BLT direct buyers...how long did you have to wait?

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
My guide has no idea how long the wait might be. Hoping it will come through in the next couple of months as I want the points for next December. If you bought direct recently, how long did you have to wait?

I bought 25 points direct for a March UY this past September. I had to wait all of 15 minutes.
Your issue is not that it is at BLT, but that you are looking for December points in Mid-November. I can almost assure you that you will not get them until at least the start of December, and then they will open up to you.
Any contracts that they ROFR'd missing 2016 points cannot be resold until 12/1

I agree with Ben, I bet if you call Dec 1st or 2nd they'll have something available.

I'm waiting for Feb UY direct points, if they don't come in by the end of the year I probably won't get them until Feb 2018. Crossing my fingers though. I have seen multiple Feb UY contracts get bought back via ROFR in the last month so I'm hoping I get a call soon.

You have a great chance on December 1st. I inquired about a 25 pt add on in july for an AUG UY and magically on AUG 1st Disney had the points to sell. truth is they can't sell a contract without current UY points

Thanks everyone. I should have specified that I'm looking for Feb UY. Hoping I can get it before Feb though, as that might be too late to book for next Dec, and I don't have any points that I can borrow.

My agent started a waitlist for 25 point BLT contract, with a December UY, on October 1. I'm still waiting after 6 weeks and with 2 weeks left before I switch to buying at Poly on November 30. He did say that someone who was put on a waitlist 2 weeks before me got their points 10 days ago. It's too bad he can't tell me where I am on the waitlist but if BLT doesn't show up by the end of the month, I'll go with plan B.

We bought in March and finally closed in May. 25 pt add on took 48 hours. They didn’t have points available when I called, but I called and emailed to “check in” and lo and behold, there were points! (#sarcasm) I am somewhat skeptical that the guide would have called me - a 25 pt contract isn’t exactly big potatoes for them.

We bought BLT with an april UY in sept. Initially when I called it wasen't available and since we are international we had to come onsite to buy. That wasen't a problem since we had a vacation planned anyway. So we agreed to buy another resort same UY, but on the day of arrival the 25 BLT was available so we jumped on it instead. :-)

I was on a waitlist for December points for 30 points starting in October. I re-contacted my guide after 2 weeks, who said that it was unlikely before December (still almost 2 months away). Three days later he called me to tell me the points I requested were available. I paid over the phone, and checked online a few hours later to find the points in my account. I then called member services and asked that they be banked. They showed up as banked the next day.

My agent called today with a 50 point December UY contract available. I decided to buy 30 points because the studios in the season that I will most likely use are 15 points for weekdays. I got the 2016 points and will Bank them quickly.

We just bought 125 points in August, we waited about a week for points to come through. Now looking to add on through resale.

What is the current price per point at BLT if buying direct? Any current incentives?

Feb BLT points came through today. I called and asked to be put on the list Oct 17th, got the call today (Nov 27) that a 25 pt Feb UY add on was available. Stoked! I'm super happy to get the 2017 points.

Thanks. I've been on the list since the end of Oct. Hopefully something will come up soon. Looking for 50 points, Feb UY.

Yes, good timing! We got put on the list at the end of september and on Halloween, 170 points became available for our Dec UY....we squeaked in with just a couple weeks for 2016 points which we desperately needed for our 2018 and 2019 travel plans.

Yes, good timing! We got put on the list at the end of september and on Halloween, 170 points became available for our Dec UY....we squeaked in with just a couple weeks for 2016 points which we desperately needed for our 2018 and 2019 travel plans.

What is the cutoff for getting the previous year’s UY points? Did you have to buy before Dec 1?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter