Biggest debate and conversation?

No no no...it was the introduction of FP+ and the demise of paper fastpasses...when they debuted My Disney Experience.

The relevance, the expected attractiveness and the construction speed of Pandora at Animal Kingdom (and, as an extension, the construction speed of the Disney Springs Parking Garages)!

The relevance, the expected attractiveness and the construction speed of Pandora at Animal Kingdom (and, as an extension, the construction speed of the Disney Springs Parking Garages)!
I remember hearing about the pandora addition, this was obviously well before I was recently immersed in Disney and while it looked really cool I was having a hard time making the connection to Disney world (ETA: as just an ordinary person hearing about something new being added to DW)

Can you bring back a previously purchased refillable mug and use it on your next trip? Asking for a friend 😉

I have a tie for my favorite debate.

One is boys in the girls bathroom debate because both sides manage to sound insane. On one side terrible things happen in men's rooms all the time (they don't) and on the other a male hearing the sound of a girl pee will ruin your life forever (it won't).

The other was the old version of the DAS or whatever it was called. There was always this debate about how it wasn't FOTL because there were some rides where that wasn't the case and didn't really give anyone an advantage (it pretty much did). But when it was changed to the current DAS you had the people that spent years saying it wasn't FOTL all of a sudden complaining that the new pass took away their FOTL access. It pretty much exposed that line of garbage for what it was and there is even a lawsuit about it.

Can you bring back a previously purchased refillable mug and use it on your next trip? Asking for a friend 😉

I have a tie for my favorite debate.

One is boys in the girls bathroom debate because both sides manage to sound insane. On one side terrible things happen in men's rooms all the time (they don't) and on the other a male hearing the sound of a girl pee will ruin your life forever (it won't).

The other was the old version of the DAS or whatever it was called. There was always this debate about how it wasn't FOTL because there were some rides where that wasn't the case and didn't really give anyone an advantage (it pretty much did). But when it was changed to the current DAS you had the people that spent years saying it wasn't FOTL all of a sudden complaining that the new pass took away their FOTL access. It pretty much exposed that line of garbage for what it was and there is even a lawsuit about it.

Related to the last one I remember all the chatter when that story came out (I think it was in the NY Times, definitely one of the NY papers) of the rich family paying a disabled person to travel with them so they could get the pass and skip to the front of all the lines

Related to the last one I remember all the chatter when that story came out (I think it was in the NY Times, definitely one of the NY papers) of the rich family paying a disabled person to travel with them so they could get the pass and skip to the front of all the lines

I remember that article. It was actually a good thing because that system was so abused for a long time, Disney just needed a very public and blatant example of that abuse to handle the optics of the change.

The current system is much more equitable for everyone without making it FOTL for everyone.

I remember that article. It was actually a good thing because that system was so abused for a long time, Disney just needed a very public and blatant example of that abuse to handle the optics of the change.

The current system is much more equitable for everyone without making it FOTL for everyone.

Though I remember some people taking the side that they thought it was fine as it "created good jobs for disabled people"

That’s appalling. My daughter 5yo is on the spectrum and when planning our trip for April I read about the DAS thing and thought we’d sign up for it and MAYBE use it. I had great fast passes (For a 5 and 2 year olds first trip) lined up and thought if they really seemed to like it we’d go back and utilize the DAS as I don’t think we’d be in a situation where we’d need to get back on ASAP. Between rope drop and fasts pass it seemed like it would be unlikely we’d really even utilize it. The only reason why it’d be attractive is my 5yo doesn’t do well with idle time-I could of coarse give her my phone. Give the kid a screen and she could stand in the middle of a tornado unfortunately. And that is something I wanted to try to avoid while there as I remember the lines are entertaining for the most part. I’m glad they changed the DAS system to how it is now-if we did use it I wouldn’t feel as bad using it. Anyone seen that GIF(I think?) of the girl licking the hand rail? Yeah, that’d be my 5 yo. If we end up going soon while covid is prevalent I may see if we can keep the kids in the stroller while in line, she seems way more content in there. We got one of those strollers where there is a seat in the front and a little bench in the back. Bought it specifically for DW and she gets the biggest kick out of it

Though I remember some people taking the side that they thought it was fine as it "created good jobs for disabled people"
Ain't nobody rentin' this disabled ole girl! Even if it IS for a trip to WDW!! ;)

Last edited:

I'm sure there are fine people on both sides 😉.

I suspect anyone actually saying that though was really just trying to justify their own despicable behavior.

That was really never a controversy. Everybody knew that cake was better. :duck:
Let them eat cake! :cake:

(Why is an image of Helena Bonham Carter as the Queen of Hearts saying that in that Queen voice going through my head right now?) :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!