bike riding after dark

Lory

Mouseketeer
Was wondering how much light does Fort Wilderness Campground have after dark. I mean if we get back from the parks around 7:00pm and would like to take a bike ride (this will be in Dec, when it is dark by then) would we be able to, or is it way too dark. Is there alot of light like by the playground, pools, or even the loops??
Thanks for any info

you should have no problem.and there are some ,
areas that are not well lite.
we allwats ride when its dark.

I don't consider FW well lit at night. There are streetlights, but with the trees visibility is not good. Safety is of prime importance to me, and we ride bikes alot at FW, to include night. Keep in mind that there are busses running and golf carts. They need to be able to see YOU! Do yourself a favor and invest in a good quality bike light, front and back. We have a halogen headlight and flashing taillight on all of our bikes. They are not that expensive and worth it from a safety perspective. If you do this, bike riding at FW after dark should be a safe experience.

:D

The lights around the camping loops are low to the ground and fewer between. The lights along the street and by the pools and shops are fine. Get a good light front and back and enjoy cause it is a wonderful time to ride!!

we each have headlights for our bikes (only 10 bucks or less at Wal-Mart). They are very helpful on the loops where it is not so brightly lit. They also are great for spying night lurking critters on your evening bike ride.

- lori

We always ride at night, but we each have headlights and the flashing red tail lights from Walmart. Also for the the kids we have tire flies on the spokes of their tires, they flash so they are seen from the side view, and they love them. We also got them at Wal-mart and they come in several colors. Biggest problem we have with night riding is almost running into walkers, it is not well lighted in some areas.

pop up family brings up a good point. If you go out walking (after midnight - sorry, couldn't resist the Patsy Cline influence) please wear light colored clothing or bring a flash light.
I too almost checked a person walking around the interior of a dimmly lit loop. (before the purchase of our headlights)

- lori

I agree, when walking or bike riding after dark light clothing and lights are a must. While the main roads are fairly well lit, the loops are downright dark. Think safety!!!

And remember, too, that with all the golfcarts having windshields now those drivers probably can't see you very well. I hate those golfcart windshields!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter