BLT 2-bedroom question?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
i know only a few 2-bedrooms in BCV have two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom.

we are thinking of booking the BLT for our next visit but was wondering if they have any 2-bedroom rooms with that same setup?

seems the disney is making a big mistake with all studios and larger rooms with only one bed and a pull out sofa.

i don't know about anyone else but my kids don't want to sleep in a pull out sofa for a full week.

At most the other DVC resorts the Dedicated 2BR's have two queen beds in the second room. BCV had some sort of mistake in the design or they would have also. But BWV doesn't have any dedicated 2BR's at all.

At OKW both lock off and dedicated 2BR's will have 2 beds in the second bedroom b/c the studios all have the 2 beds.

So - at BLT you will need to book a Dedicated 2BR.

What I wish is that the studios had a King bed instead of a queen. :rolleyes:

At most the other DVC resorts the Dedicated 2BR's have two queen beds in the second room. BCV had some sort of mistake in the design or they would have also. But BWV doesn't have any dedicated 2BR's at all.

At OKW both lock off and dedicated 2BR's will have 2 beds in the second bedroom b/c the studios all have the 2 beds.

So - at BLT you will need to book a Dedicated 2BR.

What I wish is that the studios had a King bed instead of a queen. :rolleyes:

Can someone remind me, is a dedicated 2BR a "room request" or a booking category? We'll be reserving our first 2BR at BLT this next year and will likely want a dedicated 2BR. Previously, at BWV and OKW it wasn't an issue.

Looking at the BLT room chart, it looks like the lock-offs (MK view) may have the best views as they're right down the middle of the tower versus the dedicated being on either side.

Anyway, thanks!

not sure. think at BCV it is. but the others - think it is a request.

with a mk view you need to request 7th floor or higher. otherwise it is mostly the parking lot view or the monrail view.

if you get the north side you are closer to the MK - that say think all the MK views you get a full view of the castle.

we are thinking of booking the BLT for our next visit but was wondering if they have any 2-bedroom rooms with that same setup?

seems the disney is making a big mistake with all studios and larger rooms with only one bed and a pull out sofa.

i don't know about anyone else but my kids don't want to sleep in a pull out sofa for a full week.

My husband and I slept on the pullout and let the kids have the queen last year. We figured that if they had a good sleep we would all be better off the next day!! We were very surprised at how comfortable the pull out was!! We would have no problem on that bed for a week though it probably helped that we did the parks comando style and could probably have slept on the floor comfortably too!:rotfl:

Okay, so if I booked a "2 BR theme park view" at BLT, is it possible I'll get a lock-out? When I booked, I didn't know anything about a "lock-out" or a "dedicated 2 BR".

Yes, it's possible you may get a lock-off unit, unless you place a specific request for a Dedicated 2BR. Once the request is made, it should appear on your reservation on the member site.

Okay, so if I booked a "2 BR theme park view" at BLT, is it possible I'll get a lock-out? When I booked, I didn't know anything about a "lock-out" or a "dedicated 2 BR".

See here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

There are both lock-off (1BR + Studio) and dedicated 2BR rooms in the theme park view. I was wrong above, dedicated goes right up and down the middle of the tower (over the lobby as it were), lock-offs on either side and then dedicated again on the outside edges of the view category (essentially next to each of the elevator lobbies).

While the dead middle would be great, given the views from the actual elevator lobbies, I can't imagine that any of those rooms in the category have a bad view from the living room that doesn't include the castle and MK.

Now, just need to confirm if the lock-off/dedicated are room requests or an actual booking option at reservation.

The pullouts at BLT are better than your average pullout. I'm a big guy and I can not sleep on your average pullout because of the support bars running right across the middle of my back. The BLT pullouts don't have this issue. THey are actually pretty comfortable. They are not as comfy as a bed, but they're not bad at all.

Yes, it's possible you may get a lock-off unit, unless you place a specific request for a Dedicated 2BR. Once the request is made, it should appear on your reservation on the member site.

Sweet! My details state, "dedicated 2 BR".....I can't believe I never noticed that before.

Now, just need to confirm if the lock-off/dedicated are room requests or an actual booking option at reservation.

They are actual booking categories, not requests so whatever you reserve at the time you make the reservation is what you will have.

The only way that might change is if something happened to the room and all they had left was the other category.

Regarding BLT's 2BRs - there are 148 dedicated 2BRs (the second BR has two queen beds) and 133 lock off villas (the second bedroom is a studio and has one queen bed and a pull out couch).

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/bay-lake-tower

And if you reserve a dedicated 2BR your reservation will indicate it. It is a booking category. We had a dedicated 2BR in June at Kidani Village. This is what was shown on our reservation:

Vacation home type: Ded.2BR Sav View Kidani

Booking category, not a request.

If you do not specify; you will get a dedicated by default, except of course at Boardwalk where all the two bedrooms are lock offs.

BCV is the only special dedicated booking category. If you do not book the two queens/second bedroom there you will by default get a dedicated that has the one queen/sofa bed setup in the second bedroom.

All other resorts, again except BWV, will have two queens in the second bedroom of the dedicateds.

As Kat said the only exception is if your room was taken out of service and they did not have what you booked available.

If you do not request; you will get a dedicated by default except of course at Boardwalk where all the two bedrooms are lock offs.

I'm not sure about that. I think they give you whatever is available to fit your reservation dates. Based on comments here on the Disboards, people that didn't know about dedicated villas are always ending up with lock off villas without requesting one.

I'm not sure about that. I think they give you whatever is available to fit your reservation dates. Based on comments here on the Disboards, people that didn't know about dedicated villas are always ending up with lock off villas without requesting one.

That is per a friend who is a Member Services booking agent.

Also why would they want to give up a one bedroom and a studio when they can simply book a dedicated two bedroom especially since studios are some of the most requested.

I have never gotten a lock off unless I asked for it in over 18 years of booking. Certainly if you want to book a two bedroom and all the dedicateds are gone then your only choice is to book a lock off.

It is a booking category. When you call, if you want a dedicated, ask for it. If it is available, you will be given it and booked that way.

I will say there are very few dedicated 2 bedrooms. When I called this year for 3 nights in August at the 11 month mark (didn't call until around 11;00 am), I could only get a lock off. The dedicated was gone.

Good luck!

It is a booking category. When you call, if you want a dedicated, ask for it. If it is available, you will be given it and booked that way.

I will say there are very few dedicated 2 bedrooms. When I called this year for 3 nights in August at the 11 month mark (didn't call until around 11;00 am), I could only get a lock off. The dedicated was gone.

Good luck!

At BLT, there are 148 dedicated two bedrooms compared to 133 lock offs so chances of getting a dedicated are very good.

Sweet! My details state, "dedicated 2 BR".....I can't believe I never noticed that before.

You'll love it!!! It's SO super spacious! We truly felt like we were in a home away from home and not a hotel room. It was the most relaxing stay EVER!

As others have said, it will be noted which you have on your ressie so you won't have a ded. on the ressie and end up in a lock-off. I'm not sure if one or the other is a "default" or if they ask you when booking, we just said off the bat that's what we wanted. :goodvibes
ENJOY!!!!

Thanks! We stayed in a 2BR in June 2010 and I agree it was incredible. It was bigger than any apt. I lived in. This time, we're taking my parents and it'll be my dad's first stay on-property. I think we visited in the late 1970's and stayed off-site and only visited WDW one day. I can't wait for him to see everything now esp. from a resort as beautiful (IMO) as BLT.

He was just telling he wants to go back to "that GE sponsored show where the stage spins and the guy talks about history". LOL. He also said when we went, he didn't recall that Epcot even existed and we certainly didn't go there. Totally off-topic but I'm so excited to take my parents, even moreso than when I take my kids b/c I know the kids will be going many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter