Biggest debate and conversation?

Was the introduction of Disney IP characters in DL Small World a big debate here? Looking back - what a non-issue. If you haven't seen it, they fit great and are kindof like a hidden mickey now. It's fun going from scene to scene and finding the IP characters - really plussed-up a (sorry) pretty dull ride. Wish they'd bring them to WDW MK also.

To the OP - Stay on-topic in the Space 220 thread. Yeah, there's no new news and so there's really nothing to discuss, but still - don't drift OT or face the wrath!

We got a new contender I think. Gonna put a mask on, but over my eyes, just so I don’t have to see another mask thread.
I feel you - not just in a discussion about WDW either. Just in life, with this whole thing. I'm just like :sad2:

Last edited:
I deleted my post... already said.

Even though I'm getting my Ph.D., I have very low impulse control :)

However, this may be a result of such, and not in spite of.

The first year we went we got a throwaway room.
If you dont know what that is, its a campsite or room that you get just for the benefits of staying on site but you do not use for the purpose of sleeping...
As i tried to talk about it on boards i quickly found it was a touchy subject. We do not do this anymore our family is now a family of 4 instead of 7

There was a huge debate here on the boards when Disney World allowed dogs in some resorts. Lots of anger, hurt feelings and "We will never stay on site again." posts.
There there was a long debate when Disney World started charging for parking. Lots of anger, hurt feelings and "We will never stay on site again." posts.
I haven’t stayed in any of the dog resorts since then because I am allergic, and I get a ride to the resort rather than take my car. I feel bad for the people who will be driving instead of flying the next few months, as I would guess most of them have not had to deal with the parking fees before and it can get expensive. I could totally understand why those two were hotly debated.

Another debate I remember that I could sympathize with is when they went to the one price AP instead of adult and child prices. There were people who would buy their 4 year old kid an AP since it was cheaper and then try to get all the benefits and discounts, even though the discounts and benefits were for the passholder (who in this case wasn’t old enough to book a room or do any shopping or pay for the family meals). The debate started when Disney started cracking down on who could physically get the discount, and then they just shut it down with the price change. I don’t blame Disney for that one, since it was abuse that led to it, but I did feel bad for the families who played by the rules and were now penalized financially. That was quite a hit to absorb.

With all the pricing increases to the AP, Disney really is just making APs for people who come 3-4 times a year for a few days at a time at a minimum. With the way ticket packages are priced (cheaper the more you get) it'll require 2x 1 week trips to break even (or somewhere around there). Hoppers get you closer if that's the kind of ticket you typically get.

Oh man, refillable mugs and shoulder kids were already mentioned. Guess I have to go with “scooters and whether that guest should be using one.”

You can also usually raise at least a mild scuffle by commenting on why Tomorrowland Speedway should stay/go.

All that has been mentioned, I agree with and have learned for the most part to run the other way and not look back. However, I have to say that the most contentious topic to ever have happened in this place never happened.

All that has been mentioned, I agree with and have learned for the most part to run the other way and not look back. However, I have to say that the most contentious topic to ever have happened in this place never happened.
Oooh-cryptic-says the new comer

I'm surprised no one brought up Starbucks in the parks. I remember people were concerned that they would ruin the atmosphere of the parks people even started petitions to stop it.

My top three would be:
Dogs (regular dogs are somehow 5000x more allergenic than the service dogs that have always been allowed)
Keenz (omg, the drama about a pushable tank)
Housekeeping walking in on naps and showers without warning (yeah, right)

FP +
Those were a surprise for me as well. In fact, before my Honeymoon in 2013 (where we broke in the magic bands and first learned about ADRs at check-in). We were so unprepared for that trip, thanks to a lack of information from AAA. The last time I had gone to WDW was with my kids in '02 after I returned from a 14 month oversears deployment in the National Guard. We still have our Gen1 Magic Bands from our Honeymoon.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this was never debated but it has been a long time since I posted my two favorite words.

Baby Bidet

First of all, thanks to the person who started this thread because it's been an entertaining read. Some top debates I've seen include:
  • the changes made a couple of years ago to DAS
  • strollers - parents pushing strollers into people's ankles, CMs relocating strollers, use of strollers for children who look like they're older than 2
  • the start of Max Pass at Disneyland - many thought it would be Armageddon and gosh darn it, they were going to cancel their AP over it. They've all shut up about that now that they've actually used it and it really is as awesome as everybody says.
  • the start of FP+
  • FP+ at WDW vs FP at Disneyland
  • WDW vs Disneyland - which is better
  • ECVs
  • on the Disneyland board, sale of alcoholic beverages in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge
  • anything related to corona virus
  • WDW's response to corona virus
  • WDW cancelling people's 180 day ADRs & FP+ before re-opening WDW next month
  • WDW & Disneyland not open yet vs WDW & Disneyland are reopening too early
  • WDW's new Skyliner - "it's the best thing ever" vs "we're all going to die"
  • park guests who bark about how much money they spend at WDW so you better be nice to them or else, gosh darn it

It seems to have fallen off as a topic, but when I first started going on the boards dress code/ manner of dress was something which really set people off. Especially how to dress for signature dining, and why should one dress up when they spent there day in a hot theme park?

I find I am pretty appropriate/conservative with dress outside of WDW but do dress down when there. In part this is because I have only gone during the summer, so it’s a big help to dress as cool as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!