Blizzard Beach closing in September for refurbishment

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
I saw on a couple news sights that Blizzard Beach will be closing earlier in September for a "major" refurbishment and remain closed until early 2020. Usually they close in winter for a month. I think this is a much needed thing becuase a lot of the rocks and snow are really losing their color and realistic look. Hopefully they finally put in a new slide :-)

I saw on a couple news sights that Blizzard Beach will be closing earlier in September for a "major" refurbishment and remain closed until early 2020. Usually they close in winter for a month. I think this is a much needed thing becuase a lot of the rocks and snow are really losing their color and realistic look. Hopefully they finally put in a new slide :-)
They refurb both water parks every year.

This extended refurb will be for enhancements which should be a new attraction.

Based in things going on elsewhere, I gotta think they will add a bunch of Frozen stuff to the park. Though you would think that would be advertised if they were making major changes. It would be nice if there was a major change to the park. It's fun but getting stale. Hopefully they look at the mini golf there too. It really isn't up to par with Pirates Cove or any other mini golf in the area.

Based in things going on elsewhere, I gotta think they will add a bunch of Frozen stuff to the park. Though you would think that would be advertised if they were making major changes. It would be nice if there was a major change to the park. It's fun but getting stale. Hopefully they look at the mini golf there too. It really isn't up to par with Pirates Cove or any other mini golf in the area.
You know I was wondering that myself. You have to admit it would be a perfect place to add Frozen IP, it is practically the perfect spot. The added slide(rumor from insider at WDWMagic.com) could be jumping out of her Ice castle or the slide down hill from Frozen 1

Now I don’t have to decide which park to go to in September- only typhoon lagoon open. ;)

I think both Typhoon and Blizzard need to add drop slides. They are the only parks in Orlando (maybe even florida) that don't have them.

We were supposed to go to blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon in sept. Kind of a bummer since we have never been to blizzard beach.

We were supposed to go to blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon in sept. Kind of a bummer since we have never been to blizzard beach.
What day were you planning on visiting Blizzard Beach? It closes on September 8 so if you're there before that you can still enjoy it.

Us too. We usually travel in December/January and have only ever made it to Typhoon Lagoon. We were excited to finally check out Blizzard Beach for our trip this year since it is at the end of September and we expected both to be open.

Now to decide if we do 2 days at Typhoon Lagoon or do something else with that day.

Us too. We usually travel in December/January and have only ever made it to Typhoon Lagoon. We were excited to finally check out Blizzard Beach for our trip this year since it is at the end of September and we expected both to be open.

Now to decide if we do 2 days at Typhoon Lagoon or do something else with that day.
Same for us. We decided to add a short, third day at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!