Birthday Freebies

Had a great time for my birthday last November - got a card at EVERY Character meal, plus desserts

image.jpeg

I got chocolate cake and happy birthday sung to me at garden grill this April. To be honest we were so full it was a bit too much food but we ate it anyway!

That is so special and fun for your daughter! I'm going to stay at Yacht Club on my birthday this August. Cannot wait!

Honestly, I'm guessing just the magic bands... Or perhaps it was just random and we were lucky. She refused to wear her button a lot of the time, said she didn't want the attention but we all had "celebration" buttons on. Coming out of the presidents show though, it had to have been the magic band because we hadn't talked to anyone. But with those bands, they know your every move. The dinner thing, I have no idea. We just randomly decided to eat there and magic happened.
Fascinating! I think you are right about the magic bands. They are quite creepy & do seem to know your every move. I think that is why Disney is making it harder to not use them. My family tries to avoid them for several reasons, but it is easier to just go with the flow.

We are celebrating my daughter's adoption. IDK whether to make them aware of that or not at our resort. It is definitely a special time for our family and it would be cool if they acknowledged it by saying something nice, but I'm afraid that mentioning it might cause questions/unwanted attention for my daughter. I heard that they have generic "I'm celebrating" buttons. How do you get these?

I am headed there for my 40th and have CRT for Lunch that day. Cinderella is my favorite! Would love to get a BOG reservation for some time during the week. Looking forward to this trip!

We are going for my 59th Birthday and our first time back in 5 years. So much has changed. We sold our DVC and moved to the EU. When we use to go to WDW while living state side we would stay at BCV. They always sent a plate of cookies and milk to during our stay and it seemed like Pixie dust always was falling. I am a bit nervous as we prepare for our stay in a value. I doubt they will do anything and at my age, that is just fine.

DD and I are going to WDW (staying at AKL this trip) 25 Feb 2018 - 3 March 2018 to celebrate both our Birthdays that happen that week (me on 28 Feb and DD on 2 March). Hoping for some pixie dust! BTW, what does "BOG" stand for?

We were in Disney just after my birthday and I had the button. Of course I wasn't wearing it when we went to California Grill, but we had the best table right by the windows, the cloth was sprinkled with confetti and I believe I got a special dessert. :)

On our trip in Feb. '18 we'll be celebrating my hubby's 50th. Our TA has noted it on our reservation (he has no idea), we've told him that he has to wear a button every day, but knowing him he'll be too embarrassed to wear it.

About a month ago I was wearing a birthday button and ordered french fries at Casey's around 11:00 am - it's my ritual before leaving the MK for our mid-day break. My order number was called and I was given my tray. I turned around to get ketchup and the CM came bounding up to me and pulled her hands out from behind her back and asked me which cupcake I wanted for my birthday? The flower or the baseball? She was genuinely smiling so broadly :flower3:

It was such a nice surprise. I heard her tell another CM when she went back behind the counter that "it was my first birthday button of the day!"

I just came back from celebrating my birthday. A handful of cast members wished me a happy Birthday. I have a feeling they are tired of all the special buttons and occasions. A majority of people are wearing them now.

My son turned 5 while we were there our 1st full day was his birthday, we went to the M.K. for it. Had breakfast at C.P. they all sung him happy birthday and gave him a cupcake and card signed by all characters. At check in they gave us a card from mickey with a pic, wishing him happy birthday. we stayed at B.C.V. and we set it up on the kitchen table with some small gifts he thinks mickey came into our room in the middle of the night and left it for him. He was able to drive the car at speedway since he was 5 with mom, then after they let him and i ride again but put a steel sign on the back of his car saying it was his birthday. every one driving passed us wished him happy birthday. After leaving 7 mines someone from disney gave him fast passes to ride it again which we did. Every breakfast he got a card and happy birthday sung to him, got a card at BOG and belle and beast both signed it. got goofy wake up calls saying happy brithday to him.
He wore his happy birthday ears and button everyday. They told him here at disney it is your birthday all week long so he made sure to wear his ears. He got kisses from the princess at CRT for his bday dinner.
All cast members down main street wished him happy birthday as we walked down main street before park open to get to C.P. that was pretty cool. It was awesome and the love the showed him was perfect.

We are celebrating my daughter's adoption. IDK whether to make them aware of that or not at our resort. It is definitely a special time for our family and it would be cool if they acknowledged it by saying something nice, but I'm afraid that mentioning it might cause questions/unwanted attention for my daughter. I heard that they have generic "I'm celebrating" buttons. How do you get these?
I know that buttons are available in the parks at Guest Relations but you should ask at the front desk when you check in.

Congrats! They do have them at the stores along Main Street in the morning, at Guest Services, and also at some of the resorts. We accidentally left our buttons in our room and whipped by the desk at the Contemporary on the way to Chef Mickey's and got new ones :) When you're scanning your family through the turnstiles, ask where to get them, security and CM's can point you in the right direction!

Don't count on anything that being said we went on Gwens's 12th birthday and on the way to the castle a CM saw the birthday button and she got a ride to the castle on the fire truck/engine and at CRT they brought her out a card and each princess stopped by and signed it (she still has it).

It's my sister's birthday the day we check in. I have emailed Disney to ask if a Disney birthday can be already waiting for her at the front desk when we check in. I tried to find the email address for Coronado Springs direct but couldn't so have sent it to the generic email address. What do you think?

On our trip in Feb. '18 we'll be celebrating my hubby's 50th. Our TA has noted it on our reservation (he has no idea), we've told him that he has to wear a button every day, but knowing him he'll be too embarrassed to wear it.

We went for my dad's 70th & once he realized the fun/magic in wearing that birthday button he wouldn't take it off. My mom told him it only works on Disney property!

We just went back this month for his 75th & he was thrilled to wear his button again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!