Bippity Boppity Boutique Changes

The quality was definitely down from years past when we were there last week. They did not use any product at all. The process was much faster than in past years as well. I feel they went with fast quicker options to get the kids in and out so they can have more customers. We has a 2pm appointment and they were on time, where in years past, they were always running late, so this was the only positive. We were in the dressing room at 2:02 and were done at 2:28. All of our pictures at the studio were done by 2:37. My husband who went elsewhere with my son, could not believe how quick we got finished. We had an 8am appointment in past years and were just getting to the studio around 9. It was really disappointing to have the hair style last for a day. The hairstyle lasted for several days in past years. My child would take a bath without washing her hair. The thing I found strange is that they gave us shampoo this time, but yet didn't use any product.

If anyone would like an alternative to the BBB, DD7 absolutely loved her makeover at the Grand Floridian in October. They did a very pretty hairstyle with a french braid and then a curly bun. It was much better than any of her BBB experiences (although she enjoyed those too).

If anyone would like an alternative to the BBB, DD7 absolutely loved her makeover at the Grand Floridian in October. They did a very pretty hairstyle with a french braid and then a curly bun. It was much better than any of her BBB experiences (although she enjoyed those too).
We are staying at the grand and thought about canceling BBB and going there instead. Do hey do make up as well?

It's too bad there isn't an option, like others have said, it's a common practice during our trips and if my thunder/space/splash mountain lovin girls have their hair a mess within a few rides, I will question the quality/value for what I pay for. In response to those criticizing BBB, I have nothing negative to say about these makeovers nor the the cute kiddos that do not do BBB. They all look very happy and precious. :sad2:

Did they have a good selection of hairstyles to choose from. I am considering giving them a try next time instead of BBB.

I wish they would open the Anna and Elsa boutique like DL has, at DW. I love the styles they offer there. DD has no interest in the BBB hair options. I did consider the GF option, but I don't think she wants it badly enough to go there.

My DD has aged out of BBB, but I know I would have been very disappointed if the hair fell out that fast. One of the things that made it nice for me was that doing BBB on our first day got her hair up and out of the way for at least a few days. She could swim in it and sleep in it, even. I did notice the more "donut" style when we were at Disney a couple weeks ago and wondered about it. I hope they decide to make the choice optional for parents.

Did they have a good selection of hairstyles to choose from. I am considering giving them a try next time instead of BBB.

I'm sorry I wasn't on the trip (it was a grandma/granddaughter thing but my DD says she "thinks" they just asked her what she wanted done and they did it. It was really pretty.

Maybe it's for the employees that work there. Sure, 30 minutes of exposure to aerosol hair spray isn't a big deal for the average customer, but maybe 8-10hrs for each shift adds up. They can't have them wear masks like at the nail salon.

I don't know...my DD has a really sensitive head, so she wouldn't ever sit for something like that. But if she really wanted to go, I would just buy a .99 travel size hair spray and pack a couple extra bobby pins to do touch ups.

I'm sooooo glad I read this thread. Canceling our August appointment... the best thing about BBB was that the hairstyle, particularly the bun style, would last overnight. My daughter slept in hers the prior two times. It was great because we really got bang for our buck, and she loved having princess hair two days in a row.

There is no way on earth the hair will last longer than an hour in Florida humidity with no product. People are so stupid.... the gel washes out with water. It's not aqua hold. And the hairspray chemicals? It won't hurt your precious snowflake to use hairspray once for twenty seconds. People need to get a grip. Or maybe this is just an excuse given by Disney to cheap out and cut corners.

Either way, we won't be back if this is still in effect in August, and I'll be letting guest services know via email our reasoning for cancelling.

We were at BBB at the castle in April. It is true, they no longer used the hair spray/gel. My daughters' hair lasted the day, just like two years ago. Generally, it seemed to be a more pleasant and kid friendly experience. They did not use a bun donut.

Same here.
However, I carried in my own mini-can (1.5oz) of hair spray, and sprayed it myself LOL. No way I was paying those prices for only 1 day and chance it falling out within a few hours.

**I sprayed in the bathroom, not in BBB

Most of the buns that come out of BBB don't look like a ballerina's at all. They use more glossy hair spray than a pack of mall-girls in 1986. If the BBB is making a change away from that look, then I applaud them.

That's the glitter hairspray. You don't have to have the sparkles... we had two very nice buns done that looked exactly like ballerina buns, and I'm a former ballerina. I can also tell you we ballerinas use a lot of product to keep our hair perfectly in place. Without hairspray and gel, the new BBB buns will look a hot mess. Think bed head. Ouch.

Bun equals street walker? What an odd thing to say. My daughter has done BBB twice both with lots of product and I had no intention of having her sleep or swim with glitter hair. I style her hair daily so having one day in a floofy dress with a tiara, bun, and makeup was plenty for us.

We just called and they said they do still use products. (I know the phone people are not in the boutique so I am not convinced)

We are wondering if they got so may complaints that hey went back to products.

Can anyone confirm what has been used in the last week?

I was wondering about this also. We have reservations in October, and we were wondering if we need to bring our own hairspray.

We just called and they said they do still use products. (I know the phone people are not in the boutique so I am not convinced)

We are wondering if they got so may complaints that hey went back to products.

They use hairspray or a spray gel. I'm not sure what it was but it didn't hold. The buns are mostly bobby pins and the hairnet holding it together.
ETA: whatever they sprayed in my DD hair they sprayed only once at the end. So there was very, very little product used. They also gave me shampoo to wash out the spray. Pretty sure the spray washed out on SM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!