Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

IT IS STILL MICKEY DAY!
But it is getting closer to Mickey Evening.

I know a little girl that was in HOG HEAVEN with her fake champagne and gigantic chocolate covered strawberries. And so was Gia!

G7uswYXd4kYIoZTrQG2A5I2J8Bc7-y9gOcj4kH0YQehgAPQBmWIuOkB0ws_klStc5MZPhVeF2wx7MhOH6c024ymn_mvkEH5BzPGcA6YPURoUGzYB8iqCcA7-rkwNG8oeFFbSng11

Gia then enjoyed taking pictures while we packed up to get ready for fireworks. JP continued to enjoy his desserts, but he was getting tired.

ykm1zLlYkt96nniOCMsowJEypdfqNorvZzkNErCZzjLxbTqpoEBd4YDKhYAgO-f0iWZU8XVLGvTpDOoOlm7l7TIeEst-GloJlukJJn4iEhDbzPomYlwfWqxk54PFaB6f5MDWbmSp

qN30BSo1vi33cC5EY_KhWcobJ-2xcLLzWcHVFUojzJO-vpeJAMHjzj_oAyygK-eFGPbIpAm_CjV08DlnNgNEm3tJJaGngLwYIpDehMytEB1OuPrUladRD9bttmSo3EwmjcBJ8-rE

I’m sure she won’t agree, but i actually really like this picture of my mom.

Okay, enough pictures here. Let’s go find out where we need to go for Happily Ever After! We got the reservation for the Plaza Garden Viewing. We checked in with the person outside of Tomorrowland that we were told to check in with. They pointed us towards the little plaza garden nearest Tomorrowland. We made our way to the back of the “grass” and spread out our blanket. The kids got to move around (and JP was getting restless). Jimmy and Gia danced again to the music playing, this time re-creating Dirty Dancing. They received a standing ovation from the crowds around us. We didn’t have to wait too long, but we were able to find a photopass! A special Happily Ever After one!

LQav3rh3LQZtbPI5hkglPAiQsfpPdzvpU-N_01_dLNeBeQNeyaUkFOSXT2FTdaUzrxL1WWnBw6Zg9vJqquU3-aln_gSbGqNOR8OKl0OsaXlJRnpTBCl8FPEy0vLZdFL7MAQLw3af

Hahah Poor JP was getting so sleepy. I brought his noise cancelling headphones that he is really good about wearing, but he didn’t keep them on long once the show started. But before that, there was restless baby syndrome.

d_sM98S2sqoOXLby3Ju3zm9zCZpp8jx5c-Nn1qN6i2EMsExs2gDRCVF6HK2iEOXv8A-4-NEG7oElJH2NvjphMI33e8gL_rTG8Ir7PXvs4-QJ96joxySv0TXkKpPt8tMJhh_mdp5R

jxBDY_BlYWj9AaSHH59o0arWcuLx2nQdBYDQf-eGsUlS4Ljluv21cgw0hp_8lZrfIqYzq_2urQMqkIkUios8GHAAcvruKtJpkqoUaXG_ovTqSlrw3Gu6t1iS_W6TMjySI1qj4dcg

ArYlgQyq5RAYggCKDHP0ceWohvS8h_QmhsxrTuBMPS5oOMlseG0e9OkIJaaQ3HV__JNpQ9LQe4lfevc3x_LbJN0-vK28Fu7TjHThYVW-iKj3lPQxA3Z7jlj6DnMxiKTS7ijEkrKK

And then it was time! The crowd hushed, the lights dimmed, and the show began.

NpQFSu4hN9-pW6GgTrDmRoktv8iCMYj3eyM9G8FUmFaU-lIuMBuZOBysAj3IEwrbw5nzOlg8zkuyT8aDhnSk0JR6VVIllSahxiaXrqe3DN34H_FUEtrx2sqIiz2jObMKalTtSum2

I didn’t get any pictures, these are all from Mom’s phone. I ended up holding the baby with a blanket and his headphone. I faced him out to watch the show and then he took of the headphones. Fireworks did NOT bother him. Okay cool, but then the sucker FALLS ASLEEP! Now you know he is tired if he falls asleep during a firework show. And he stayed knocked out, so I just went ahead and strapped him to me in the carrier.

Only complaint about the “cheap seats” of the dessert party were the poles and things in the way of viewing. Not a big deal, but not the best. Jimmy and I actually stood up most of the show against the back railing of the fence in our area. I think G sat down on the blanket to watch.

XSkTk6H_I9KAN4BkgaHz_3FU4DKz7XDBxGjQR_sg6KUGu4ovkQyhxchWBkE9hw70E5xjk999aAf1pIDj0CzYUZTj9sp9npE1B2h79j24e7eSsxlEuPyVxQdIXwUPvfGk5aiBwPj1

JP wasn’t the only one tired. When we got back to the room, G was out before the lights were. The next morning we would be sending her things to her mom’s hotel, so I stayed up LATE washing clothes and packing her things. I also liked to get ready for the next day each evening. I’m pretty sure I clocked, like 17,000 steps that day. I can’t tell you about the rest of the days because we left a straightener on my fitbit and it was ka-put after that.

I know we are at the end of Mickey Day, and I’m sure mom has lots more to chime-in on, but that day was absolutely magical! It really way! And my goodness we did and experienced SO MUCH in just one day.

Tomorrow, like I said, Gia’s mom would be coming to meet us, we would be in Epcot, and we had another full day planned!

Before I start my next post, I just have to brag on my Disney-koolaid-drinking-husband! He was on baby duty the other morning and we are in the midst of toddler sleep regression… SO MOMMA IS TIRED!

Oh, how I remember those days.

He tells me, “I love these cartoons and I love that JP loves them. It makes me feel like I’m on the Magical Express again.”

Woot!

it felt like he was telling us to go find our own cupcakes!

I'm actually okay with that.

Love the back of the castle! It’s beautiful!

They also have the back side of water in that park. Just sayin'.

who walks slow in Disney?!

Lost people. Newbies. Non-planners.

Then I turn around to see where these two goofballs are and they’re walk-dancing. Kind of their thing.

Awww... :)

I looked at the previous two photos and wondered if you'd do this one too.

Jim and I took a picture, too, but not quite as flattering. Actually not flattering at all. Sunny, Sweating, you get it.

And we get to not see it. Got it.

I don’t remember how we went from travelling for churros to standing in the world’s longest line for ice cream. But we did.

Strong is the lure of ice cream.

Only a few minutes in, we get the “OH NO!” from G. She had spilled her chocolate ice cream on her white shirt.

Oh dear...

She is very particular about what she wears. The fabrics, the feel, the way she looks and feels in it.

Well, sure. Who wants to be uncomfortable??

Remember earlier she wanted everything in this shop but didn’t want to buy it herself? Now she wants nothing (because it’s something she has to wear) but HAS to find something. Oh how the tables have turned.

:laughing:

New shirt! AND super cute with leggings!

::yes::

While Jimmy was checking out, we saw a few of the bears from the Jamboree. Gia wasn’t feeling like going to meet them or anything, then a cast member kind of grabbed her hand like “come see the bears” and she started walking with her and BOOM! IT WAS LIKE A FLASH MOB. But really, it went from an empty street with a few country bears and a cast member or two into a hoe-down right in front of us, and Gia got to take part in it! SHE WAS SO HAPPY and I had that whole “THATS MY BABY” stupid grin on my face the entire time.

Awwww.... wonderful memory. :)

Like this shot. :)

I’m sure she won’t agree, but i actually really like this picture of my mom.

Me too! She looks so happy! :goodvibes

Only complaint about the “cheap seats” of the dessert party were the poles and things in the way of viewing. Not a big deal, but not the best.

Hmmm.... Okay, if you say so.

Fireworks did NOT bother him. Okay cool, but then the sucker FALLS ASLEEP! Now you know he is tired if he falls asleep during a firework show.

Wow. I'm a bit surprised by that.

JP wasn’t the only one tired. When we got back to the room, G was out before the lights were.

Awwww... all tuckered out.

They also have the back side of water in that park. Just sayin'.
:rotfl2:Classic.

Lost people. Newbies. Non-planners.
Right. And we are D- none of the above!

And we get to not see it. Got it.

upload_2018-8-31_10-28-10.png
meh. good quality, but definitely not my favorite.

Strong is the lure of ice cream.

:rotfl:

Wow. I'm a bit surprised by that.

Me too! We went to a football game last night and Jimmy wanted me to grab JPs headphones for him. 1- I have no clue where they are since everything is in storage while we sell the house. and 2- the boy does not need those for a high school football game when he fell asleep through fireworks.

He said, "oh. True. good point."

Awwww... all tuckered out.

So, so very tuckered out.

Right. And we are D- none of the above!

meh. good quality, but definitely not my favorite.

Sunny and sweaty.

I’m kidding. You both look great. :)

Me too! We went to a football game last night and Jimmy wanted me to grab JPs headphones for him. 1- I have no clue where they are since everything is in storage while we sell the house. and 2- the boy does not need those for a high school football game when he fell asleep through fireworks.

He said, "oh. True. good point."

:lmao:

What a wonderful day at MK! You did SO much! My favorite part? The unplanned, unexpected hoedown in Frontierland! How completely cool is that?! I'd have thought the views would have been been better and more unobstructed too since you're paying so much. Huh!

I don't think it's even possible for you to take a "bad photo". You are so totally gorgeous!

He tells me, “I love these cartoons and I love that JP loves them. It makes me feel like I’m on the Magical Express again.”
Love it!

We’ve always joked about telling Gaston to make his own sandwich… now, it felt like he was telling us to go find our own cupcakes!

So we used the app (have to ask Mom which one) to find just what snacks we wanted.
I need to know what this app is?!! There have been many times where I could have used this!

Me and Mom are trucking it. I mean, who walks slow in Disney?! Then I turn around to see where these two goofballs are and they’re walk-dancing. Kind of their thing.

dvAw0nz3xWFcC2KGPiUovx8sKAfB_hflJKI6gm1TcNYHyssKNGrlk8fSSkrxw0mdJozPHY-4fkMewLo3ZsbENi81ckGY94igHs58d8rpTg7vxN5aq9KqOWEb9TJlIvV9iwDPXg33
Too cute! They seem like they def have a great bond.

cpXogk7m3uK1h5VuotVyd5pXIsOIlWAsUH6OA87OjHQ2r688N1hRjIZx59WAwyjDd8fPMxUqzvFjqsFW_h-p6NL7317SnnUorwqDsVGGlj2xJcKQw_a8nOiBcO8wIACC9SUukPc2

Cinderella wearing a crown!
I showed Gwen this trick one trip and it is a must do for her each trip to get the angle just right. She loves the "secret"

Poor G. Spilled Ice Cream is never fun. Especially when you were warned...

PI55Tvd2TKyuCPq6jcR1-7QViITafPq9MjjGq96PA-OT8tGyo668WUGLomrAWelB_ya2DqToPMG8Aw-qw0g-cbsvGMmVBOC1Y0dsnY8NAAZpO9yslNnp-Wp2YZNO3tBYGzuOLV-8

One of those moments that didn’t make great for pictures, but made for great memories. I’ll take it!
I totally agree the best memories and moments are the unplanned ones.

ne5qMUiJbLfkv8OeCTnUOtUjCh7Ju-XOfW1zTHMGJGK7GT-Ig7xydRtXtU_nNMAg7NrhGg1C6cs5qWdos0yCeHTQNFukzA6A6ho4mMGUBxrBmmRl4hu5RAXtRnhqYeW_ffEdYYWw

Not a good enough picture to do it justice.
Such a cute little man admiring his favorite thing! So, cute.

Looks like a girl in heaven! I want to do the after dessert party on our next trip. As our last day thing. Hopefully the timing will work out.

That is a tired little boy!

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Your Mickey Day was amazing! I hope someday when I have kids to have a Mickey Day just like this one! Such wonderful memories you made with your family that day.

Sunny and sweaty.

I’m kidding. You both look great. :)

emphasis on the sweaty, but thank you.

What a wonderful day at MK! You did SO much! My favorite part? The unplanned, unexpected hoedown in Frontierland! How completely cool is that?! I'd have thought the views would have been been better and more unobstructed too since you're paying so much. Huh!

I don't think it's even possible for you to take a "bad photo". You are so totally gorgeous!

You flatter me! I only choose to post the good ones LOL
But YES! We did SO MUCH! I'm really impressed looking back. And I really liked the special things we planned ahead and just kind of filled in the moments in between with all of these random fun things. My husband and I are thinking of going ourselves next September and maybe doing something super special like an excursion at Animal Kingdom or maybe a dessert party in Epcot!

Too cute! They seem like they def have a great bond.

They really do. They are a lot alike... both VERY HIGH MAINTENANCE!

Poor G. Spilled Ice Cream is never fun. Especially when you were warned...

Oh I love this more than I should admit.

Sounds like a wonderful day!

It one probably my favorite.

Your Mickey Day was amazing! I hope someday when I have kids to have a Mickey Day just like this one! Such wonderful memories you made with your family that day.

Really way something special! A lot of planning, but a lot of winging it. And the magic is in the winging it... because planning never goes off as planned LOL!

What a fabulous day! Loved it from start to finish :)
Wow you did a lot!!
Totally agree with you that some of the most magical moments are the unplanned ones :)
Gia looks so happy:)

You flatter me! I only choose to post the good ones LOL
But YES! We did SO MUCH! I'm really impressed looking back. And I really liked the special things we planned ahead and just kind of filled in the moments in between with all of these random fun things. My husband and I are thinking of going ourselves next September and maybe doing something super special like an excursion at Animal Kingdom or maybe a dessert party in Epcot!
I would HIGHLY recommend the Wanyama Tour which includes Jiko for dinner. It's amazing!

I would HIGHLY recommend the Wanyama Tour which includes Jiko for dinner. It's amazing!

TELL ME EVERYTHING! Okay it says dinner is included. What kinda prices is it all together? I'm seeing where you can book it all 180 days out, but do I need a separate reservation for the dinner or how does it work?! THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!

It's past time for me to get caught up with Michelle so she can get our next day posted.

I left off with all of us riding our first FP for the day Buzz. We all loved this classic family ride. My DH likes this to be the first ride in the Magic Kingdom for nostalgia. Back when it was a new ride we would make the mad dash to get there at park openings so to him this is how to open the park. By the time we got out the park was pretty crowded.
DSC_0292.JPG DSC_0293.JPG DSC_0295.JPG
We made our way back to Main Street to do some shopping. We took some really great photopass pictures on Main Street too. Michelle has already posted these. One of my favorite gifts is a puzzle she had made for me for Mother's Day of one of the pictures. I really like doing puzzles and a Disney one is the best. This is when I picked up a cute Disney onesie for JP. This is also where I made the mistake of sending it back to the resort. This normally would not be a mistake, no one wants to carry around extra bags when you can send it back to the resort. But as Michelle has already reported we really needed the extra outfit later that day. I also spent some time looking for a new Grumpy shirt for DH. He has come by the nickname of Grumpy honestly. He also wears his Grumpy shirts proudly, but he's also picky. This was the one we found, but didn't buy.
IMG_3052.jpg

After shopping we headed back down Main Street towards Fantasyland for our next FP.

DSC_0302.JPG DSC_0303.JPG

I was so happy that we caught the Trolley show. I've been lucky to catch them the last few trips but Michelle and the others had never seem them. I just love it!

DSC_0306.JPG
The Cast Members made a point of visiting with Gia and John Paul. This made the show all the more special.

We continued walking towards Fantasyland.

DSC_0311.JPG

We were making our first trip into Fantasyland this trip. It was time for our FP for "Enchanted Tales with Belle". This was going to be a first for Michelle, Jimmy & JP. Gia might have done it in the past but was too young to remember. I know she didn't do it in 2015.

DSC_0314.JPG
She didn't get picked for a major part but we were so proud that she stepped up to participate. I really think she liked it too. It's a intimate setting with no pressure for kids to be a part of the Magic.

We still had a little bit of time before our late lunch at Be Our Guest so we hopped in line for "Under the Sea". This was one ride Jimmy did in 2015 so we knew it was a good bet for the whole family. Of course JP gave out while we were still in line.

continued. . . .

Last edited:
It was finally time for lunch. We almost cancelled this lunch since we did it in 2015 but Jimmy really liked it so we kept it.

IMG_3060.jpg

We grabbed a table all the way in the back of the Ballroom next to the windows.

DSC_0315.JPG
IMG_3062.jpg
So we're once again eating so that means it's time for another bathroom incident. We had 3 adults and 2 kids so we could juggle. Once I finished eating I took Gia and JP to the bathroom. I sent Gia to one of the stalls and I proceeded to change JP on the changing station. As soon as I removed his diaper he let loosed the most pee I have ever seen come out of that child. It was so much it was pooled on the changing table. Everything got wet. There was nothing I could do but laugh. Gia helped me grab some paper towels to mop of the mess. Luckily I had some clorax wipes to wipe the table back down. Unfortunately we had nothing left for JP to wear. He had a clean dry diaper but no clothes.

So of course our next stop was shopping. It was not easy to find baby boy clothes in Fantasyland. We knew there was some on Main Street but that was really far away. We finally found something in the Winnie the Pooh dump shop. I was really wishing I had not sent his onesie back to the resort.

It was finally time to ride Jimmy's favorite ride, "Small World". And yes we did wait in line for it. JP kept us entertained so the line moved along. He discovered every child's favorite past time while in line, hanging on the chain.

IMG_3063.jpg
Time to board our boat.

DSC_0320.JPG DSC_0328.JPG

When we finished we entered what I think is the most crowded area of the park. Between Peter Pan and Small World is the worst.

DSC_0331.JPG

We made our way through the sea of people towards "New Fantasyland". It was time for a potty break and to check out Gaston's.

DSC_0333.JPG
It doesn't seem to be as crowded here. I guess everyone was inside Gaston's because when we got there we couldn't find a table so we skipped getting a snack. We did jump in line to meet Gaston. This was a first for me. I did get any interaction with Gaston but enjoyed watching others.

Our next FP was in Adventureland so we headed that way to get some ice cream before. Michelle did a great job telling of our ice cream adventures. I was really happy to get another Dole Whip ice cream. So far I've had 2 park days and 2 Dole Whips. I still planned on getting one at POP at some point since they now had them in the food court.

Jungle Cruise is one of our family favorites. Of course the better your skipper, the better the ride. I have found that every time we ride with FP we get seated on the left side of the boat. I prefer the right side for picture taking. When you're on the left you get pictures with either people or the boat in them.
DSC_0337.JPG

There are a few photos on the left side.

continued. . .

Last edited:
DSC_0340.JPG

I think we might have still been looking for the churros for Jimmy so we headed back to Frontierland. This was a really great thing because we caught the Hoedown. Gia was invited by a CM to dance and she joined right in. This reminded me of Michelle's first Disney trip in 1999. We were watching the afternoon parade in Frontierland. When the parade stopped and dancers took people from the crowds to come dance, she was picked. I loved watching her enjoying herself just like we all enjoyed watching Gia dance.

DSC_0346.JPG

When we finished dancing with the Country Bears we noticed the daylight was starting to fade.

DSC_0353.JPG

It was time to start making our way to the Dessert Party. We walked back down Main Street to the lockers to get our blanket and clean out the locker. By the time we started walking towards the Tomorrowland Terrace it was dark.

IMG_3084.jpg
We were all excited about the Dessert Party. It was a first for everyone. I had seen "Happily Ever After" in May 2017 but we didn't have a good view of the castle. You can't just be anywhere to watch like you could with "Wishes". If you can't see the projections on the castle it takes away from the show. I was really looking forward to really seeing the show this time. We checked in at the Terrace and got our special bracelets. We were escorted to a table just for us. We did our divide and conquer so everyone could gets some treats. This was my first plate, but it wasn't my last.

IMG_3085.jpg

Everything looks so good. The next time I want to get their earlier and take more time enjoying the treats. Yes I would do this again. Once we were done eating we were escorted to the roped off area for our special viewing. The area was not crowded and we had room to spread out. I had read a suggestion to get up against the railing to use as a brace. While some people did stand up to view the show not everyone did. It was great to see it without trying to look over others or being right up next to your neighbor. Getting our picture taken by photopass was an added bonus too. I'm going to post one of the few pictures I took, since I for the most part just enjoyed the show. Of course it's a picture Michelle already posted but I really like it.
IMG_3095.jpg

After the show we made our way out of the park like hordes of other people. We were routed behind Main Street to the left which was pretty neat. We had had a really great day in the Magic Kingdom. It wasn't the type of day I had had in the past. With small kids we had done things differently. We had left some room for some unexpected magic, the best kind. Normally we would have been at the park for rope drop. We would have ridden the mountains and not spent nearly as much time on Main Street.

Up next is Epcot and blending our families.

My DH likes this to be the first ride in the Magic Kingdom for nostalgia.

I get that. I don't ride it first, but... I have to ride HM for the same reason.

Back when it was a new ride we would make the mad dash to get there at park openings so to him this is how to open the park.

Makes perfect sense.

Very flattering photo. ::yes::

:rolleyes1

One of my favorite gifts is a puzzle she had made for me for Mother's Day of one of the pictures.

What a great idea!

But as Michelle has already reported we really needed the extra outfit later that day.

Yep.

I was so happy that we caught the Trolley show. I've been lucky to catch them the last few trips but Michelle and the others had never seem them. I just love it!

Not sure if I've caught them.

It was time for our FP for "Enchanted Tales with Belle".

That's got to be the best themed character meet. It's just... so well done.

It was finally time for lunch. We almost cancelled this lunch since we did it in 2015 but Jimmy really liked it so we kept it.

It's worth it just for the french onion soup.

We grabbed a table all the way in the back of the Ballroom next to the windows.

Love those windows. Even if I get enough snow as it is.

As soon as I removed his diaper he let loosed the most pee I have ever seen come out of that child.

:lmao:

urine+gif.gif

He had a clean dry diaper but no clothes.

Meh. It's Florida. It's hot. It's all good.

We finally found something in the Winnie the Pooh dump shop.

So are you glad he didn't take a poo dump in the pooh dump shop?

He discovered every child's favorite past time while in line, hanging on the chain.

When we finished we entered what I think is the most crowded area of the park. Between Peter Pan and Small World is the worst.

Huh. I've never thought of that. I think you're right!

So far I've had 2 park days and 2 Dole Whips.

This is as it should be.

I still planned on getting one at POP at some point since they now had them in the food court.

Really???

But... not floats, I guess.

Jungle Cruise is one of our family favorites. Of course the better your skipper, the better the ride.

Absolutely. The skipper makes or breaks that ride.

We were all excited about the Dessert Party. It was a first for everyone.

I wouldn't mind trying that some day.
Not sure if it's a priority, though.
I just don't think I'd eat enough to justify it.

This was my first plate, but it wasn't my last.

:laughing: Atta girl!

Of course it's a picture Michelle already posted but I really like it.
img_3095-jpg.351981

Definitely a great shot. :)

Jungle Cruise is one of our family favorites. Of course the better your skipper, the better the ride. I have found that every time we ride with FP we get seated on the left side of the boat. I prefer the right side for picture taking. When you're on the left you get pictures with either people or the boat in them.
Intersting... Probably because they load you in first?
And your skipper makes a huge difference on the ride. I do think the people in the boat do as well. If the other people think the skipper is funny, it is contagious.

img_3085-jpg.351980

Everything looks so good. The next time I want to get their earlier and take more time enjoying the treats. Yes I would do this again.
I booked the After Dessert Party for us for February. And I am SUPER excitied about it.

Perfect shot!

TELL ME EVERYTHING! Okay it says dinner is included. What kinda prices is it all together? I'm seeing where you can book it all 180 days out, but do I need a separate reservation for the dinner or how does it work?! THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!
Here are the links to the review I wrote of it in 2016. :)

Wanyama Pt. 1

Wanyama Pt. 2

It was $170 pp and totally worth it! At far more than $70 of food per person (probably closer to $100) the tour itself if so worth it! With hors' doeurves included, nearly private guides, and a 2 hour jeep ride, I'd easily do it again. Loved it!

It was time to start making our way to the Dessert Party. We walked back down Main Street to the lockers to get our blanket and clean out the locker. By the time we started walking towards the Tomorrowland Terrace it was dark.

It gets dark so quickly down there! I always notice that being from Oregon.

We were all excited about the Dessert Party. It was a first for everyone. I had seen "Happily Ever After" in May 2017 but we didn't have a good view of the castle. You can't just be anywhere to watch like you could with "Wishes". If you can't see the projections on the castle it takes away from the show. I was really looking forward to really seeing the show this time.

Definitely something I don't like about that show. Another reason you feel like you have to stake out a spot early, wasting ride time.

It wasn't the type of day I had had in the past. With small kids we had done things differently. We had left some room for some unexpected magic, the best kind.

You're right... unexpected magic is the very best kind!

Day 3: Epcot!
Morning… HURRY UP, WE HAVE TO RACE TO TEST TRACK!

And then it was Monday. EPCOT day! We had a lot planned for this day but also a lot we wanted to “wing” that day. I don’t like being married to plans when I know how hard they are to break, and Gia’s mom would be meeting us later that afternoon.

But first, we had to get everyone up and ready and get Gia’s bags checked to send to her mom’s resort. Of all the plans we had, we did NOT make fastpasses for Test Track because it was not the most beneficial for the group. But we DID promise Gia we would take her FIRST THING that morning. So everyone had to get their butts up and moving to make it to Test Track!!!!!

fm129yxctWxG3V00G0bDG12EP29cNZAvsUKACot7ozFUGWm2XL_hikyl2000OkYS-IKTvjv_MgZHG3RKYRctJSQH2Sqma7ufV7gxY9mDdqH9C2KaxlAhrD8-nzQQipME5wWPC8Gb

But first… how stinking cute are they?!

Surprisingly, outside of the fact that we had moved luggage before (already once this trip), it was VERY easy… AGAIN! And I’m so glad, because this trip went so well in regards to split custody, I would anticipate something in similar fashion in years to come. One less thing to worry about when that day comes.

We got on a bus and headed to Epcot!

_ipyIXJ-7TyrUjRbVpMhFxwoUnwpsrKhdiLxT1UhGun11z3e-khZJP4EytdCXeJFctbSDYet3MAPjWLqX6YIo36cmoJVlY73N4MsVvweCZwm2719rvWhdaV9PzSTTc1lxJnIRnY8

Gotta love walking up to that! Now on this trip, it was the International Festival of the Arts. So there were crafty things to do here and there, but most importantly, there was Broadway in Disney performances THAT DAY! I actually considered doing the meal where you get passes to it. But again… don’t like being married to plans when we already had a lot of time constraints that day. Spoiler alert… I never saw the Broadway singing. Still slightly bummed, but I will just have to go back another time.

By this day, I think we gave up on the lockers and had learned what we did and did not need. And we did NOT need baby food, that freed up a ton of space.

Sidetrack for a moment…

For anyone going to Disney with babies… I used the Playtex drop-ins and I would pack a few individual packets of formula (light crystal light for babies) and a few pre-made bottles that enfamil makes. So if I had water available, I would make a bottle, but if not then I had some pre-made. I tried to save the pre-made ones for emergencies when we weren’t able to make a bottle before he would go crazy, like if we were in a line or something. I also just packed extra nipples and had a “clean” ziplock and a “dirty” ziplock for them. I’d change the nipple, toss the drop-in, and that was that. Super easy, no mess, and not a ton to carry!

We also ended up spending more time carrying JP in the carrier and just using the stroller for storage. I mean, let’s be honest, that’s what they are really for, right?

Back to our day: We got into Epcot and needed to rush to Test Track. We did not stop, we did not shop, we did not pass Go, and we certainly did not collect $200. Jimmy was in charge of JP and we were going to try to get on Test Track as fast as possible. I still have a lot of trouble being away from JP when I don’t HAVE to. It’s something I struggle with, because I know I have to be mindful about the other people in our family that need me from time-to-time, too. But this was about Gia and for Gia, and I promised her this!

Dad and JP watched the Garbage guys perform while we walked briskly to TT.

7PQlROp_aK1gkmkaO61V6VRyPzs8DhYl_UYD49DvW2rrfOUUdogiV5U6ni5R0yI5VLeI5ZUcWQLQEo9_55PSEkoR9XaeK--djfFAVLgLv7xXuwERKxHL-1BapxdQR0KYEqf0ImCR

When we got there, the line had already been growing so we pulled a pretty risky move and we went in the single rider line! I figured: there are 3 seats to a row. If they need people to fill in from the single rider line, they will either need one person, or one in both the front and the back seats. So I just tried to reassure G it would be okay and we would be together and everything would be great. But I really wasn’t sure how this was going to go, just knew I was going to use the “she is scared and wants me to be in the car with her” excuse if I had to and let single riders pass me until a car need two people. Yes, Sorry, I was willing to be THAT person.

XYW4-Jw2sADcwTEeab35rom9PCXW3OnuL4SrEPxGkX-FoREPZEUxClaeVVEIlvAGxPylNi8f3_DsfYdxwkcUbNScpb4bSFfTh11Nmy4IS_BGGu2vcBqwfEZnr3kFlREBsu5uHVwO

We created our cars and took our pre-ride selfie. I think I clued Mom in on my “I’ll do whatever I have to so she isn’t alone” plan. Mom was game. She knew she would have to ride alone. THANKS MOM!

We made it to the front of the line in probably less than 20 minutes. Here we go. They needed one single rider. Mom was up! Next car, LUCKY US, THEY NEEDED 2 SINGLE RIDERS! I had already prepped Gia for the idea of me sitting behind her if we had to. So I just held her hand from the back until she was good. That was quick, because she was fine and having the ride of her life in no-time. The family with us actually offered to move seats so we could be together, but G said she was okay! DISNEY IS FULL OF THE BEST PEOPLE!

Long story, short: WE DID IT! We rode TT, in a short time, and G was not alone!!! WINNING! She actually ended up doing it the same way again later in the evening with her stepdad. Because she is just so brave now. YOU’RE WELCOME!

8t671RMLOMZlN1maxFPRDO4UxHHmcIJMJGZT_4916oiqNxSkyCnM7ymfDz_dKrEDopZN8y1Qmw0zEQY52e_RclCbYW_Iu8VEXqhyaIH9SPGwwpOOFon5v_5-uVIgKCLBf1F_Ol6a

Mom, clearly having the time of her life, right?

zyX8tFCEzh2UvMU7rfCMa8N3s8RkTyqauwsFktHTgEw5jr6Q35tKuUDUf-Ps2oFAAZsmezDJW-ALu15MorjdghEPzHfu6dCFaRkBhsGJ3gr9JILZrrPPGsHOR8BHlMheMZrIgZ9D

Just saying, but THIS IS SACRIFICE, PEOPLE! The curls may be natural, but it was too early to let them go to the wind just yet. G, obviously having a great time. Also, both of our cars were full of LSU people! GEAUX TIGERS!

Now, we had a little time to kill before our brunch in Norway. We called to meet up with Jimmy and he found his way into an (indoor, air conditioned) line to meet Baymax. It was just him and JP, but we crashed their party. Now there was not much, if any, skipping going on. Although, I did step out of line with JP to change his morning poop in a strange and dark corner between the different character rooms in those innoventions wings. It was a little weird when a few characters passed by and I’m just like, “nothing to see here, folks!” I think the only way to make this funnier would be if Pooh himself was there to watch me change my son’s own poo.

I was impressed at Jimmy doing something special for JP. I know Dads are parents too, and totally capable, but in our house I do almost all of the hands-on parenting just because he works so much. He plays an integral part in our family dynamic, but when he has those Dad moments or he has special things with the kids, without me facilitating it or telling him what/how/when to do it… it really gets me in the feel good emotions.

But back to our day… They apparently had been walking around the shops the whole time we were gone. JP is big into “What’s that” and there is SO MUCH to “what’s that” and point at in a shop.

WH5Bt9VjKR5QU_yi8JNXMCQMpWYegVMaKAA3otVeLDpIU92f0a20My3unRxVrkOEo16yKiuJcgLbfFmOAK97pqqzmeXizhNh893WZTxsYwqvKDCN1eE0yirGt798Cu5yWBIh_yiP

We did some rope swinging, and possibly eating while waiting to meet Baymax. We also practiced walking. This trip was kind of the first go at hand-holding-walking JP did. Gia was really glad to be a part of it.

Um-Jg917Mzs0lohm3rDLD2wpBXn8-p8XdeiT5JQS3ff3nhfQYdkwpvBrk6lKaIyQMyvSHVW4Sa54H9wOmlsdz_t0xS_3CJ2lwBAc98hxwidIxCekXIdlUkPPMIZsgvoCxk0XEa5z

Oh, and here’s that Mickey keychain he loved so much. The one he puked on the day prior. Also, playtex drop-ins there. FOR THE WIN!

vauzTgC2a9VFaeZ8LwoT4A8sSAu4sLe3dwafUghMsMoF5EMxN1HT-8b3VX75YU4vgPJSCcTeujtgvb1taG7-vRniZk7lWCRKWHgMoj2NyK4ZEgkL_I6cW37_q1CeBwKMvWZIPd5W

QAKSV_VjQPwWR4sNTxoPINyNhAtEawTtSTvyUcwI685Pbhy4DcnCIYncufR1dDZMWPWZu1PVJPc0RyvCCJfvfAqDkYGEyv7XC3YPxOAnP5CIca7BR2SzldnTJMqhnU49zMabpbFE

JP actually held my hands and walked up to Baymax, then hugged him. And no, he is not giving him a purple-nurple in the second picture, he just liked the way he felt. Or so I assume.

Day 3: Epcot!
Morning… HURRY UP, WE HAVE TO RACE TO TEST TRACK! ..continued...

boq0FIwZShQQwdTlD1mMnkhh2YtnQXgv-rHE_cTlygXMiLV7LYAIDY44KmugFfie2k5CDGmN8-vf9CjDMX6w3JVOIvb1iwfstwjclPfqjlW92DiIRaqs5t-SAl71aui0LO8zbhif

Please take note of our outfits on this day. I know we talked about it before, but this morning would be our Princess breakfast and that evening would be our dinner at the Coral Reef. JP, clearly Prince Charming. Gia went for the Little Mermaid look with her seashell shirt (that we made) and the third pair of mermaid leggings we bought from Amazon until she liked one. Mom is her signature Snow White. Disneybounding, like a BOSS! Proud of you, Ma! And I have my favorite, Belle, on a dainty cold-shoulder top (with rose choker from Hot Topic-- yep. Went there). Jimmy had a Prince Charming shirt that I was too busy making sure I had everything for Gia, to remember to tell him about. So he is wearing the shirt I got for him at Christmas. It’s the seagulls from Nemo and says “wine! Wine! Wine!” Perfectly Jimmy: gives an essence of needy, and also notates his love of all things wine. Love these outfits today! Very proud of us all.

Okay it’s barely 10am and we’ve already ridden Test Track and met Baymax. So far, so good. Now… WE BRUNCH!

First of all, this is my favorite princess meal. They’re in the pretty dresses, but mostly because this was the first place you could MEET Belle in her yellow dress and get a pretty picture to take home. Mom and Dad got me a frame one year for Christmas to put the picture in from this breakfast. I did. And I just so happen to have needed to crop my sister out of it to fit in the frame. She was not amused.

Another reason to love this breakfast: the food isn’t bad. Lunch and dinner is definitely different, but the breakfast is AWESOME! I’m not a very adventurous eater, and Norwegian food did not sound particularly appetizing. Luckily, they also have a cold bar with yogurt, fruits, bagels and pasta salad and stuff. So there is always something for everyone to eat.

Another little tid-bit, is that we used to be able to enter The World Showcase early for breakfast there. Now, as I’m reading up on my next trip, it looks like they open JUST that pavillion early. I guess so people don’t abuse it (like us, lol). Mom actually has a funny story about this from her trip last May. She was supposed to LIE to the guy that lets you in so they could go to World Showcase early. The lie did not, could not, leave her lips. She told the truth and was turned around! Dad and Danielle, again, not pleased. LOL!!!

We chose this meal because we did it in 2015, but that was the day my in laws told us they would hang back at the hotel and let G swim. I mean, I didn’t make princess reservations JUST FOR MYSELF! So while I still enjoyed the 2015 meal, it wasn’t the same without our little princess. This time we would have G and the lady charmer, JP. And we were all dressed appropriately, of course. So it was very exciting to be doing this together.

By the time we made it to brunch (I keep saying brunch because it was like a 10:25 meal. Which is 11:25 home time), JP was knocked out. AW MAN! So G did the Belle pictures herself and they told us just to come back later when he was awake. SO SWEET!

O_T6HvlZWoenkqwQ95htPoRebqPaj82z_dLXYpSgxEul4cQjhuFCNqVkkL2VhIeQBcPI65F_RFUreOIK2xQj3oElFOV8psDq2k343p-aq2lm4o-yZjd03l-nQXUjOyxfuhbj1n5L

aMwvEB7ro1iwEHu5eVQqNpp2Lslyl4hj51j95xv09JfsG9UfzJqTq3j6XLJs8ANPT00lwom2a67Gy58QEqDAoZ1cyE9tbAn6w_D-Tzj-BnHvAcvjRPZLMnT3nh_9xUNsW9tl9KD7

UFW1Gd0qvfFHZwYUuOezX3NMCxUAsf-iCluTHF8GrRcTZR02Eb8XzFILijuC49MDO2deYKJAa6jYm2iMWtp4dogsMwZ6vBAFVX3C5L39il5YyrF4kfomtfspKv4CdsBkyxplp45c

Our table was off to the right in this little nook. We’ve been seated just about everywhere in here, but this was the best spot for us. Away from the crowd, so it gave us room to easily move around for princesses, and with the baby and what not.

xN1WRezW9kk6faZMt-iUiDCo-pIoalttoKrxTDoTJmrUHepmzA9a0epTMvxI99uh9MW-BfG2EuRCi96MiG4Zde-uakInnLTN9tIZlRMvbTmvpx-PR0UHXUOlTvvVJpGK5kMK6uEa

Oh, the food! I do love all of these things pictured. JP must’ve smelt the food because he woke up shortly thereafter, and as always, in time for princesses.

PMn6rrq_Zz71BlYWONIqbLpswfbMiQqd5bNNStotyPy5IyXQagqCk7iyv75LaHYCR4_LIBH6pWggJYOedqcr_h_0YP_QH6LHlCtuMUdEY5UVBngDrsiVI4wiPvuLAL5datbzUL7D

FD3MXUqxicwpQFy0tj6JXU1b_89FjMcUh4MZBNVUYRBw_iMUq-O3X6BHikMbIvraJ1ygXkiVQcMIGE8fwCDcGfE635nVRzEBtRpw08AY7bMJJ89udrD4p90YePwsT5ZP2f74_t3C

Cinderella got a big kick out of him. Must’ve been the Prince Charming outfit.

M0RJaYkmsa6KpoQ1Yw0fYEOg5NLhXVXEJ9tMa09VLrYtevPmZcu4HQSZM-7SPPyFm3PEwGQVy2Yxe1gFRBmz9r1XW39XHigjL_5hb1DitOjjfp8TDowLKjAfS8ATtjnPSzGEF1YI

Thank you, Princess, for playing up this photo op for us! We REALLY appreciate it. It was my desktop background at work until just recently LOL

l9ktD9hW6G1AJSskqSAAchh1WSKhbVpKTO_pN-QHaYqM7ifCJ55EZ5Au_-dBVZBdHKu-zXD-lqVJW8v0viVnm2WjI1RzH6jQ-dc522dGw6x6O7Mq50K1Kj_nTJmAJwdGmu328Cls

Next up: Snow White. JP, uninterested, but Gia was actually pretty excited about EACH princess. Although, she dressed like Ariel and there was no Ariel today. Sorry, G.

5rNiFZzAPt-1ejpIxgnFDcy_8lhsdf8GmWugXYV7wgSeh_d7ERtbSQFCru40oNlf41uP0X_873LfzohfVtCghBeymkprIdUHJ3X73vCHVmmltOz7ywrxOs9rKt91ClcfddlThX0L

Mom, in her Snow White outfit, with her snow white magic band, posing with SNOW WHITE! Ma, you so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter