Birthdays at FW?

bobcat

<font color=magenta>I had a horrible case two year
We will be camping August 8-16 and will have two birthday kids with us. (One birthday right before our trip and one two days after we return home) Have you done anything special for birthdays at FW? I am thinking about an Illuminations cruise but it is quite pricey! This would be a suprise for my DD and my friends DS and I am trying to come up with ideas. This will be our third trip in as many years but my friend hasn't been since she was a child and her DS never. Any help on suprises would be great.

This will be our first stay at FW. CS 2000 and ASMo 1999.

During our 99 stay at FW (3 families stayed there, one at WL) one of the kids from the UK had her 6th birthday. 3 of the families dod the Cinderella Breakfast together at the MK (inside the castle), and ended the day at the HoopDeeDoo Review.

We all had a blast, and several of the CM's during the breakfast made a special effort to spend extra time with the birthday girl!

Jon

Hi we just celebrated our DD 5th birthday this past Nov. One thing they will do for you is send balloons and a signed picture of their favorite character. What you need to do is call the front desk and request it. Also call the night before the birthday and the morning of. They like to have an idea when some one would be at the site, if you are in a cabin I don't think it matters. They just don't really like leaving balloons at the camp site. My DD thought it was the best thing!

coolmick.gif

My twin 6 year old boys had their birthday at Disney this past October. We put a sign on the back of our golf cart that said Happy Birthday and their names, and a sign at our site that said Happy Birthday. We had several people yell Happy Birthday to them as we went by in the cart!

Had dinner at Chef Mickey's which was a real blast! The kids loved the napkin twirl thing. At the MK we went to guest services and got a free birthday button for each and they wore it 2 days before and up to 1 day after their actual birthday. They were usually recognized by the CMs and the characters always did something a little special for them. They have many autographs signed by the characters with "Happy Birthday" included. One Goofy over by Mouse Gear at Epcot gave them each a huge lollipop and a special certificate that said Happy Birthday from Goofy.

My only problem now is I will never be able to top their 6th birthday celebration!

Great ideas! I like the idea of a birthday sign at the campsite. We are tent camping so I don't know how we would handle baloons ;) but I thought of asking about the signed picture. I am a little leary about getting the birthday buttons since it is not their actual birthday while we are there, although this is a birthday trip.

Keep the ideas coming!

My birthday was January 4 (20th), and we were staying at FW in a cabin. I got a birthday call from Goofy because one of the cms at the tarding post saw my pin. Don't worry about the pins. We got mine a day early because I wanted to go to Animal Kingdom for my day. We asked the desk at city hall and the cm gave us one. My family and I went to the campfire show, and there people with b-days were invited up onto the the stage as the audience sang "Happy Birthday." We had dinner at Whisphering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge (we didn't have reservations). They sat us in the back room that looked out on the lobby (I was glad, the front room was too noisy for me). There were about ten other tables in the room, so it wasn't too quiet. The waitress was wonderful. Just after my parents and brother had given me their gifts, the waitress came out and announced to the surrounding tables that I had chosen to spend my day with them, and because of that I wanted to lead them in the Hokey Poky (I can never spell it right). After that, she brought out a little tiny chocolate bunt cake with whipped cream and sprinkles. A chorus of "Happy Birthday" followed. I had a wonderful time and it was very special for me. :D Hope this helps you.

That sounds like a great birthday! Thanks for sharing. I am getting many wonderful ideas. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!