Birthday's At Disney

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

We will be down in Disney and we are celebrating my kid's "unbirthday" when we go down there. We won't ever be able to go during their actual birthday since they are during tax time and I'm an accountant.
Besides buttons, and cakes and such, is there anything else I'm missing? They were total rock stars this past tax season and I want to be sure to make their celebration extra special.

Thank you!!

When you are wearing a birthday button---cast members will notice and wish them happy birthday all the time. Sometimes at a TS restaurant a waiter/waitress might notice it and they might get a small birthday treat for dessert or something. There are lots of stories of pixie dust from people celebrating things---you just never know what you might get. Definitely have them wear that button all the time and you might be surprised.

If you wanted to do something else extra special, you could consider doing a dessert party or fireworks cruise.

We went to Disney during Gwen's actual 12th birthday. She got at least 10 birthday cards during meals and we got one very nice one delivered to our room. She made a nice scrapbook with all of them. She did comment that the cupcakes she got at most places was meh but she did love the attention.

My family and I are going to Disney to celebrate our girls' birthdays in a few weeks. My oldest will turn 8 on the trip, and my other daughter turned 4 a few weeks ago. We decided to do a long weekend at Disney this year to celebrate both their birthdays rather than parties. We decided that they each get a day of the trip to celebrate their birthday.

For my oldest (it is her actual birthday),we are having breakfast at Cape May (at our hotel) she is doing Pirates League followed by a Pirates and Pal fireworks cruise that evening. She choose the FPs for that day. She knows about Pirates League (she requested we do that) but she has no idea about the cruise.

We choose another day of the trip to celebrate our little one. She choose the FPs for that day so we are meeting a lot of princesses. She is doing BBB and CRT for lunch, which is what she requested to do for her birthday. We are also doing the Frozen dessert party that night, which is a surprise for her.

There are lots of adds on etc to do if they interest you kid. Dessert parties, character meals, tours, Pirates League, BBB, etc. While we go to Disney every 12-18 mo., we don't usually do the extras (if we do, it is one thing per trip- last time we did the SW dessert party for my DH's birthday) so those additions will make this trip a little more special. We are having a cake delivered to the room for my oldest on her actual birthday. I debated doing two separate cakes, but my little one did have a cake on her actual birthday at home with our family and we are doing a dessert party that night.

Last edited:
Our last trip was in December for my best friends birthday and it was magical. She's a full grown 24 year old and the CMs still treated her like a literal princess. Like some of the previous posters said, be sure to get them their birthday buttons; I feel like it helps keep the excited birthday spirit and you would be surprised at how many other park guests will wish your child a happy birthday (I am personally one of those park guests lol).

We had breakfast at Crystal Palace, and our server made her birthday breakfast extra special by bringing her a little cupcake with a candle as well as a birthday card signed by all the characters. It was a completely unexpected and super sweet surprise, and it's something our entire party was thrilled to experience.

CMs at character greets will usually take notice of a birthday button and make sure the character sees it, as well. There's always something special about meeting your favorite character on your birthday, so that could be something you try to make happen, as well.

I hope you all have loads of fun and that you and your kids enjoy the trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter