Bippity Boppity Boutique...Tips

What time were you done at?

I scheduled my daughter for 10:30am and we have ADR at 12:05... I was thinking 90 min should be enough!

I have thought about doing the pre-park appointment with lunch at CRT but I was afraid after a few hrs in her outfit and hair in the hot July heat, she would be done with it and be all sweaty for lunch!! Plus my son is doing Pirate's League and for sure that get up won't last long in the heat... any one go in the summer? Looks like most on this thread did Fall time frame... TIA!
We were done by 11:30. We are a BOG reservation at 11:40 and made it pretty easily. The hair will definitely last in the heat (the princess hair anyways), but the outfits are hot. We brought one from home and I still heard complaints that she was hot. This was when it was about 85 and humid.

Personally I think that morning appointments are the most ideal... that way they can stay "made up" for the entire day. Evening appointments seem like such a waste IMO. We booked the most basic package for $64.95 which doesn't include a dress but we are throwing one of her dresses she already owns in a backpack and bringing it. I have heard that the dresses are really expensive and IMO, just the EXPERIENCE of being there is "magical" enough without having to go into the poor house for it.

Are you able to get morning reservations at 180 days? If not, when do you have pretty good odds of getting a morning appointment in the castle 180 + #?

Thanks!

Are you able to get morning reservations at 180 days? If not, when do you have pretty good odds of getting a morning appointment in the castle 180 + #?

Thanks!

I called the afternoon of my 180 because the system was down all morning. I was able to schedule 12pm bbb and then 4pm at crt on the same call.

Just an update to what we did...I called at 180 days and got a prepark opening reservation. My DD chose to dress up as Belle and she was so beautiful!! We would do it again!

Weird question but can they do princess leia hair? My daughter is a star wars fan.

There might be somewhere at DHS where she can get Star Wars hair. When we were there last year there were a lot of little Leia's and Rey's walking around in costume and hair. I've never checked myself but it might be worth searching around!

We prefer PPO appointments so that we don't lose any touring time and so they get to enjoy their hairstyle all day. Another good option is early afternoon to get out of the heat for a bit! We always do the lowest priced package (the coach package maybe?) and bring our own dresses from home. Last time they brought ones I had gotten at the Disney Store, this time I ordered them customs from Etsy.

No advice from me, just an observation. We love seeing the princesses all fancied up but even better is the next day (or the next) when the hair is a little less perfect, the makeup is gone and they're back in their regular clothes. We call it the "Walk of Shame". It's not shameful, of course, and I would 100% get as many days as possible out of the experience, it's just funny to see them the day after. :crazy::love:

1. What time of day is the best time to schedule an appointment? We will have ADR's for CRT or Akersaus for dinner.

3. Is there anything you would have done differently when your daughter experienced BBB?

I'm looking forward to your input!
Thanks!:rainbow:

Frankly, in our experience. the best time is whatever you can get. I called at 180 days out, and because we were doing a split stay and the second part didn't show up initially, she told me there was no availability ANY TIME during our vacation at MK, a few times were available at DTD. However, once she saw that we were staying longer, she found a reservation at the MK. On a previous vacation, DGD #1 had done the DTD location, and this time we wanted the MK for the 2 girls.. If we were to do it again, I'd not be so insistent about buying gowns beforehand. We ended up with an afternoon appointment, and carried the gowns around all morning. Also, checking nearby stores in Fantasyland, the prices weren't that much more than at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter