Bippity Boppity Boutique...Tips

jshoemak

Mouseketeer
My 5-year-old daughter will get to experience the BBB for the first time on our next trip. I need a few tips and advise on how to make this experience as magical as possible. :lovestruc

1. What time of day is the best time to schedule an appointment? We will have ADR's for CRT or Akersaus for dinner.
2. Which package do you suggest?
3. Is there anything you would have done differently when your daughter experienced BBB?

I'm looking forward to your input!
Thanks!:rainbow:

We booked for 11 am this year. Gives us time to get rides in during the morning but still lets them be in costume most of the day. Several CMs go out of their way to say things so its nice to be dressed up as long as possible. If you want lunch ADRs though, you may have to push you BBB to an earlier time. We also planned the majority of our princess meet and greets for that afternoon. Ariel went way out of her way interacting with them when they were done up last year. I'm sure that's not always the case, but we thought we'd give it a try.

I got the girls the plain hair and makeup package and we brought dresses. They did not notice the difference (that other girls were getting dresses) and it saved a lot of money.

My daughter always liked to have hers done around lunchtime so she had the whole day to wear her hair up. I always brought a change of clothes because she would get hot in her princess gown after a while. Then she would change back for a princess adr. She kept her hair up for a few days. We always did the fairytale princess crown package.
As far as what I would do different? I wish I had realized that my youngest wasn't in to having her hair done up. As they started doing it she became very upset and didn't want her hair pulled up so tight and high :(
She was 4 at the time I think? The lady was very nice and took her hair down for her.

We haven't done it yet but I plan on doing it this year for my 5 and 7 year old daughter's and my 5 year old neice. I'm going to make the appointments around 12...when we will be done with morning rides and when the lines start to get long. We will be taking dresses. I do wonder though...my youngest has very curly hair and won't want it so tight...will they just do it a bit looser for comfort sake?

I think it depends on what time of the year you go. For June trips I've learned to schedule late afternoon appts just because it is hot. Both girls seem much happier that way. We usually do the basic package because the oldest is picky with how a dress feels so we bring our own. The only thing we are doing differently this year is letting them pick what hairstyle they want.

We've done it twice for our daughter.

1st time we did the Courtyard package. Daughter did love it, but we got the reservation late at Downtown Disney. DD loved it, but she saw one of the dresses that other girls were picking.

2nd time we did the Castle package in the park about 2 hours before our ADR at CRT. Worked out perfectly. We planned some FP+ to Anna and Elso, and then had lunch at CRT. So a lot of the pictures from the rest of the day included her full outfit.

Only suggestions now that she has got both packages. We would take a dress she owned, and have her change before her hair is done, to save $100. Make the reservation in the morning, and prepare for a large amount of glitter. :)

So I'm thinking the late morning/early afternoon would be the best time to go, which makes sense if you want to beat the heat. My main worry is that DD will get hot and ill in her dress. I'm thinking a cute outfit would not be a bad idea to bring along just in case the dress is bothersome. I haven't even thought about glitter...that stuff gets everywhere!

What about a pre-park ressie for BBB? Is that too early?

So I'm thinking the late morning/early afternoon would be the best time to go, which makes sense if you want to beat the heat. My main worry is that DD will get hot and ill in her dress. I'm thinking a cute outfit would not be a bad idea to bring along just in case the dress is bothersome. I haven't even thought about glitter...that stuff gets everywhere!

What about a pre-park ressie for BBB? Is that too early?

I have 8:05 reservations for my girls. That way, we aren't using up park time the BBB. Also, I figure they can't be backed up yet since it's the beginning of the day!

However, my girls are early risers, so the timing doesn't concern me too much. Even if I have to wake them a bit earlier than normal to get to the appointment, they will be ok with that bc they are so excited.

So, I would think about your little girl and what she would handle best! If she can handle morning...I think it's awesome to get to enjoy the makeover for the full day!

We had a pre park ressie this past September before the crowd arrived and BBB got behind schedule. I bought both of my DD'S (6 and 9) their own sun dresses from home. We had CRT ressies for lunch and scheduled Anna and Elsa, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel ADRS for late afternoon. They received alot of attention even though they were in their own dresses and kept their hairstyles for a couple of days.

I have 8:05 reservations for my girls. That way, we aren't using up park time the BBB. Also, I figure they can't be backed up yet since it's the beginning of the day!

However, my girls are early risers, so the timing doesn't concern me too much. Even if I have to wake them a bit earlier than normal to get to the appointment, they will be ok with that bc they are so excited.

So, I would think about your little girl and what she would handle best! If she can handle morning...I think it's awesome to get to enjoy the makeover for the full day!

My thoughts exactly. I want to be the first one of the day so I can get in and out and be ready for the day!

We had a pre park ressie this past September before the crowd arrived and BBB got behind schedule. I bought both of my DD'S (6 and 9) their own sun dresses from home. We had CRT ressies for lunch and scheduled Anna and Elsa, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel ADRS for late afternoon. They received alot of attention even though they were in their own dresses and kept their hairstyles for a couple of days.

So you had to wait even though you had a prepark ressie?

Earlier the better. We did 8:15 back in December 2014 and it was great. I was planning on a before park opening appt but the park opened every day at 8am that month. But it was still amazing. We were able to get in park around 7:45 took our time walking back just DD and I got some pictures (though we both looked really rough as it was so early haha) Then they took us early to our appt and we were done and out so fast. Fantasyland was still pretty empty even with the park opening at 8 and people there. I suggest def doing a prior to park opening day and even if its a 8am day get as early as you can and you can still get in. Then she has ALL day to be a princess.

I vote for early. Before they get behind. And everyone pays extra special attention to your kid so you want them to wear for as long as possible. I let her pick out a dress there last year, but will probably take her to the Disney store and let her pick one out for $27 ahead of time this year.

I took my daughter for her 5th birthday and she LOVED it. We did a mid morning reservation and did breakfast at Crystal Palace first. I didn't want to get there too late in the day as I've heard they get behind as the day goes on. We brought a few different costumes from home and she changed into one when she got there (the costumes they sell there are $$). I also brought a "regular" outfit for afterwards which ended up coming in handy because she got hot and itchy that afternoon. We did the courtyard package. My Mom and I took her and while we were there the guys in our group did their own thing. There's not a ton of seating in there so the less people you involve, probably the easier depending on how many are in your party. I saw a few disgruntled Dads and brothers hanging around that looked pretty bored :-) I brought my camera and took a ton of my own photos. She loved having her hair all fancy for the whole rest of the day and night. She got a ton of compliments. Just be prepared with a good brand of conditioner for getting all that hairspray & gel out afterwards. She still talks about the BBB all the time and it's been a year and half. Enjoy!

My daughter was 5, we did a pre-park reservation (8:15, I think?) and brought her dress. I'm so glad we got it done first thing, she spent the whole day feeling like a princess. We packed a tank top and shorts - she chose to change out of her dress in the afternoon. It helped to have a stroller to stuff the dress into. :) When we go again this fall I plan to do the pre-park reservation again.

I had a 10:20 reservation and they called our name around 11:05. With the small waiting room, we will be going with pre-park appointment next time. Loved the result, but waiting for it was not fun.

I had a 10:20 reservation and they called our name around 11:05. With the small waiting room, we will be going with pre-park appointment next time. Loved the result, but waiting for it was not fun.

What time were you done at?

I scheduled my daughter for 10:30am and we have ADR at 12:05... I was thinking 90 min should be enough!

I have thought about doing the pre-park appointment with lunch at CRT but I was afraid after a few hrs in her outfit and hair in the hot July heat, she would be done with it and be all sweaty for lunch!! Plus my son is doing Pirate's League and for sure that get up won't last long in the heat... any one go in the summer? Looks like most on this thread did Fall time frame... TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter