Bike Rentals at the Fort?

livbeatles

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW in December, and I'd like to rent a bike to explore Fort Wilderness during one of our non-park days (we'll be staying at Shades of Green). However, the WDW website (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/recreation/bike-rentals/) says that bike rentals at FW and WL are currently suspended due to construction. Does anyone know if this is long term? I knew the walking path between WL and FW has been closed for awhile, but didn't know if the bike rentals was a new closure.

Bikes are still being rented at FW its the Lodge that is not renting them at this time. Just remember bikes at the Fort are rented on a day by day rental as they do not have lights on them they have to be returned every day to the bike barn by the 5pm closing time

Bikes are still being rented at FW its the Lodge that is not renting them at this time. Just remember bikes at the Fort are rented on a day by day rental as they do not have lights on them they have to be returned every day to the bike barn by the 5pm closing time

Thank you! I was thrown as the WDW sit included Fort Wilderness in their description of the rental closure (I wasn't surprised that WL rentals would be closed). We would be doing just a daytime rental, as it's only my brother and I wanting to ride around the resort to check out the nooks and crannies :)

Thank you! I was thrown as the WDW sit included Fort Wilderness in their description of the rental closure (I wasn't surprised that WL rentals would be closed). We would be doing just a daytime rental, as it's only my brother and I wanting to ride around the resort to check out the nooks and crannies :)

This is exactly what DH and I did many moons ago...and now we've stayed at the Fort a handful of times and just made a reservation to return. You might just get bitten by the Fort bug too, enjoy!

This is exactly what DH and I did many moons ago...and now we've stayed at the Fort a handful of times and just made a reservation to return. You might just get bitten by the Fort bug too, enjoy!

I would LOVE to stay at the Fort, but as long as Dad is footing the bill, it's going to be hard to persuade him away from Shades of Green ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter