Bippity Boppity Boutique Changes

So we decided to tell our DD about the trip. And I have a pamphlet of BBB and her comment was....'these all look horrible!' So there it is. Lol! So I am wondering can they do just makeup and nails and sparkles?

So we decided to tell our DD about the trip. And I have a pamphlet of BBB and her comment was....'these all look horrible!' So there it is. Lol! So I am wondering can they do just makeup and nails and sparkles?
I don't think they'll change the price any if they do.
You can get the pixie dust for free just for asking over at Castle Couture.
Maybe plan to bring some polish and use some of your light makeup on her that morning and get a dose of Pixie Dust when you get to the park?

I was thinking that too. I dont know if I had the most recent styles with the pamphlet I have but there is this one Diva style that looks like its from Jersey Shore. Not trying to offend anyone from there but its not a little girl style imho.

The Color Star is really pretty. Most of the older girls seem to like that one a lot.
The classic Princess bun is the one hurt the most by the product changes as it just doesn't have the durability it once had. And kids hair is just too fine to stay any length of time in that hairstyle without product.
The Diva well, yeah, it's different. DGD did pick it once. I can see the reference to the Shore. Or comparison to classic pageant hair LOL

I called bbb to see our options. We can do just makeup and nails...but the package price is still the same. DD is going to be 10 and wasnt thrilled with any of them so I am thinking I am gonna take her to get her nails done just before the trip and I will do her makeup and maybe go i and get fairy-dusted.

Do we need an appointment for fairy dusting? If not, how do we go about that?

I called bbb to see our options. We can do just makeup and nails...but the package price is still the same. DD is going to be 10 and wasnt thrilled with any of them so I am thinking I am gonna take her to get her nails done just before the trip and I will do her makeup and maybe go i and get fairy-dusted.

Nope, you just stop in at the Castle Couture gift shop and ask.

Nope, you just stop in at the Castle Couture gift shop and ask.
Yep, and don't forget to get some for yourself too, if you want. It's for all ages ;)

I have seen some that are way too tight, but in my experience that has always been by choice. Every time I have taken my daughter, her FG has asked multiple times is her hair is too tight, if she wanted it loosened, etc. I have heard some people ask for the style to be looser, and some request it as tight as possible. I personally feel like the use of product should be a personal choice rather than all or none.

I totally agree with this. We were there in July and my youngest passed on the bun hairstyle because of the donut (we can do that at home). We could have also done the hairstyle she did get done (1/2 up 1/2 down with donut used) at home, but she liked it until it started coming out (no gel or spray). However, I reused the colored hairpiece she received with her style through the rest of the week and people were commenting how pretty she looked and they hadn't seen anyone else with that style! My husband said it looked better than when she actually went to BBB this time. I hope it improves and does as you say - let the parent choose to use products or not, and just have the child tell you if it's too tight!

Last edited:

There is also a mermaid makeover next to Pirates of the Caribbean. My oldest is now 10, and is over the princess makeover, so she loved that. It is half the price and is more directed towards the makeup and nails.

There is also a mermaid makeover next to Pirates of the Caribbean. My oldest is now 10, and is over the princess makeover, so she loved that. It is half the price and is more directed towards the makeup and nails.
Thank you! I forgot all about that. Do we need an appointment?

I guess those of us that were holding out hope for the product to be brought back as an option are out of luck. We have decided to do Ivy Trellis like someone had suggested earlier in this thread.

I know most of you are talking about the resort's but we just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy. My DD turned 6 and went to the BBB for her birthday. She has long straight hair, they did use the round bun maker on her hair, no hair spray but they did use a hair net thing over the bun part and bobby pins. That was at 4:45pm since dinner was at 5:45pm. It stayed up all night and the next day while we went swimming on Castaway Cay with just a few whisps coming down. It may depend on your stylist and child's hair as to how well it stays up. My DD LOVED her BBB experience!

My 3 year old and my 10 year old went to BBB last week. I was so worried about the changes of no products being used. My youngest did a bun and they did use a good amount of gel. And it stayed all day long and probably could have been worn the next day. It was perfect all day even through 3 hours of rain! My oldest had a braided style and it looked good all day too but hers had very little product. We we're very happy! Very thankful! And yes the hair net was used to on bun

Do what? A bun like a ballerina wears is street-walker chic? Ok.

Pretty sure they are talking about the one do with the teased up boufant in the back with the colors and sparkles. It really is hideous and not at all princessy like the buns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter