Bippity Boppity Boutique Changes

LovingDisney2012

All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!
I have heard that BBB is no longer using styling gel and hairspray in any of their styles resulting in hairstyles coming loose or falling out in a few hours. I have also heard that the princess bun is now being done using one of the bun donuts. Has anyone been recently that can confirm or deny this info.? My daughter loves BBB, but if the style will not hold up for rides, and FL heat, we might pass this time.

We were at BBB at the castle in April. It is true, they no longer used the hair spray/gel. My daughters' hair lasted the day, just like two years ago. Generally, it seemed to be a more pleasant and kid friendly experience. They did not use a bun donut.

I'll admit I'm ignorant on such things as DD is only 1 and DW and I don't use products. But why did they stop using spray/gel? I know when DW gets an updo they use a bottle of a spray on it.

I'll admit I'm ignorant on such things as DD is only 1 and DW and I don't use products. But why did they stop using spray/gel? I know when DW gets an updo they use a bottle of a spray on it.
I am going solely by rumor here. I heard that there were many complaints about the tight hairstyles, use of too much gel, and not wanting hairspray used on/around kids due to chemicals.

I heard that there were many complaints about the tight hairstyles,

I have nothing substantial to offer to the conversation but, as a casual observer from people watching, I have seen a lot of girls fed up with the hairstyles (and any outfit) and ready to be "done with it" come the afternoon. Admittedly, some of that hair looked so tight it was like an 6yo with a facelift.

I have nothing substantial to offer to the conversation but, as a casual observer from people watching, I have seen a lot of girls fed up with the hairstyles (and any outfit) and ready to be "done with it" come the afternoon. Admittedly, some of that hair looked so tight it was like an 6yo with a facelift.
I have seen some that are way too tight, but in my experience that has always been by choice. Every time I have taken my daughter, her FG has asked multiple times is her hair is too tight, if she wanted it loosened, etc. I have heard some people ask for the style to be looser, and some request it as tight as possible. I personally feel like the use of product should be a personal choice rather than all or none.

We did it twice a few weeks ago. The bun hairstyle (donut and hair piece) did not last more than a few hours. My daughter also had a half up/half down style that lasted longer but it wouldn't have lasted overnight. I'm not sure if they used any hairspray.

The entire thing only took about 15 minutes this trip.

We did it twice a few weeks ago. The bun hairstyle (donut and hair piece) did not last more than a few hours. My daughter also had a half up/half down style that lasted longer but it wouldn't have lasted overnight. I'm not sure if they used any hairspray.

Wow, it sounds like they are really trying to increase profit by rushing people through to get more appointments per day. The time and attention is what makes BBB special.

Wow, it sounds like they are really trying to increase profit by rushing people through to get more appointments per day. The time and attention is what makes BBB special.

Yes, I felt really rushed during our walk-up visit there. We didn't buy a dress that time, so maybe that is why it seemed so quick to me.

I guess an upside of the faster turnaround is that we were able to get in as a walk-up, though I expect that'll change as they book more appointments closer together.

Just to add to the conversation, we were not rushed at all when we were there over spring break. It lasted about 45 minutes and the photographer took a lot of pictures. The experience was very pampering/high quality. We never buy the dresses. I think it just depends on your stylist.

This is disappointing to me. The reason I do not mind paying the high cost is because the style lasted 2-3 days even in the heat and swimming. My daughters style looked tight but did not bother her at all. Guess I will bring my own gel and spray this time.

So I'm curious - what are they doing for the boys then, since it is pretty much impossiblw to do anything with their hair without gel or spray

I can see their point but why not make it optional - just ask the child/parent? My guess. The reason has more to do with $$$ and the other is just a convenient excuse.
I would love to know what the option for boys is now too.

My daughter got her hair done there this past May. We had to go back twice to get her hair redone. The cast members there were very accommodating to help gett her hair back into place but takes away the experience and the "Magic" of getting ones hair and makeup done when you have to go back to get it redone twice.
A cast member told me they had made the change some point in April, would have been nice if they had sent out an email, let you know of the changes when you checked in. At no point was I aware of said changes until after I had already paid and they were about half way through my daughter's her hair being done. A trip to BBB has become an annual thing for my daughter and something she looks forward too and even she was upset with the outcome. After speaking with guest relations they were more than happy to give me my money back and I made a simple suggestion; Give the parent an option to either have the hairstyle of the past with getting it done with gel and hairspray or give them the "chemical" free option which is what they are currently doing.
This leaves the outcome in the parents hand, they should know if it's gonna be an issue for the child whether it be from a comfort point of view or allergies.
If they don't do something about this and go back to how it use to be needless to say we will not be going back there next year when we go in May

We were there last month & neither of my girls had hairspray used on them. I assumed it was because they chose the braided hairstyle and didn't realize they had done away with spray all together.

The little girl next to my girls had the bun hairstyle and they were using the donut.

My daughter got her hair done there this past May. We had to go back twice to get her hair redone. The cast members there were very accommodating to help gett her hair back into place but takes away the experience and the "Magic" of getting ones hair and makeup done when you have to go back to get it redone twice.
A cast member told me they had made the change some point in April, would have been nice if they had sent out an email, let you know of the changes when you checked in. At no point was I aware of said changes until after I had already paid and they were about half way through my daughter's her hair being done. A trip to BBB has become an annual thing for my daughter and something she looks forward too and even she was upset with the outcome. After speaking with guest relations they were more than happy to give me my money back and I made a simple suggestion; Give the parent an option to either have the hairstyle of the past with getting it done with gel and hairspray or give them the "chemical" free option which is what they are currently doing.
This leaves the outcome in the parents hand, they should know if it's gonna be an issue for the child whether it be from a comfort point of view or allergies.
If they don't do something about this and go back to how it use to be needless to say we will not be going back there next year when we go in May
My daughter's hair is very fine, and will not stay up without product. She looks forward to BBB every year too, but we will have to skip next time if product is not an option.

My daughter's hair is very fine, and will not stay up without product. She looks forward to BBB every year too, but we will have to skip next time if product is not an option.
I really hope they hear the outcry over this and from what the cast member at Guest Relations told me, the reception hasn't been very positive and are looking at a way to keep both parties happy (those who like the original BBB hairdo with product and those with allergies and sensitivity issues to the products) like I suggested to both Guest Relations and Guest Experience Services; give the parents the option as to which route to do, given the amount of money you pay you want the hair to last more than 30 minutes to an hour before it starts to come loose or falls out.
If they don't change it, they have lost a regular customer there

I really hope they hear the outcry over this and from what the cast member at Guest Relations told me, the reception hasn't been very positive and are looking at a way to keep both parties happy (those who like the original BBB hairdo with product and those with allergies and sensitivity issues to the products) like I suggested to both Guest Relations and Guest Experience Services; give the parents the option as to which route to do, given the amount of money you pay you want the hair to last more than 30 minutes to an hour before it starts to come loose or falls out.
If they don't change it, they have lost a regular customer there
I'm glad to hear that they are acknowledging that there is an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter