Biggest debate and conversation?

Might be a good idea to revisit that topic (appropriate attire). 😒 i don't need to see someone wearing leggings as outerwear in the park or while eating.

Definitely the addition of movie characters to Epcot, leading to the term IPcot. Some people love seeing Frozen characters in Norway, others want it to be strictly about the country.

Another big one was when concierge guests were allowed to purchase extra Fastpasses. Some people were ok with it or even excited since they normally stay concierge, while others saw it as the end of all free Fastpasses.

Strollers in general seemed to cause debate but specifically how old is too old to use a stroller.

Well, one of the biggest debates going on right now (besides masks 🤣) is how people think Disney is handling this situation, particularly around communication. I know the DIS team has talked about masks, handling of ABD and DVC. However, I noticed that since the initial prediction of opening in June didn't pan out, it's been a little quiet. I'd like to hear Pete's opinion in particular regarding the rolling cancellations and guest recovery efforts. But maybe that's just me!

Agreed. It feels a little passive aggressive on Disney’s part if the goal is to truly get cancellations on guests part with regards to hotel changes/dining cancellations/fast pass cancellations..... I think it could be handled differently, but there must be a legal reason that I’m not aware of to have to guest voluntarily cancel. Only problem I see - I think this is really putting Disney in a bad light with the way they’re handling it at this point. It’s ok to keep people safe, people want to be safe. People just don’t want to be jerked around in the process. Be up front & forthcoming. Don’t be passive aggressive. Make a decision & stick with it. If you’ve over booked - explain - we’ve over booked & need to cancel. People would respect that more than what they’re doing right now. This is just my opinion though.

Sorry if I'm repeating, but I remember the implementation of My Disney Experience and Fast Pass+ having a mixed reception. People who aren't fond of change couldn't get acclimated to FP+. There are still many people who would prefer the paper FPs over FP+, and lots of people who miss running from one paper FP machine to the next.

Also, I remember a huge uproar when they removed the Maelstrom ride from Norway in Epcot. There were petitions, "Save Maelstrom" t-shirts. I was upset too, but I think Frozen Ever After ended up being a great ride.

Agreed. It feels a little passive aggressive on Disney’s part if the goal is to truly get cancellations on guests part with regards to hotel changes/dining cancellations/fast pass cancellations..... I think it could be handled differently, but there must be a legal reason that I’m not aware of to have to guest voluntarily cancel. Only problem I see - I think this is really putting Disney in a bad light with the way they’re handling it at this point. It’s ok to keep people safe, people want to be safe. People just don’t want to be jerked around in the process. Be up front & forthcoming. Don’t be passive aggressive. Make a decision & stick with it. If you’ve over booked - explain - we’ve over booked & need to cancel. People would respect that more than what they’re doing right now. This is just my opinion though.

I %100 agree with you. I think they just need to cancel everybody and start from scratch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!