Biggest Loser--Fall 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!!

The person above me is BUFFY!

First of all.... she obviously has GREAT dedication to the DIS with all of those posts! Plus she keeps us "Dis-Legal" when she puts on her mod-hat!!

She is a great busy Mom who keeps her kids moving and motivated and organized with all of their activities!

She is warm and smiling and bubbly in person and runs a GREAT race when she puts her mind to it! I'm proud to call her "FRIEND"!!:hug: .....................P

:woohoo: I got Pamela!

She is my hero in so many ways -- she's smart, she's a great mom, she has worked hard for her success and she plans her meals months at a time!!! ::yes::

Pamela always has a kind word for everyone in her thoughtful and encouraging posts. She is a fantastic DISer, and we are so lucky to have her on the BL Thread!

Maria :upsidedow

I have Pamela.

Pamela is truly an inspiration to me. She met her goal and has made a healthy lifestyle a way of life. :cool2: She is a wonderful friend, wife and mother taking great care of her family. And she is very creative. I hope one day I will get to meet her in real life. :flower3:

Oops, both Maria and I did Pamela.

But I am happy to talk about my wonderful friend, Maria, who I had the pleasure of meeting at the Princess in February. princess: Maria is a running inspiration and has the true WISH spirit. She is funny, a great friend and has a way with words that I truly admire.

Please skip to the next person as Lisa already said such nice things about me. :lovestruc

Great minds, Lisah!

How you can be posting in ID at the same time I'm posting in MA...you are up way too early, my friend! :flower3:

Great minds, Lisah!

How you can be posting in ID at the same time I'm posting in MA...you are up way too early, my friend! :flower3:

:lmao: It's prime Dis time. I am an early bird for sure. Today was just a bit earlier than usual. Tis that time of year. :santa:

lisa is an amazing friend. thoughtful, courageous, determined and just all around awesome. she has been a real inspiration to me ever since i had the wonderful pleasure of meeting her back in february. i can't say enough nice things about her. she is helpful and always there for a kind and encouraging word for everyone!

thanks lisa for being such a great friend. xoxo.

i have been missing alot on this thread so feel free to skip me for the QOTD today since many people probably don't even know me that well...that's how MIA i've been on here. :scared1: you'll get to know me next year though!!!

have a wonderful day everyone!

Nancy-How can we skip you? You are an wonderful, supportive dis-friend who can find the time in your busy life to give us here support and crack us up with your amazingly witty sense of humor. You are an inspiration to me, training for the princess last year with little Thomas in the stroller, and now with little Matthew you are planning a marathon next year, and I know you are going to succeed. You are a loving and wonderful mommy too, and those little princess are 2 lucky babies. :love:

Good morning!

I was posting and my computer just shut down and reconfigured windows on me, so now I'm out of time. Aggravating. But anyway, busy, fun week here. Hope to catch up more over the weekend, but am determined that tonight I will not go online until my christmas cards are finished and ready to mail. They're all over the kitchen table and we want to bake cookies this weekend.

I love this qotd. And yes, Maria, isn't Lisa] the earlybird. She is often posting at the same time as me, but it's 3 hours earlier.

Off for a quick dog walk before work. Have a fantastic friday!! Hope you all see good numbers for our last weighin. I actually saw 209.8 this morning!!! So very happy with that. That was my thanksgiving goal, but I'll take it for Christmas. :rotfl: My goal for now is to be less than 210 on new years day.

Haven't read back the past couple days yet, so hope I haven't missed anything. Maybe work will be quiet and I'll be able to sneak on and read.

have a fantastic friday!!!

Good morning!

I was posting and my computer just shut down and reconfigured windows on me, so now I'm out of time. Aggravating. But anyway, busy, fun week here. Hope to catch up more over the weekend, but am determined that tonight I will not go online until my christmas cards are finished and ready to mail. They're all over the kitchen table and we want to bake cookies this weekend.

That always seems to happen when I am in a hurry too! The computer hates me!!

I love this qotd. And yes, Maria, isn't Lisa] the earlybird. She is often posting at the same time as me, but it's 3 hours earlier.

Off for a quick dog walk before work. Have a fantastic friday!! Hope you all see good numbers for our last weighin. I actually saw 209.8 this morning!!! So very happy with that. That was my thanksgiving goal, but I'll take it for Christmas. :rotfl: My goal for now is to be less than 210 on new years day.

Haven't read back the past couple days yet, so hope I haven't missed anything. Maybe work will be quiet and I'll be able to sneak on and read.

have a fantastic friday!!!

THat is GREAT that you made your T.giving goal..... and here are prayers that you and I BOTH can see today's weight on New Year's Day!!

Thank you to both Lisa and Maria for such NICE words! I needed that today!

I'm at work, but do have a working computer here in the classrooom that I can use when the kids aren't here. The teacher I am in for today was kind enough to leave a SUPER EASY plan (including a movie) so I am looking forward to the day. They have already asked me to work two days next week and I have agreed, despite the fact that I have so much left to do for the holiday. Oh well. Christmas will arrive whether I am ready or not!

I was a samer today on the scale (well.... within .1 of last week BEFORE the potty fairy visited) so I obviously missed something last week. I did have overeat my points a bit on the weekend and missed one day of exercise.... plus I probably UNDER ate Mon thru Thurs in an attempt to make up for the weekend, so my body is probably confused. Hoping and praying for another small drop before the holiday weekend! But I definitely feel better about my mid-section and pants are loose again, so I"m encouraged.

Will be making LISTS today while the kids are watching their movie.... shopping lists for our holiday meals, last minute gift buyng lists, and of course, a detailed to-do list for this weekend. We MUST get a tree in the house!

TTYL................P

I can talk about Kathy now!!

She is truly a person with a caring warm heart... and that warmth radiates out! She shows her caring to her patients every time she works with them. And she is raising a smart boy, all by herself! She has taken in a soul in need (Poko) and will provide a loving home for life. She is an athlete who can do FAR MORE than she is probably even aware of! She has struggled during some of these challenges but has NEVER, EVER given up!!!

This is another DIS person that I am SO PROUD to call "FRIEND"!!..............P

Good morning! I am happy to report that I am down about three pounds this week, but up .2 from two weeks ago when I last sent in my weight. My original goal was to be down to at least 199, but after last week I decided I would be happy just being under 209 and I met that goal with a final weigh in of 208.2! :thumbsup2

Now I have to go finish my paper. I only have about a page and a half left and it's due at noon, but I want it done by 11 so I have time to go print it and run some errands around campus.

Yes! I have Gretchen!

She is an awesome person who loves her family, friends, and her DIS friends unconditionnally! She is dedicated to her schoolwork and will make an amazing audiologist! (I'm due for an updated audiological...;)) I am so proud of her for being selected for the College Program and I know that WDW will love having her there! I know that she will succeed in everything she does!

:wave2: Hi

Thought I should drop in and let you all know I am still around but I haven't been reporting my weight so I am dropped out at this point. The good news is that I have lost about 7 pounds in the last few weeks, the bad news is that it isn't the way I wanted to lose it.

My IBS has reached a really bad point the last few weeks and I have been having a lot of problems. As long as I don't eat anything I feel fine, but when I do eat bad things happen. I'm living on Protein Shakes, white rice and toast. I thought a few days of a bland, easy to digest diet would give my system time to rest and reset but it's been over a week and I am not getting better so I have an appt to see a Gastro next week. And on top of that I caught a cold so have really been miserable!

I haven't had a salad or any type of vegetable in almost 2 weeks and it is driving me crazy! This whole "making healthy eating a way of life" thing must be actually taking hold. :teeth:

I hope everyone here is doing great. :cheer2:

Hi everyone!

QOTD Friday December 16th
Congratulations on making it to the end of the challenge! This is such a positive step in your journey to good health and fitness! Please tell us something you admire about the person who has posted just before you or just provide some words of encouragement. If you don't know the person, make something up!

Gretchen is before me. Gretchen, you are so mature for your age. You offer wise words of wisdom and support and encouragement to all. You also made me think about reaching for my dreams and goals when you applied for the college program. I know you'll do so well and have a great time. Even with your busy schedule, you post daily and respond to people as well. Thanks for your participation!

I'm going to request some positive thoughts from all of you. My mom just called a little while ago to let me know my younger brother had a seizure today-for the first time in almost three years. He just had an EEG done recently and it showed no signs of seizure activity, but it did show some abnormal waves. His new neurologist decided to decrease his one seizure medication and he just went off it completely on Monday.

He is fine, it was a short one and not nearly as bad as they have been in the past, but it's still a little scary. We're waiting to hear back from the doctor about what he wants to do now.

:hug: Glad to hear he is fine, but I will be definitely thinking of you and your family this weekend.

Well biggest losers, I thank you all for everything over this challenge. I was needing a kick in the butt to get myself back on track after I let myself go over the summer. I am so glad I found the w.i.s.h. and BL thread. I feel like I've gotten to know you all and can't wait for the next challenge. I knew this would truely be a challenge, because I don't really have a lot of weight to lose. It's always those last stubborn pounds that won't budge. I started this challenge at 163.? and I am ending at 155.6. I was down to 154.6 a couple weeks ago, but got a little off track. I was hoping to be 150 by Christmas (and 140 overall), but that's ok. I don't think I would have lost anything without all of you. I'm ready for the holiday thread and the next challenge.

Enjoy your weekend and see you on the holiday thread!

Jill

I'll add CC since she beat me to Gretchen. CC has had some challenges this challenge, but always find the positive in everything. She is so encouraging and I love reading her posts! CC also was a genius with the Healthy Habits. I'm sorry I didn't participate (I'm was new and a little scared lol) but I'm trying for it next challenge. There are no words to describe how creative your HH were. Genius was all I could come up with!

Thank you to Dona and CC and Jill for all your kind words. :goodvibes

I'm done with my classes! My "final" lasted 15 minutes since we were just turning in the papers. My paper was 7.5 pages instead of the 8-10 required, but I kind of just didn't care anymore. :confused3

I'm at work now for the last time, and my awesome bosses got me some cool gifts: magnets, a bookmark, lip balm, m&m type candies, and a $50 Visa card! They thought I might need travel money, which I definitely do.

Tonight I'm having a Disney movie marathon with some friends, and there are some more coming over on Sunday night to help me finish off the food I have left. The rest of the weekend will be spent packing and making lists of things I have to do. At the top are to let the bank and my credit card company know I'm moving, and to get my driver's license renewed since it will expire while I'm in Florida and I want a new picture. The packing/moving part is easy, it's all these little things that you don't automatically think about that are tricky!

Good morning! I am happy to report that I am down about three pounds this week, but up .2 from two weeks ago when I last sent in my weight. My original goal was to be down to at least 199, but after last week I decided I would be happy just being under 209 and I met that goal with a final weigh in of 208.2! :thumbsup2

Now I have to go finish my paper. I only have about a page and a half left and it's due at noon, but I want it done by 11 so I have time to go print it and run some errands around campus.

Good job dropping those 3 pounds!

:wave2: Hi

Thought I should drop in and let you all know I am still around but I haven't been reporting my weight so I am dropped out at this point. The good news is that I have lost about 7 pounds in the last few weeks, the bad news is that it isn't the way I wanted to lose it.

My IBS has reached a really bad point the last few weeks and I have been having a lot of problems. As long as I don't eat anything I feel fine, but when I do eat bad things happen. I'm living on Protein Shakes, white rice and toast. I thought a few days of a bland, easy to digest diet would give my system time to rest and reset but it's been over a week and I am not getting better so I have an appt to see a Gastro next week. And on top of that I caught a cold so have really been miserable!

I haven't had a salad or any type of vegetable in almost 2 weeks and it is driving me crazy! This whole "making healthy eating a way of life" thing must be actually taking hold. :teeth:

I hope everyone here is doing great. :cheer2:

Glad to see you! Sorry you've been so sick..... especially right before the holidays! GLad you are craving the healthy stuff, but sorry that you can't eat it.

Well biggest losers, I thank you all for everything over this challenge. I was needing a kick in the butt to get myself back on track after I let myself go over the summer. I am so glad I found the w.i.s.h. and BL thread. I feel like I've gotten to know you all and can't wait for the next challenge. I knew this would truely be a challenge, because I don't really have a lot of weight to lose. It's always those last stubborn pounds that won't budge. I started this challenge at 163.? and I am ending at 155.6. I was down to 154.6 a couple weeks ago, but got a little off track. I was hoping to be 150 by Christmas (and 140 overall), but that's ok. I don't think I would have lost anything without all of you. I'm ready for the holiday thread and the next challenge.

Enjoy your weekend and see you on the holiday thread!

Jill

You are ending the challenge down and that is a big thing! And I agree about those last stubborn pounds!

And yes, CC's HH have been outstanding this challenge!

Thank you to Dona and CC and Jill for all your kind words. :goodvibes

I'm done with my classes! My "final" lasted 15 minutes since we were just turning in the papers. My paper was 7.5 pages instead of the 8-10 required, but I kind of just didn't care anymore. :confused3

Honestly.... I think they'd rather have 7.5 good quality pages than 8-10 pages of just rambling!

I'm at work now for the last time, and my awesome bosses got me some cool gifts: magnets, a bookmark, lip balm, m&m type candies, and a $50 Visa card! They thought I might need travel money, which I definitely do.

Excellent!!

Tonight I'm having a Disney movie marathon with some friends, and there are some more coming over on Sunday night to help me finish off the food I have left. The rest of the weekend will be spent packing and making lists of things I have to do. At the top are to let the bank and my credit card company know I'm moving, and to get my driver's license renewed since it will expire while I'm in Florida and I want a new picture. The packing/moving part is easy, it's all these little things that you don't automatically think about that are tricky!

Yup.... it's always that little stuff that takes so much time! Enjoy your movie marathon... what's on the queue???

Well friends, my day is nearing to a close. This class has been UNBEARABLY chatty and bossy.... but I think that the regular teacher doesn't exactly hold them accountable for the chattiness. But I"ve made it through without losing my mind! Gotta drive DD to an early swim practice right after school (she is going on her own from 4-5 pm, since she has a pasta supper for her HS team tonight). I will grab groceries while she is swimming (I would have brought my workout gear, but she didn't mention this to me until we were in the car this morning) and then drive her straight to the pasta supper. I will be home about 6pm I think. We are having fish tonight, since DD is not there, and it cooks quickly so that will be fine.

Off to "shush" the class again (they are watching a movie)..............P

I posted already about my friend, Pamela. :goodvibes

I did want to give a big, BL thank you to Janis for being our hostess this challenge, to Sue for being our weightkeeper and to CC our HH coach. You guys are the BEST! :flower3:

Please join me in thanking them for a great challenge! :santa:

I did want to give a big, BL thank you to Janis for being our hostess this challenge, to Sue for being our weightkeeper and to CC our HH coach. You guys are the BEST! :flower3:

Please join me in thanking them for a great challenge! :santa:
:goodvibes Thank you so much ladies!:goodvibes

I've been MIA for the past week or so and trying to play catch-up.

Quick Question - were Tuesday's results the final results, or are we submitting our weights for this week as well? :confused3

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so annoyed at myself for not being "all-in" for this challenge. It looks like I'll be down a not-so-grand total of four pounds. (Truth be told, though - I would probably be UP in weight if I hadn't participated in this challenge.)

I don't know what it is with my current weight (208) - I can't seem to get away from that rough number. I've been MUCH, MUCH, heavier - but each time I've lost weight, I always get to about 210-215 and stop. I haven't been under 200 in over 20 years, and each time I get to where I am now - I just stall (or worse - gain).

As I've said before - I have no excuses. I live alone and shop/cook for only myself. I can't blame anybody else for bringing the bad food into the house, or for eating more than is needed for satisfaction. I'm currently unemployed, so I can't blame my bad eating on lack of time - I have all the time in the world to prepare healthy choices.

I'm very frustrated - I simply can't get my act together and I don't know why.

- Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!