birthday's at resorts

jojomg

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone informs the resort of a birthday while at the resort. I have a friend who had her birthday while at the cbr and when they arrived the room was decorated and there were gifts and I was wondering if anyone else experienced this or was it just luck?

We have gone the last 3 years on my birthday and every time the Polynesian has left a cake and decorations. The YC and AKL did nothing.

Steve

Just luck. We've spent quite a few special occasions at WDW, and only one birthday was acknowledged.:D

Our ds turned 1 and we were staying in a GF 2 bdr suite and we got a card and a picture of Mickey. I have to say I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a cake since it was a first birthday and all, but oh well.........we're going again this year for ds's 3rd birthday so we'll see what happens.

As other posters have mentioned, it is not consistent... almost seems like the more important it is, the less it's noticed (that's been my experience, anyway). Also differs by resort, and possibly season.

Best plan is to mention it at every opportunity (making ressies, checkin, to hostess at restaurant, to waitress, etc.) and expect nothing, then anything that happens will be a pleasant surprise.

We've found that our most magical moments were not planned, and happened when the pixie dust blindsided us!

Have a great time!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Here is what they did last year for my birthday.

birthday1.jpg

There are more pictures of things they have done for our honeymoon and anniversary. All with out asking.

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/rooms.html

DD got cake, party hats, confetti, horn blowers and a card for her 9th bday at the Polynesian. I mentioned her birthday when we checked in. They were a day late but that made it even more special because we really weren't expecting it.

If you want to be sure that they will do something you can order balloons, cake, champagne..whatever. But be aware you will have to pay for it.
If it for someone's special occasion though at least you will know for sure that something will be done.
My sister ordered balloons for my room and I also got a signed card from Mickey and Minnie.
My BF's mom sent champagne to our room but it was delivered to the wrong person and we never got it!!

We celebrated two birthdays at the POFQ last month, and they did not to anything there. I had them make a note on the reservation, and I mentioned it at check in. I also mentioned my cousins 6th birthday the night before when I went to the front desk to ask for scotch tape to put a banner that I had made at home together.

We did get a couple of free desserts in restaurants, and a nice cast member in the United Kingdom gave each of the birthday people a lanyard pin one night.

I wouldn't expect anything, that way if you don't get anything, you won't be disappointed. If you do get something, you'll be thrilled.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter