Birthday dinner for a 10 year old girl

JB Smooth

Earning My Ears
We will be at DL in late May and during our stay my daughter will turn 10. it will be a Tuesday night and grad night, and we wont actually be doing DL that day.

Is there anywhere on site or around DL that would be a fun meal for a 10 year old?

Any of the restaurants in DTD or in the on site hotels can be fun for a birthday dinner. What does your daughter like to eat? If you dine at one of the hotels, you can have a custom Disney cake delivered to your table. (See the custom cake thread on this forum for photos -- they are really cute!) Does she like bowling? Splitsville is a restaurant & bowling alley in DTD. Black Tap Burgers may be open by the time of your visit. Check their website to see their famous milkshakes -- pretty impressive! Goofy's Kitchen in the DLH is a character dinner -- that could be a fun birthday meal (with a custom cake!).

Interesting. She eats what you’d expect a picky 10 year old to eat

Loves pizza burgers and chicken fingers. Lol

Cake sounds awesome but it’s just 4 of us. Do they do personal smaller cakes?

They do have a smaller cake size. You can look at the cake thread to see photos. I think the very last photo is of the smallest size. (We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread) One perk of getting the custom cake is having the leftovers boxed up so that you can have cake back in your hotel room later.
Sounds like your daughter will love the buffet at Goofy's! It's very kid friendly.

Last edited:
We did Goofy’s Kitchen a year ago when my daughter turned 9. Kind of pricey for just so so food, but we had a great time. Very good character interactions! We didn’t do a cake since they have a dessert buffet and knew nobody would want to eat cake after a big buffet. The server brought her a birthday button. I wouldn’t pay for Goofy’s Kitchen very often, but totally worth it on that occasion!

If you want something not-Disney, Medieval Times is a lot of fun if you've never done it. It's a great show and my daughter enjoyed it very much when she was 10. The show is really good and the food is decent.

I did the tea time (only available on the weekend) at Steakhouse 55 at Disneyland Hotel on my Birthday. When I made the reservation they asked if it was a special event and I said it was a my birthday. At the end of my tea/meal they brought out a little chocolate mousse mickey that had a candle and happy birthday on it. So if you decide to eat at a Disneyland hotel check to see if they can do anything special for her.

the mousse cake was small but really rich. You could all probably split it for just a small taste. or Ask for 2 - 1/2 would definitely be more than enough for 1 person. It took me a few days to finish it.

DD wanted Goofys for her Bday and for any other event or trip. It is her favorite. I agree that the food i not amazing but its ok and the atmosphere is really good. I think at many restaurants they will ask if you are celebrating anything and will bring out a cupcake with a candle and sing.

Assuming it's from the same kitchen/pricing as in park cakes its $60USD for a 6"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter