remember liking BLT's pool. I thought it was a nice size and it wasn't overly crowded when we were there. Family friends met us there one day and our children had a blast while we sat in a shady area enjoying drinks.

BLT owners and love both BLT and BWV. The pool (at least in the time of year we travel - Dec) can be shady by late afternoon by how the building casts a shadow. The walk to MK and having the Top of the World lounge for you to enjoy would be another consideration. Also like BWV (and Boardwalk), you can easily get to Contemporary and monorail to the other resorts for something different.

Hi all, I own at BWV & WL, I have stayed at most of the DVC resorts. I am booked at BWV but BLT is available for my stay (I am at the 7 month mark.)
How is the pool area at BLT? I like to spend my afternoons by the pool. I have seen people say it is very small and very crowded. I just need a lounge chair and a little spot in the pool to cool off. :beach:
I am a 60 year old widow traveling alone.
Also, is there a mug refill area for coffee and soda at BLT?
Any other info you think would be helpful, please feel free to share.
Thanks!!!

Also own at BWV and BLT. Love them both. I have to admit, the BLT pool is my least favorite...and I have been to all Disney World DVC pools except Grand Floridian. The BLT pool never seems to be warm...always chilly (the towers block much of the sun). BUT...my favorite place is the little beach, right past the hot tub. I'll drag a chair into the shade and read a book or just enjoy watching the boats and people on the lake....it is so relaxing. Then I'll jump into the pool for a bit. Another drawback is the daily afternoon "kids pool party". It used to be much too loud...seems they have dialed back the sound a bit lately, but it is really annoying.....another reason why I like that little beach. Also the hot tub there is treated like a "kiddie pool". I have lodged many complaints to staff there....I really don't appreciate unattended children jumping into the hottub! Again, it seems to have gotten more under control lately.

Yes, you can refill your mug for soda at that pool, but not coffee. As far as I know, you have to make the trip over to the Contemporary's quick service place. Personally, I love that walk in the early mornings. So nice and quiet...the walking bridge between BLT and the Contemporary is so enjoyable...Magic Kingdom on one side, the sun coming up on the other.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your stay!

The BLT pool is smaller but I don't find it any louder or more crowded than BWV main pool is during the afternoons. That place can be a zoo! :)

You also can use the pools at CR so there are more options when staying at BLT. I've never found those pools to be terribly loud nor crowded but have generally stayed there in the Jan/Feb timeframe when it's cooler vs April.

There are soda refills at the BLT pool but I don't think there is coffee. There's also a snack bar at the CR pool and I think there's refills there but not positive. And the other location is Contempo Cafe at CR.

The BLT pool is smaller but I don't find it any louder or more crowded than BWV main pool is during the afternoons. That place can be a zoo! :)

You also can use the pools at CR so there are more options when staying at BLT. I've never found those pools to be terribly loud nor crowded but have generally stayed there in the Jan/Feb timeframe when it's cooler vs April.

There are soda refills at the BLT pool but I don't think there is coffee. There's also a snack bar at the CR pool and I think there's refills there but not positive. And the other location is Contempo Cafe at CR.

LOL, agree! That is why we love the "quiet pool" at BWV. Unfortunately, there is no such thing at BLT. Seems like the "kids party" echoes off the towers at BLT more than the clown pool at BWV. So, the beach is a nice quiet retreat. I also found that the "kids party" at the CR goes on at exactly the same time as the BLT kids party. I've heard it from my theme park view room at BLT!! LOUD!

But again, my last few visits it seems they have really dialed back on the loudness of the kids pool party. I think it's great that they have all these programs for the kids, but I really don't see the need to have ear splitting songs and the CM shouting into the microphone.

I have found the CR pool to be a bit warmer than BLT. But that little beach is so cozy! Love BLT...can't beat that nice walk to Magic Kingdom....

And...to the OP luvbwv, so sorry you are going solo. Just noticed your siggy...I know how sad I would be too. Hugs to you.

LOL, agree! That is why we love the "quiet pool" at BWV. Unfortunately, there is no such thing at BLT. Seems like the "kids party" echoes off the towers at BLT more than the clown pool at BWV. So, the beach is a nice quiet retreat. I also found that the "kids party" at the CR goes on at exactly the same time as the BLT kids party. I've heard it from my theme park view room at BLT!! LOUD!

But again, my last few visits it seems they have really dialed back on the loudness of the kids pool party. I think it's great that they have all these programs for the kids, but I really don't see the need to have ear splitting songs and the CM shouting into the microphone.

I have found the CR pool to be a bit warmer than BLT. But that little beach is so cozy! Love BLT...can't beat that nice walk to Magic Kingdom....

I really hope they've dialed down the volume of the pool parties. I never understood it with all the concerns about hearing etc. Those could get your ears ringing for hours if you could hear it over your pounding headache. :rolleyes:

The little beach at BLT is a great place!

The lake side pool at the CR is just perfect for adults who don't want to spend all their time at the pool listening to CMs play games with the kids. It's deeper and away from the noise. There isn't any shade there that I remember, though, if you need it.

I agree, the BLT pool is small and loud. We usually stroll over to the contemporary pools to relax. I own at both Bwv and BLT, but don't stay at BLT unless the grandkids are with us. Love the extra bathroom in the 1/2 bedrooms though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter