Blocked out on Birthday!!

Otterboybear

Earning My Ears
So I have a question and hope someone knows the answer: My son who is turning 9 this year's birthday falls on a Saturday which is blocked out on his deluxe AP. I know they say he can use his 1-day ticket to go in the park. Gee, just what I want to do let my 9-year old visit Disneyland all by himself on his birthday!! (We all have the same Deluxe APs) Do you know what our options are? Does anyone have a contact email for DLand?

So I have a question and hope someone knows the answer: My son who is turning 9 this year's birthday falls on a Saturday which is blocked out on his deluxe AP. I know they say he can use his 1-day ticket to go in the park. Gee, just what I want to do let my 9-year old visit Disneyland all by himself on his birthday!! (We all have the same Deluxe APs) Do you know what our options are? Does anyone have a contact email for DLand?

Your options are that you could all purchase block out passes for that day. You have to actually be at the park on the day of your birthday to get the birthday option. The only option your son would have would be to get the one day/one park pass because in order to get the other options, you need to have a valid AP or park hopper and be in the parks on that day.

Too bad I didn't schedule my c-section one day later. :confused3: Then we wouldn't have this problem. I guess it's just the (bad) luck of the draw - I wonder how many other people don't get to take advantage of this promotion. Though I guess I can't complain too much - most people in the U.S. don't have the luxury of living so close to D'land. I guess we'll just go another day - besides, who wants to go on a crowded Saturday?????:scared:

And this is why Disney's promotion this year is so effective. People aren't going to go by themselves to the parks on their birthdays = family/friends will have to (in most cases) pay for a ticket too. Marketing genius.

And this is why Disney's promotion this year is so effective. People aren't going to go by themselves to the parks on their birthdays = family/friends will have to (in most cases) pay for a ticket too. Marketing genius.

I agree!

Yes, and like anyone celebrating a birthday, they will probably do some extra special things like buy a special souvenir for the birthday person, have a nice dinner at blue bayou or elsewhere in the parok and spend more money all together because, "its their birthday." they might order a special cake and spend more on a hotel room because "you only turn X once!" yes yes, marketing genius.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter