BLT HC rooms?

cccory

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know about the 2-bedroom handicap rooms at BLT? How many do they have? What views? Only 1 bathroom with roll in shower? Or all of them? Anything else anyone can share would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has any pictures? Wondering what floors they are on too.

Thank you

Just returned from BLT, we were given room 7912, a 1-bedroom lockoff HC room on the 9th floor. No one in our party required a HC room.

We were confirmed for a bay view, and waitlisted for a mk view. We were able to see MK and the bay -- it was great watching the fireworks from the balcony. Still not sure if this was considered an MK view or not, but it did not "cost" any more points than the bay view we booked.

Please excuse my terminology --- The bathroom in the master was fully accessible. No thresholds, low handle on the door, roll under sink, rails near toilet, lots of space next to toilet, large shower with no threshold (ds10 did cause a little flood!), pull up seat in the shower, lots of rails in the shower and a second handheld shower head.

Curious though there was no soap holder at all in the shower. Is that typical in a HC room?

The second bathroom, while it had no threshold is small - tiny tub and no rails. Other than the threshold I believe this is the standard bathroom.

Hope this helps.

Just returned from BLT, we were given room 7912, a 1-bedroom lockoff HC room on the 9th floor. No one in our party required a HC room.

We were confirmed for a bay view, and waitlisted for a mk view. We were able to see MK and the bay -- it was great watching the fireworks from the balcony. Still not sure if this was considered an MK view or not, but it did not "cost" any more points than the bay view we booked.

Please excuse my terminology --- The bathroom in the master was fully accessible. No thresholds, low handle on the door, roll under sink, rails near toilet, lots of space next to toilet, large shower with no threshold (ds10 did cause a little flood!), pull up seat in the shower, lots of rails in the shower and a second handheld shower head.

Curious though there was no soap holder at all in the shower. Is that typical in a HC room?

The second bathroom, while it had no threshold is small - tiny tub and no rails. Other than the threshold I believe this is the standard bathroom.

Hope this helps.
You did just fine with terminology.
Regarding the soap holder - some have one, some don't. We usually line up bottles on the grab bar.

There are 2 types of handicapped accessible rooms. One type has a roll in shower (the type of shower you described with a fold down seat and no/very low threshold.)
The other type has a tub with grab bars, a toilet that is between 17 and 19 inches high, grab bars by the toilet. Many hotels have just made all their rooms fit this guideline. Webmaster Corey's picture of a BLT studio bathroom shows this kind.
Bay_Lake_Tower_Studio_02.jpg

I don't remember how many rooms BLT has; the total number of rooms determines how many handicapped accessible rooms are needed according to a formula in the ADA Guidelines. The Guidelines also say that rooms are to be available in every different type of room (so they do have to have some studios, 1 and 2 bedrooms with roll in showers). The Guidelines also say that they are not allowed to 'group' all the rooms in one spot, but they must be available in the different types/views that are available to other guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter