• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthdays Onboard

joan

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what if anything DCL will do for kids celebrating birthdays during the cruise? We had my son's 10th birthday onboard and as I recall they didn't even bring him a cake. The Birthday decoratoins they listed in the going away booklet looked pretty sad for 30.00 so I am bringing my own. Does anyone have any information on a business in the Port Canaveral area that does Bon Boyage baskets etc.? I know there must be some but I don't have any info. Please help.

First of all....WELCOME TO DIS BOARD!!!

Yes, Shirley, from The Perfect Gift which is right in Cocoa Beach does lovely baskets of all kinds. I do not have her address or phone # handy but I will find it and post. We have used her a few times and so does a lot of people on these boards. She also has a website.

As far as things going on onboard for birthdays....did DCL or your serving team know it was his birthday? We always let DCL know of our special occasions and have always had a cake brought to our table. One time our servers called over about 15 other servers to sing H.P to my neice who was crusing with us.

Just make sure you to mention it to your servers and I am sure they will bring out a cake. They have a lot going on at each table so it doesn't hurt to remind them the night you want the cake.

I agree that you should bring your own B'Day decorations...their prices for that stuff ordered through DCL is expensive.

MJ

Both of my children were celebrating birthdays while on board. I let my server know about it and opted to celebrate them together. We ended up with 2 cakes (1 would have been plenty). I took a whole one with me and we finished it the next morning at breakfast.

thanks for the tips. I am fairly certain that I had asked our t.a. to note on our reservation that we were celebrating thomas's birthday since i figured they needed advance notice. This time I will make sure our server knows 24 hours in advance and not rely on the t.a. I will see if perfect baskets has a web site. Joan

We have celebrated my twins' birthdays on the cruise for the past 3 years (7th, 8th, and 9th). This year we have a cruise scheduled for their 10th and we have one booked in 2004 for thier 11th. We are making this a family tradition!

They always have brought cakes to the table (yes, two cakes, so each girl got a cake). They have put balloons on the door or in the stateroom also.

Last year the kids all sang to them in the Kids Club, but we were on the 7 day and they had been in the club for 5 days by the time their birthday came around and had TALKED and TALKED about it to the staff, so no one was unaware that they were turning 9 ;) .

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter