• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bippity Boppity Boutique or Pirates League?

blondieboo

Earning My Ears
My daughter who is 4 1/2 years old will be taking a make a wish trip to Disney this fall. She is currently undergoing chemo and has no hair. I'm wondering if BBB or Empress package at the Pirates League would be better? It looks like at BBB a big part of the package is hair styling? Thoughts? Cost isn't a major factor in the decision, I really want her to have the best experience possible!

I would call Disney or the BBB and talk to them. I am sure they've dealt with this before. The Pirates League is less about the hair, sure. But what would your girl like more - being done up as a pirate, or being done up as a princess? They have full wigs at the boutique.

I agree with finding out whether she would prefer to be a princess or pirate -- if she has Cinderella in mind then an empress isn't likely to make her happy. BBB will work with her, either just doing the make-up and nails along with a tiara/headband or adding wig. If you Google you can find some pictures of kids who have done this. I don't know if there is any adjustment in the price, but if cost isn't an issue then book the package you want and be sure to put a notation on her reservation.

Enjoy your vacation!

My girls did both when they were younger but on two different trips. They are entirely different experiences and both are very special. At the age your daughter is, I'm sure that the BBB would be ideal but there is a significant portion about the hair and a lot of time was spent styling. That being said, there is plenty of time spent on picking out the perfect princess outfit and accessories. Makeup was a really big deal. Overall the experience was phenomenal.

The pirates league was great at indoctrinating your child as a pirate with her own pirate name, taking the pirate oath, fun interaction with the stylist, and great makeup/costumes.

Both have their highlights and my kids loved each one. I think they felt more special being dressed as a princess though. When we were watching the afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom, Aladdin actually blew my little Jasmine a kiss and the CMs do go out of their way to address the little ones as "your highness". My little Belle was actually chosen to be a part of the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor.

I'm sure they will have something in mind for your little one. IMHO I would go with the BBB if she is at all into princesses. They will find a way, You might want to keep in mind though that the wigs they have at Disney are not designed for comfort and are actually quite scratchy on the inside which may irritate your daughter's head.

Either way she will enjoy whatever you choose.

We did PL, and the mermaid makeup they do is exceptional. I couldn't stop staring at how beautiful the make up was on all the people who picked mermaid over pirate. The female pirates were cool, too, and had the bandana. But the mermaid package was really special and very heavily focused on the makeup. If she likes Ariel, it would be a great one to wear the costume for.

My daughter did BBB when she was about 5 and it was overwhelming for her and and just too much. it's super busy and very loud because they do more princesses at one time. I actually think she would have liked it more had they not done her hair but of course that's a big part of the "princess" look.

On our recent trip in Aug last year she did PL and enjoyed it MUCH better. She got the mermaid and the outfit the make up is awesome seriously very cool and the experience was calmer they paint nails and the special photo shoot part is fun.

I would show her the options and ask her what she would want to do.

I would ask her. It seems that there is much more in the way of what they can do with makeup at PL. There she could be a pirate or a mermaid, both of which involve a lot of face paint. At BBB, it seemed more focused on the hair, with the makeup and nails as add-ons. My kids did both PL and BBB last year and they all much preferred PL.

Thanks everyone! I tried asking her and she says she doesn't know lol. I'm going to try to find some tube videos and see if that will help. It could be me projecting onto her but I don't want her to self conscious of having no hair if the other princesses do,

In a week we head to Disney and my make a wish daughter is going to BBB. She will be turning 4 while we are there and she has very little hair as it is just starting to come back in after her chemo treatments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter