Birthday Freebies

My best friend got a TON of birthday wishes whenever people saw her button and she also got the call from Goofy (I seriously wish I had known this would happen and I would have been filming as she picked up the phone!). No other really special treatment that she mentioned though, maybe because we're adults? We also didn't do any sit-down restaurants at any of the parks, just the more quick service options.

As we were walking into the American pavilion at EPCOT, a CM told her she had a message and to dial a certain number on the phone by the wall. When she did so, the message was Goofy singing HB.

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to quote yet!

We went for my 38th this past September. CMs and guests were wishing me a happy birthday left and right lol One I will never forget was on the day of my actual birthday we were on the monorail. A family with a boy about six or seven got in. He saw my button and asked if it was my birthday. I told him it really was. He was excited for me lol his dad suggested that they sing me happy birthday. So that’s how I got sung to by a monorail car full of people. Made his day and mine as well.

I'm celebrating my big five zero this trip! (50)
I can't wait to see what may happen during our trip. I'm not expecting anything, but I'm hoping and will be surprised if something does.

How do you get the phone call from a Goofy!? I’d love to do this for my hubby in February!

we called the operator and asked for a wake up call mentioned that it is our sons birthday and they arranged it. when the wake up call came in the lady asked if the birthday boy was there and when I gave the phone to our son it was goofy.... awesome I filmed it.

In 2016 we were able to go on DD exact birthday. She wore her button almost everyday and got lots of Happy Birthdays from cast members. I think she got a cupcake at every sit down restaurant we went to, along with some Mickey head confetti. She even got a cupcake at breakfast at Chef Mickey's. She was in heaven! I'm sure she got at least one signed card, but I don't remember which restaurant it came from. She also got to be first in line on our horse back riding trek, but that might have just been because she was petrified on that giant horse. The trail guide took good care of her and she ended up loving every second!

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but my daughter was told to go to the Coca Cola store in Epcot by a cast member and go to the counter and tell them it was her birthday. When we did this, she got a free full sized slushie.

My son got a bag of cotton candy and a cupcake

My parents got a card signed by the gang at Chef Mickeys.

One year I got a free ice cream by the American Pavilion. I did get a ton of people wishing me a Happy Birthday.

Were you all there ON your actual birthday, or just close? We are doing to WDW for my daughter's 9th birthday, but will be going a week before and leaving a few days before. Her birthday is April 20 and I did NOT want to have to travel on Easter.

Just wondering if I should bother telling the CMs since we won't be there over her actual birthday.

Were you all there ON your actual birthday, or just close? We are doing to WDW for my daughter's 9th birthday, but will be going a week before and leaving a few days before. Her birthday is April 20 and I did NOT want to have to travel on Easter.

Just wondering if I should bother telling the CMs since we won't be there over her actual birthday.
I've always heard and read multiple places that they allow you to celebrate up to 6 months before or 6 months after ;-)

My birthday isn't until 1/4 but on our December trip I wore my birthday button. During our meal at Via Napoli our server brought out my dessert with a candle and they sang me happy birthday in Italian, during our meal at the Palza we asked for the check and before leaving I received a free scoop of vanilla ice cream with mickey ears and a cone and a cast member at Epcot told us we could get a free Frozen Coke at Club Cool for our birthday and it was great!

I’m more than likely spending my birthday at WDW this year and am so excited. So glad I read the experiences on this thread. Thanks for sharing!

When me and my DH went in 2017 during my birthday week, we had the Deluxe DP. He told every restaurant we went to it was my birthday. I got some free desserts (on top of the dessert on the DDP - so much food, too much food actually), but my favorite thing was the signed Birthday cards I got at a couple of the character breakfasts, especially the one signed by all the Disney princesses. I may be an adult, but those are displayed at home on my Disney bulletin boards.

I also had folks wishing me Happy Birthday everywhere. Our trip this summer is one month shy of my birthday this time but we are looking at a 2021 trip on for my DH's 40th.

Last time I was there was just for very short 2-night stay for MVMCP, which was fantastic! Off the bat, people were wishing me a happy birthday left and right. The first night we got there, we booked Ohana's cause that is our favorite place to eat. They came out with cupcakes for me and my sister, who was also wearing a birthday pin. The night of the party I got a free slushie from Paco Bill's for my birthday, and a free ice cream from a vendor. I literally was just wearing my pin, and not making a big deal about it but they seriously made me feel awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!