Biking from the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness to sight see

We own horses too but I've never ridden at the Fort. Just something fun and different to do at WDW.
My husband would be like, "really"? You want to ride a horse you can ride Sugar at home. Doesn't mean I couldn't stop in and maybe give them a petting and such. I have changed it to going on our departure day instead of arrival day. Thinking of doing Hollywood Studios that night and want to rest up during the day at POR.

Are you permitted to take the golf cart to WL? I thought it couldn't leave the Ft W property.

I’m trying to understand: you are dreading FW because DH camps out almost every weekend during the summer? And with a farm?

That doesn’t sound like a FW problem. Or a compromise.

My husband would be like, "really"? You want to ride a horse you can ride Sugar at home.

Right back at him - you want to visit the campground, you can visit our camper at home.

Can you do cane pole fishing or fish of a dock at FW or would it have to be by boat? DH & I want to go over & check the resort out, just rent bikes, see the horses, etc... Thanks!

I’m trying to understand: you are dreading FW because DH camps out almost every weekend during the summer? And with a farm?

That doesn’t sound like a FW problem. Or a compromise.

Right back at him - you want to visit the campground, you can visit our camper at home.
Ya, and he drags me to the campground every other weekend, almost anyways. Not just the actual summer, but when the weather warms up, almost half the year. God I hate it. He will raise mortal hell if I am not there a couple weekends a month, so ya, anything that has to do with camping, stuff like that I detest. But good point on being right back at him, true.

Can you do cane pole fishing or fish of a dock at FW or would it have to be by boat? DH & I want to go over & check the resort out, just rent bikes, see the horses, etc... Thanks!
You can rent fishing rods and buy bait at the Bike Barn near the pool. You can fish right there.

What about splitting up for a few hours?

If you are really not interested in checking out the campground then let him choose an afternoon and head over by bus or boat so he can see what camping at Disney looks like.

DH would often take a day to golf (I don't golf) he was usually done by 2/3ish so we still had most of the day as a family. Other times he would take one or both of our daughters to mini golf and I would get an afternoon to read and relax by the pool.

I wouldn't camp at Disney either....Give me a nice room any day over a tent. Now, the cabins I may do....but probably not.
After spending time in the military....I want nothing to do with a tent..lol
However, WL is a great resort. And i will say, not all military training was in a tent.... Even during the Iraq war...we stayed in King Fahd's Luxury hotels in Saudi....and in Iraq..we "acquired" them lol.
so no, While on vacation...Im staying in a nice room thank you.
I saw nothing wrong with the OP post.

You might be pleasantly surprised by Fort Wilderness. My husband goes to Disney World for me because I like it and because of Fort Wilderness Campground he has actually come to suggesting we go once a year to stay there (he doesn't care for rides or crowds). We do most things together but have some different interests that we do for our own enjoyment. Sometimes a few hours spent doing something your significant other enjoys is well worth the time and effort. Hope it all works out for you!

I wouldn't camp at Disney either....Give me a nice room any day over a tent. Now, the cabins I may do....but probably not.
After spending time in the military....I want nothing to do with a tent..lol
However, WL is a great resort. And i will say, not all military training was in a tent.... Even during the Iraq war...we stayed in King Fahd's Luxury hotels in Saudi....and in Iraq..we "acquired" them lol.
so no, While on vacation...Im staying in a nice room thank you.
I saw nothing wrong with the OP post.
Thank you. There is nothing wrong with it. Everyone is different, different people like different things, and yes some are so easily offended it is absurd. Nothing wrong at all with the love of camping and Fort Wilderness, but it is just not for me and is not for a whole lot of other people, but then there are plenty of others that is it great for. I don't get offended at people that don't love to go to Disney for vacation, nor do I get offended at people who don't care for the other things in life I like.

Thank you. There is nothing wrong with it. Everyone is different, different people like different things, and yes some are so easily offended it is absurd. Nothing wrong at all with the love of camping and Fort Wilderness, but it is just not for me and is not for a whole lot of other people, but then there are plenty of others that is it great for. I don't get offended at people that don't love to go to Disney for vacation, nor do I get offended at people who don't care for the other things in life I like.
It’s ridiculous the things people get offended about. So much so. I don’t even care anymore. I give my opinion and that’s that. You did nothing wrong. Different strokes for different folks.[/QUOTE]

You can rent fishing rods and buy bait at the Bike Barn near the pool. You can fish right there.

Thank you!! I think we'll enjoy poking around FW for a few hours one morning. We're trying to do things this trip that we've never done before, like scoping out FW & taking a carriage ride at POR one evening. Just some "new to us" stuff.

And you know what, I might even enjoy it more than what I am thinking. I will keep an open mind about it, and i do love to give love and pettings to all animals even if I have them at home already. I watched a video on You Tube today on the barns and those horses just sticking out their heads for love. Who couldn't love to give those horses, or any of the animals at Disney love? I thought boy they would like an apple, or a piece of fruit, but I know not to do that.

We have goats and donkeys and such and I always love the affection section at the AK too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter