BJs Club online warning

Marshmelo

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you joined the BJs club for online access only, it will auto renew even if you call and use their automated phone system to opt out. I had gotten an email a few weeks back that it was going to auto renew on 9/1 so I called to cancel and they had an automated option on their phone system saying to push that option to opt out of automatic renewal. So I keyed in my member number and went through the process getting confirmation that I was opted out. Come 9/1 the charge showed up in our PayPal. After an email and a few phone calls talking to 3 different reps about it, we’re told that they can’t refund us because it is an online membership. There isn’t even an option on their website for us to remove our PayPal information so we asked about that and they had to get back with us. They end up telling us we have to remove it through PayPal. So that is done now. Yes it’s only $10 but it’s the principle of it. Their automated system led me to believe that I was opted out and now they “can’t” refund it >:( So if you have an online membership with them and don’t want it to renew, make sure you remove your payment information and/or call and cancel with someone live, not the automated system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter