Big Group Trip - Linking MDE Accounts

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
So DH and I are planning a big family trip with his parents, siblings and their SO for next year - planning getting 4 studios, so each family unit will have their own space. We'll dole out confirmation numbers so each family unit can link their own reservations to their MDE accounts and make their own dining and FP+ for the days we're not all together.

However, for the days we do plan to spend together and/or for the big family meals, I'm going to be in charge of doing all the booking. My question is, does each person need to link their individual MDE accounts with DH? For example, my BIL and his wife go to Disney. He and his wife have MDE accounts. His wife is already linked to his account. If BIL becomes a "friend" with DH, will his wife be added automatically to DH's account since she's linked to her husband/BIL's account? Or does BIL's wife have to also become a "friend" to DH so I can making reservations for both of them? And if BIl's wife's account is "managed" by both DH and her husband/BIL, will that be a problem? I just want to ensure that every family unit can manage their own plans, but also that DH and I can book the big stuff. Sorry if this was confusing. The whole booking a big family vacation is confusing - as its my first time doing it!!

And to top it all off, my in-laws are not that tech savvy, so we need to know exactly what we're doing to walk them through it!

As always, TIA for the knowledge and expertise!

We just got back from a big family trip that included 3 separate rooms and 5 difference MDE accounts that needed to be linked so I could make all the plans for everyone. My best advice is to call Disney and get someone on the phone to be sure they are all connected properly. I even had to have them fix my DH’s MDE link to mine. It took a few minutes on the phone but in the end it was worth it because everything was properly in place for the FP+ bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter