Birthday Trip - What to do?

Bambi5826

Mouseketeer
I am beyond ecstatic to think I will be be taking my DD Home for her birthday. We have never celebrated a special occasion there before!! While it is still 18 months away, my excitement is just bubbling. We had talked about it but made the final decision yesterday. She will be turning 9 in WDW :hyper:

What are some suggestions or things that Disney offers that we should take advantage of for spending her special day in the MK??

Last edited:
Does she like princesses? There's bippity boppity boutique. You could also reserve a table at CRT and your family can dine with the princesses. They also have the pirate league if she'd prefer a pirate makeover. What does your daughter like?

Get a birthday button and she will get lots of birthday wishes. At restaurants she MAY get a cupcake or card, but there is no guarantee. You can order a birthday cake at check-in at restaurants and they aren’t very expensive.

Does she like princesses? There's bippity boppity boutique. You could also reserve a table at CRT and your family can dine with the princesses. They also have the pirate league if she'd prefer a pirate makeover. What does your daughter like?

She is into a little of everything really. Princess and pirate alike. She can never pin down a favorite princess or character, and it will often change day to day.

I suppose it depends on your budget then. You can buy her a princess/pirate costume and then do her hair/makeup cheaper on your own and maybe end the night by doing the Firework Dessert Party if you guys like sweets. You can get her a birthday pin and go to a restaurant as others have suggested and get a cake delivered. There is also a pals and pirate firework dessert cruise party they offer at The Contemporary. Not sure what your budget is or whether your family is into dining?

I haven't been in 5 years, and then she was 2 when we went. We just did the basic go to WDW thing, and had breakfast at CP. So much of what you are saying is all new to me. I took a break from the DisBoards right after my last trip. So much new for me to explore.
This Firework Desert Party sounds right up our alley!

I think we may do 1 character dining. We are likely staying at Pop, and will budget for whatever we want really. No solid plans yet. So talking about it 18 months will really give us time to figure stuff out.

Call Disney Dining and have them add a birthday celebration to any TS ressies you get. At Garden Grill, we (my son and my birthdays are close together) got a signed birthday card from the characters and a cupcake with candle. A few other places would have the cupcake or decorate the table with Mickey confetti.

On our last trip my son celebrated his birthday. It was so much fun! Cast members went out their way to wish him a happy birthday. At Garden Grill Mickey brought over a birthday card with all of the characters signatures and he was given a birthday cupcake at a few different restaurants. The only "extra" we planned was the dessert party for the MK fireworks on his actual birthday. I brought candles and we sang to him, but they didn't do anything there.

On our last trip my son celebrated his birthday. It was so much fun! Cast members went out their way to wish him a happy birthday. At Garden Grill Mickey brought over a birthday card with all of the characters signatures and he was given a birthday cupcake at a few different restaurants. The only "extra" we planned was the dessert party for the MK fireworks on his actual birthday. I brought candles and we sang to him, but they didn't do anything there.

Did you enjoy the dessert party? Where did you decide to view the fireworks from? We thought this would be a great thing to do. A lot of people have mentioned it.

Did you enjoy the dessert party? Where did you decide to view the fireworks from? We thought this would be a great thing to do. A lot of people have mentioned it.
We loved it! The desserts weren't anything fantastic, but they were good. We watched from the Plaza Garden. It was a perfect view and so nice with kids- we were walked over when we finished our desserts and had about a half hour before the show. The kids could run around and play until it was time for fireworks. It was well worth the money to avoid staking out a spot way in advance and to not have to worry about fighting crowds of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter