Birthday trip for both DDs! 10/12—10/22 POR

WVU Disney Fan

Mouseketeer
Just back from 10 days at WDW with DW and 2 DDs (7 and 5) celebrating both daughters birthdays ( turned 7 and 5 while we were there). Stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. This is our 3rd Disney trip. Stayed at Art of Animation (mermaid rooms) previous 2 trips in Nov 2014 and Nov 2015.

10/12: Disney Springs
Had an early flight so got to POR around 1030am. Rode the ferry from POR to Disney Springs. Had lunch at T-Rex. Food was pretty good and restaurant is nicely themed. Loved the volcano desert. After lunch did a little shopping and got a few treats at the Candy Cauldron(highly recommend this place, lots of great seasonal treats). Then we received text that room was ready, so took bus back to POR.
Got back to check out the room (staying in one of Royal rooms). The girls loved the princess themed room. After checking out the room and unpacking we hit up the resort pool. Pool is decent, but nothing special. I actually preferred the AOA pools, but it was nice having a hot tub. We swam for a few hours, got quick dinner at food court, then turned in early to try rest up for our first park day.

10/13: Animal Kingom
Got off the bus at Animal Kingdom right about 9am. Headed straight for our first fastpass Kilimanjaro Safaris. We were on the truck and on our way within 5 mins. This was our 3rd time on this attraction and it wasn’t as good as I had remembered. Felt like our driver sped through it so fast we barely had time to see the animals let alone get good pictures.
We had been to Tusker before, but never for breakfast. I thought the food, waitstaff, and characters were all great. I would definitely recommend this for breakfast or lunch. After “brunch” we rode the train to Planet Watch. There we met Doc mcstuffin, Rafiki, and visited the petting zoo area. After that we wondered around the Africa area, got a few magic shots, and then started making our way to Pandora.
We had a fastpass for Na’vi but when we got there the ride was down. A cast member said we could use it anytime since it was down during our window. So we looked around Pandora for a bit and then made our way to Dinosaur cause standby was only 20 mins. First time on this ride and the whole family really enjoyed it. By now it was time for Everest fastpass. Youngest daughter was barely too short, so DW and did rider swap with other DD. Youngest DD met Pocahontas during sisters 2nd Everest ride.
Next hit up Kali River Rapids, did a few more photopass shots, and watched Bugs life in the tree. Then had a tasty dinner at Flame tree bbq. After dinner we we able to use fastpass on Na’vi. Honestly wasn’t impressed by it, but I didn’t care for the movie either. Couldn’t get a fastpass for fop so had to skip it. The early ROL show was completely full, so we had to stay for the late one and I’m glad we did.
The park seemed to clear out and we were able to walk on Dinosaur and Everest twice (youngest DD snuck on this time and she loved it). Then we made our way into theatre for rol. Thought the ROL show was ok, probably my least favorite of the nighttime shows. But it’s definitely worth seeing once. After the show we headed back to resort for some much needed sleep.

To be continued

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!