Biltmore Estate with 17 yo autist

Napria

It really *is* the Happiest Place!
We are going to see the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC over Thanksgiving break. I just read in my son's DK United States book that crowds are usually huge there. My son is 17 years old, but autistic and functions cognitively like an 8 year old.

Can anyone who's been there tell me how bad the holiday crowds are and what to expect? I also read they do not allow pictures to be taken inside. My son loves his iPod Touch and may try to take a picture. Having the iPod with him is a comfort, and more likely he'll be watching a video like Spongebob or Word Girl if the crowds are overwhelming. But I'm concerned about their sensitivity to people on the autistic spectrum. Especially since he's not a little boy.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't been in years because of all the reports on the crowds up there. I found this site which seems very helpful - it does say Thanksgiving Day is not bad at all but Friday and Saturday are if that works into your schedule. It's beautiful at the holidays so it is the most crowded time of year.

http://www.romanticasheville.com/thanksgiving.htm

Thanks HopperFan. That link was very useful. We're going to try to go on Thanksgiving day and get Annual Passes. With the discount, it's worth it!

Thanks HopperFan. That link was very useful. We're going to try to go on Thanksgiving day and get Annual Passes. With the discount, it's worth it!

Welcome, hope you have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!