Big Kid in a stroller (please don't flame me!)

We were at the Magic Kingdom for a day last week and it was the first time my 7 year old did not have a stroller..... let's just say I ended up piggybacking an exhausted 50 lb 7 year old for the last hour of the night, including the entire firework show and the walk out to the busses. Take the stroller. I was wishing we had one by the end of the day.

Our twins are turning 5 and although we haven't used our double stroller (city mini) in over a year we're bringing it. Free to check it on the flight, easy to maneuver, canopy for shade, free and easy to park if we don't want it, nice to have if we do want it, and I think it'll create a bit of room for them to breathe in the crowds and chaos, watching fireworks, etc. I expect we will probably sell it on Craigslist or offer it to another family on our last day or something. No reason to fly it home.

We just got back. My 7 year old walked for the first time ever at WDW. She is almost 8 and is around 65 lbs. We have two other kids (3 and 10 months) so we had a double stroller. Many times during our trip especially at night, we put the baby in the carrier and let my 7 year old ride. I will tell you it was unnerving to have a kid walking especially during very crowded times like after the night shows. I say if you think it will make your trip better, get a stroller. Our family moves slow, and we don't tend to stay in the parks all day. We still average about 7 miles per day at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter