BLT: How Quickly Does it Get Fully Booked in the Fall

GrnMtnMan

DIS Veteran
I'm in the early stages of planning for my 2012 trip. I'm thinking of either renting points again or finally buying (resale) into DVC.

So my question is, how quickly does the BLT get fully booked in mid-September to mid-November period? Does it fill up completely during the 'home-resort' booking window, or do non-BLT owners get the chance to book at the 7 month mark...and is there a good amount of inventory at that time?

I was pleasantly surprised that when I booked my end-of-October trip this year that the BLT was available. I made my reservation on March 16 for a October 22 check-in (8 nights, Saturday to Sunday). Was this unusual or closer to the norm?

If my luck was unusual, then I'd probably delay my purchase until next summer or so. But if it is pretty likely that I can secure the week I want during the last few weeks of the home resort period, then I might pull the trigger in the next few days (since its a 6-8 week process on the resale side).

Thanks.

i think it depends a lot on your accommodations. The 2 and 3 bedrooms are usually the first to go at any resort. If you know what you want, I would try and book at the 11 month window instead of waiting...Just my opinion.

1BR tend to be the last to book. BLT in September at 7 months should be doable, October gets rough with F&W and MNSSHP.

1BR tend to be the last to book. BLT in September at 7 months should be doable, October gets rough with F&W and MNSSHP.
If I buy, I'll be buying at BLT, so I should be able to make my reservation before the 7 month window opens, if I act soon.

In any case, thanks to you both for your input.

We stayed at BLT 10/18 - 10/22. We called exactly at 7 months from 10/18 to get a studio at BLT and none were available using points. We did a WL for LV or MK view studio. As I recall, our WL came through within a month, because we knew we were at BLT when we made our ADR's at 180 days.

October is a popular time for DVC member and with F&W, BWV, BCV and BLT are probably the most desired resort, given the location and transportation options to Epcot. I think you got pretty lucky to get 8 consecutive nights with short notice. It probably helps that you were just over 7 months from your arrival date.

We tried to add on two nights there at the 7 month mark for mid-October this year, and there were no studios or 1 bedrooms available in any view type. We ended up at VWL (for the first time!), which we really enjoyed.

Still hoping to check out BLT some day. We've waffled about adding on points there, but between the reports of shoddy construction and the rumors of GFV, we've decided not to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter