Biking at Vero Beach?

AtlantaDisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We are driving down to Vero Beach for our first visit in September and will be bringing our bikes with us.

Can anyone tell us about biking at/near the resort? How long are the trails? Are they separate from major roads?

We have a seven year old and a two year old (who rides with me), so we don't want to have to bike on busy roads. We like designated bike trails that are separated from the roads. Can we easily get to trails from the resort? I have heard that there is a great trail at Pelican Island, but can we bike there from the resort, or would we have to drive to Pelican Island?

We loved how Disney's HH had bike racks all over the resort and how you could bike to the beach (though some of the roads were a little scary with all of the traffic and a seven-year old).

What is biking like at Vero?

Disney does have bike racks (at least I know they have a rack in the garage under the inn), I am not sure about racks at the outer buildings. The Jungle Trail that goes to Pelican Island is easy to get to from Disney, and they will have a map for you. In addition, there is a paved sidewalk/bike path that runs all along A1A all the way into Vero itself. It is alongside the road, but separated from it by a median. I think it goes north from the resort too, but I have never ventured that way, so I am not sure.

Disney does have bike racks (at least I know they have a rack in the garage under the inn), I am not sure about racks at the outer buildings. The Jungle Trail that goes to Pelican Island is easy to get to from Disney, and they will have a map for you. In addition, there is a paved sidewalk/bike path that runs all along A1A all the way into Vero itself. It is alongside the road, but separated from it by a median. I think it goes north from the resort too, but I have never ventured that way, so I am not sure.

Thanks! Sounds like biking will work well for us there.

Anyone know about bike racks at the villa buildings? We will have a two bedroom villa. What about biking around the resort? Would that be fun, or is it too small?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter