• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Paris for a "drops hater"?

Lunabee

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I am here to ask a question to all the people who went, at least one time, on The Big Thunder Mountain roller coaster. I hate the stomach "butterflies" sensation. I can manage the speed and a lot of other things, but not that. For instance, I hated also the two drops of The Pirates of The Caribbeans in Disneyland Paris.

Is The Big Thunder Mountain for me? Or it has the same problem about drops?

If the drops on Pirates at DLP were too much for you, then I would skip this ride. My primary memory of it is that it was a lot faster than the WDW version. I don't recall any stomach churning drops, but those don't bother me. And there are definitely some drops that seemed more significant than Pirates

I wouldn't ride if you don't enjoy Pirates, it's another level of intensity and not one you would enjoy if you didn't like the drops on Pirates! A lot faster and quicker, I would avoid it!

I’m not sure if the drops are *worse* than Pirates, hard to tell since that’s in the dark, but Thunder Mountain is kinda speedy and definitely has some dips. I’d say it’s a no-go but if you’re curious, here’s a vid showing what it’s like.

It's a tough one. I would say, skip. But then again, I do think the drops on Pirates are steeper. But what might help BTM, it is out in the open air. You can see much better what is happening.

You might need to try it to know for sure. But if you are in doubt, don't do it.

BTM in Paris is a scarier ride than BTM in WDW. It's quite a bit more intense. I'd recommend skipping if the Pirates drops bothered you, unfortunately.

I don't know if you ride Space mountains at WDW, maybe not if you don't like drop. Anyway, DO NOT ride Space mountains in Paris. It is a completely different type of roller coaster, much more intense with a launched start and inversions, certainly not for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter