• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday Ideas at DLP

dannyrose

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys

Well its one whole month before we (myself, wife and two kids) go to DLP to celebrate my Wife's 40th (sure she wont mind me telling you this!!). I want to arrange some birthday treats but havent the faintest where to start and was hoping that you could all help me by suggesting a few things. We are already planning to eat at Blue Lagoon on the day...but after that Im at a loss.

Thanks

Mark

DLP have recently introduced a telephone reservation system for their restaurants (calling from the UK it will be 0033 1 6045 6045). I have no idea how far in advance you will be able to make a Blue Lagoon reservation, but DLP restaurants currently only seem to book a few days in advance.

For me, a great birthday treat would be just to spend the day at DLP, but as you have the wonderful city of Paris on your doorstep perhaps a day at the museums and galleries would be a nice part of your trip?

Regards

Rob

if you think your wife would like it, you can get a birthday cake - it's about £15 and they bring it to the table and sing happy birthday - if you are at a character meal then the characters will bring it, otherwise, the staff in the restaurant.

At the Cheyenne - all the staff came out banging pots and pans and made a big fuss - my dd loved it (but she was only 4).

Another idea, is the Buffalo Bill Wild west show - this is a superb dinner show - we totally recommend it.

bev

Thanks Rob/Bev for your replies. Ron that phone number is really useful, I will try making a reservation and let you know how I get on. As for Paris, I agree its a great city and we will be going there during the week but I know my wife wants to spend the day 'doing' the parks.

Bev, cake is a great idea, do you know how I would organise that, would I ask at Hotel or restaurant?

Thanks again guys

Mark

Bump!

I booked the cake from our hotel for Planet Hollywood but when we got to Planet Hollywood they knew nothing about it and were not sure if they had a cake.

It was Ok in the end as they did produce the cake at desert time and DS had to stand on a chair while the restaurant sang happy birthday - he was suitably embarrased as he was 15 at the time!

when I booked our holiday I booked a birthday package which was basically a coupon for a cake.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter