Birth certificate or birth "card"?

ToDisney

Disney and Scrapbooking Addict!!
I never got a birth certificate for my 3 yo. I can get a "birth card" which is a wallet size, short form ceritification. It says on the application that it is accepted for all purposes except to establish relationship of parent to child. It does not include parents' names. Is that acceptable? Or should I get a copy of the original? I tried to call DCL, but they don't open until 9 and I'm on my way out.

TIA!

They're both certified. The difference is I can get the card today... but have to mail away for the copy.

Thank you. I got through to DCL to double check and they said the actual copy since it's for immigration.

Thanks again.

I would also think they would want to establish your parent to child relationship.....or that opens up a whole another issue of getting a notarized letter from parents (if you were bringing another child along).

It defeats the purpose of the convenience of the birth card, if you would have to prove your parent child relationship. Stick with the original BC, even if you have to mail away for it.

MJ

I need to get a birth certificate for my DD (3) also. Where do you get the form to send off?

Actually my dh had one of these birth "cards" issued from the State of Kansas. We used it up through our last cruise (May 2002) but decided to get passports in light of world events. Immigration in St. Thomas had no problem with the birth card. HTH

Make sure you take a copy of the birth certificate with a raised state seal..We get ours in Illinois at the County Clerks office in the local courthouse. We took xerox copies and I thought they were going to send us home. We have cruised 3 prior times and a copy was ok then but they are pretty serious about it now.

Gosh! I'm glad that you posted this question! I have never had an actual copy of my BC. They only issued the cards, which has the raised seal on it. It was fine when we flew to the Bahamas so I thought that it would be OK for the cruise. Guess that is one thing I will need to get when we visit VA this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter