BLT previous years, this year thinking of BW-a few questions

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we rent points from someone the last few years, and have been staying at BLT in a 1 bedroom (3 adults). Love the convenience of walking to MK, and having the 2nd bathroom. We wanted a change this year, so we were thinking of the Boardwalk. We stayed there a few years ago for a few days, and really liked the resort. I'm not a huge fan of split stays, but not totally opposed to them. I was thinking if we stay at BW maybe taking a Minnie Van to MK? I know they drop you at MK not the TTC. I get so torn, I want to stay somewhere different, but just don't know if I'll miss the convenience of BLT. Do you think if we don't do a split stay, and stay the week at BW, a Minnie van is a good idea for MK? We are also planning on going to Epcot and Hollywood studios. Opinions? Thank you!

If you don’t do a split stay, I would definetely use the buses. The Minnie Vans are very popular and (according to the last person we talked to about this) could take as long as the buses and are very expensive. We have never taken a Minnie Van, so this is not speaking out of experience, just opinion. For me, the convenience of Epcot and HWS would definitely out weigh the convenience of MK. But this is my biased opinion because Epcot and HWS are my favorites and I don’t love MK :) Good luck with your decision!

ok thanks! Didn't realize the Minnie vans would take as long as the bus would. Maybe we should do 2 nights at Bay Lake before we switch over to BW. I think one of the things we did wrong on past with split stays, we would have dinner reservations not close to the resort we were checking into-we'd have early reservations, then we would just about get in the room, then rush out to dinner. We might just need better planning! (your dog is adorable by the way!)

ok thanks! Didn't realize the Minnie vans would take as long as the bus would. Maybe we should do 2 nights at Bay Lake before we switch over to BW. I think one of the things we did wrong on past with split stays, we would have dinner reservations not close to the resort we were checking into-we'd have early reservations, then we would just about get in the room, then rush out to dinner. We might just need better planning! (your dog is adorable by the way!)

Planning is definitely a big thing! And thank you, I love my fuzzball!

Most resorts have some transportation trade off. Since you also plan to visit Epcot and DHS those become the walkable parks from BWV leaving MK for a bus ride. If you stay at BLT it's walkable to MK but it would be monorail (which can take quite a long time) to Epcot and bus to DHS. Unless you will spend the majority of your time at MK it will probably equal out. And doing a split stay takes time to move. You have to pack up and be homeless for up to 5 hours or so. It's possible that the time to pack up and check out and then check in and settle into the new room will take as much time as any bus travel to MK from BWV. Just something to consider when basing a split stay upon the travel time from a different resort.

I would just take the bus if you aren’t going to have a car. (And most wouldn’t drive because it goes to TTC but I really really hate waiting for the bus at park close.)

Thank you everyone, good point about being homeless and the bus ride times. As much as I like experiencing 2 different resorts, I do feel packing up is a pain (we're not light packers, lol!)

Try BW. The location is great. You don't have to use a Minnie Van. You can use Uber or Lyft for less than half the price. Still get dropped at Contemporary and walk to MK, which I think is better than getting dropped at the MK entrance anyway. The security check is so much easier on the walking path!

BW bus to MK is a great way to go and it seems very efficient the last few times we have been there. I do agree with Kelly8 that Uber would be another great option for a drop-off at BLT or CR then walk

Hi everyone! I love this post because you can't go wrong! I mean, I'll be honest, we always make lemonade out of lemons with any stay and haven't had a bad one yet. But, back to your question -- we happen to LOVE both resorts and just did a BWV/BLT split stay in August without issue. Everything was planned out and worked just great! We did HS, Typhoon Lagoon and Moonlight Magic at EPCOT from BW then transferred to BLT for MNSSHP at MK and additional nights. While our luggage was being transferred we visit the outlets at Vineyard and Disney Springs then went to BLT for Painting with a View and when we were done the room was ready. We love BW for all of its amenities like walking in the morning near the water, boat transportation, Fantasia Gardens, Beaches and Cream (etc!) But, we love coffee at the Contemporary, going to TOWL about every night we are not at a park, the pools behind the Contemporary and renting a Cabana there, the boat to Geyser Point and the feeling of being in the great outdoors, and taking the monorail to Ohana (etc!) We do love BW and all the resort offers. At BW, we have had Boardwalk views and Garden views and there is a great vibe in the evening on the boardwalk. The bus to Magic Kingdom has never been long for us. We have taken the Minnie Vans and I do love them, I just don't think we'll spend $25 for the three of us again since I have never had a problem with bus transportation. However, they are fun, clean, convenient and just so darn cute. And actually, we use Lyft and Uber quite a bit to/from Disney Springs or the outlets with much success and much cheaper.

I can't sway you either way because whether you go all-in at BW or BLT you can't go wrong and with a little planning, a split stay can offer a little something different, too. We like to mix it up with each stay and add special experiences or dinners and a split stay makes it feel like the vacation is even longer (just in my opinion.) Whatever you choose, have a very magical vacation!

Hi everyone! I love this post because you can't go wrong! I mean, I'll be honest, we always make lemonade out of lemons with any stay and haven't had a bad one yet. But, back to your question -- we happen to LOVE both resorts and just did a BWV/BLT split stay in August without issue. Everything was planned out and worked just great! We did HS, Typhoon Lagoon and Moonlight Magic at EPCOT from BW then transferred to BLT for MNSSHP at MK and additional nights. While our luggage was being transferred we visit the outlets at Vineyard and Disney Springs then went to BLT for Painting with a View and when we were done the room was ready. We love BW for all of its amenities like walking in the morning near the water, boat transportation, Fantasia Gardens, Beaches and Cream (etc!) But, we love coffee at the Contemporary, going to TOWL about every night we are not at a park, the pools behind the Contemporary and renting a Cabana there, the boat to Geyser Point and the feeling of being in the great outdoors, and taking the monorail to Ohana (etc!) We do love BW and all the resort offers. At BW, we have had Boardwalk views and Garden views and there is a great vibe in the evening on the boardwalk. The bus to Magic Kingdom has never been long for us. We have taken the Minnie Vans and I do love them, I just don't think we'll spend $25 for the three of us again since I have never had a problem with bus transportation. However, they are fun, clean, convenient and just so darn cute. And actually, we use Lyft and Uber quite a bit to/from Disney Springs or the outlets with much success and much cheaper.

I can't sway you either way because whether you go all-in at BW or BLT you can't go wrong and with a little planning, a split stay can offer a little something different, too. We like to mix it up with each stay and add special experiences or dinners and a split stay makes it feel like the vacation is even longer (just in my opinion.) Whatever you choose, have a very magical vacation!
How did you like the painting with a view ?

Hi, we rent points from someone the last few years, and have been staying at BLT in a 1 bedroom (3 adults). Love the convenience of walking to MK, and having the 2nd bathroom. We wanted a change this year, so we were thinking of the Boardwalk. We stayed there a few years ago for a few days, and really liked the resort. I'm not a huge fan of split stays, but not totally opposed to them. I was thinking if we stay at BW maybe taking a Minnie Van to MK? I know they drop you at MK not the TTC. I get so torn, I want to stay somewhere different, but just don't know if I'll miss the convenience of BLT. Do you think if we don't do a split stay, and stay the week at BW, a Minnie van is a good idea for MK? We are also planning on going to Epcot and Hollywood studios. Opinions? Thank you!

We used a Minnie Van last and have used them on the last couple of trips. The new pricing is definitely increasing the cost because it includes mileage. It cost us $29.27 to go from Beach Club to AKV Kidani, 5.21 miles. Going to MK would be higher. We had an estimate of $31 when checked about returning from MK to Kidani the other night. The rides will add up. The advantage of a Minnie Van is that we only waited minutes each time for it to arrive despite having an estimated arrival of 29 minutes last night's van came in 9 minutes. Just time enough for us to pay for our meal and find the Minnie Van was turning into the resort. Despite what others have said about the time it takes to get back to the resort, the Minnie Vans are more comfortable and have always gotten us to the resort as quickly as possible. Like any cab or bus the Minnie Vans too can get stuck in traffic.

The Minnie Vans were dropping off and picking up guests at the bus loop at MK when were there two days ago. I haven't heard of any changes to that pick up location.

The Minnie vans sure are worth at least trying once! We loved talking to the drivers and feeling like VIPS, even for a short time!

Last edited:
How did you like the painting with a view ?
We absolutely loved it. Like most families, we visit WDW often and I am always trying to find new activities for us to try. Hearing positive comments about this experience, we gave it a try. We signed up for the afternoon session which had about 18-20 people divided into seating at different tables. There were five people at our table. It was revealed that we would paint the iconic house/balloons from UP! It was just precious! We snacked on an ample buffet of cheeses, veggies and fruit and were welcomed to snack throughout the event. Adults enjoyed an alcoholic beverage if desired and adults or kids had unlimited soda. Our artist was wonderful. She was friendly, patient and fun. I had never done anything like that and enjoyed it so much. In fact, my teen son and husband had a great time, too. Plus, we were at the TOWL and the view is always amazing. I highly recommend this activity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts