Birthday Sticker VS Birthday Button

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
When you go to City Hall (or guest relations) to get a birthday sticker, can you "upgrade" to a button? I though I had read that you can get a button for $X instead of or in addition to the birthday sticker. Is this true? and if so how much more is it for the button vs the sticker?

When we went last year, we got the stickers free for the asking. The CM was very nice and helpful, but no mention was made of a "button" option. We had originally gone in to ask which restaurants would sing "Happy B-day" to my sons, and did they need advance notice. The CM offered the stickers ... I didn't know about them b4 that.

I don't know about what they offer at City Hall, but they do sell a Birthday Pin at Disneyland. This is one I picked up last time at a pin selling concession. It sells for $8.50.
bdpinDL.jpg

pin size is approx 1 1/2" X 2 1/4"

-DC :)

Thanks for the reply. The pin is cute, my DD might enjoy that. She started to collect pins on our trip to WDW in December.

I know they give buttons to those staying at a disney hotel, so I know they have them. Maybe I should go to guest services at one of the hotels and inquire :D .

As far as I know the only place to get the button as opposed to the sticker is at the hotels. Last year we stayed the night at Grand Californian for my daughter's birthday (actually the night we stayed was for the CM holiday party and her birthday was the next day, so with the great rates they offered for the party we stayed the night to be there on her birthday) and go the button, balloons, etc. You should have seen how many balloons we got, it was great. She even got an autograph picture. I think that one was Winnie the pooh, and the mickey one we got in the park because she got a bee sting while waiting for a show. Anyway, at Guest relations you get a yellow sticker (both DL and DCA) at the plaza gardens birthday celbration you get a white sticker, and at the Hotel you get a white button. I don't know if you're not a guest if they'll give you a button or not, I've never tried it.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter