Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

I got an alert for your post here and it was great to read about your adventures in the past years. I am sorry that you both had to deal with losing a parent, but how exciting that there is a baby coming soon! I saw that you found our Europapark trip report with Brook! I need to get this moving along... I totally get you on the work involved in these trip reports! But they are also so nice to have as something to look back to like a photo album!

Good to see you on here Tammie (and I was happy to see that you chimed in on that Aulani thread regarding the adults-only pool). Yes, I think about my DIS-friends a lot too and am sorry that I don't have the time or energy to post very much on here. We've had 3 great trips since the one reported here, but it's so much work getting the photos ready for posting and then all the writing...I just can't bring myself to do it anymore. Judy and I went to Hawaii back in 2018 and had an amazing trip. We went to Kauai for 5 nights and then to Oahu (staying at Aulani) for 6 nights. The highlight of the trip was probably the helicopter tour we did on Kauai, with snorkeling at Hanauma Bay earning honorable mention. Visiting Pearl Harbor didn't work out, as I planned for it on the day we changed islands, and our plane was delayed. Plus, that was when there was an issue with the dock for the boat that takes you out...hopefully, that's fixed by now. Anyway, we never made it there. Something for next time. Speaking of next time, we are planning to go back next year, probably September. We loved Aulani and actually canceled some sight-seeing plans just to spend more time relaxing at the resort. Moving forward to 2019, in October, Judy and I went to WDW for Food & Wine for a week, and then made another trip over year-end, when we took all of the kids (son-in-law's first visit) and stayed in a 2-bedroom DVC suite at Kidani. The kids loved seeing Galaxy's Edge. For New Year's Eve, we went to Raglan Road and a fight broke out inside the bar! State troopers actually had to remove someone...I tell ya, the lengths Disney will go to in order to give you an authentic experience!

I follow some DISers on Instagram. I'll forget someone or two, but lemme think. On here, they went by KatMark, Captain_Oblivious, MEK, brookelizabeth, elphie101, onelilspark, tinacaplan, onescgirl, GreatBiscuit, vamassey1, YukiPhnx. I'm sure there's a couple more. Unfortunately, I had to make my account private, but if you're a DISer I recognize I'll accept you. (Sorry if someone requested and I didn't accept. You haven't missed much, just a lot of breakfast photos posted while I quarantined at home!)

Well, let me start with the not-so-good...2019 was a really bad year for us, as Judy and I both lost a parent (her Dad, my Mom). By the time the pandemic came, I was like, "Bring it on...what more can happen?!" But in the good news department, in December we'll be promoted to "grandparents". Lauren and David are expecting. No additional weddings, we'll see. James is a senior at Penn State, so we'll have the last one through that big expense soon.

We did too! I was watching resale prices as the pandemic broke out and Disney stopped exercising ROFR. One morning on our daily walk with the dog, I mentioned to Judy that prices were pretty low and Disney wasn't buying them back. If I were to try for something, I think it'd be Hilton Head so that I could get booking priority there...and of course, we could always use more points. She said, "Go for it!" By the end of the day, I had a nice contract (although stripped, but I wasn't planning on going anywhere anytime soon) for $65 a point, which I was very happy with. I think I saw that Disney is buying them back at around $75/point now. Anyway, we're going to Hilton Head with the first use of those points in just a few days, for a week in a studio.
Thanks so much for your replies! It is so fun to hear how your family is doing! I am never on Instagram, even though I have an account. I know I should be, business wise, but it is just one more thing to track. LOL I'm hoping to retire in March, so maybe I will have more time to do these things then.
Congrats on soon being in the Grandparents club - Nothing like it! Our Myles is already a Jr. In high school - I have no idea where the time went. Two more entered high school this year. I think maybe you know we have 9 - the baby just started PreK. They grow faster than your own I think - cherish the time.
I'm glad you and Judy are making time for getaways, as well as your big family trips. Maybe we will cross paths at HHI sometime. Did I say we will be there in April with my brother? I think I did. Anyway good to hear what you have going on, and I'm sorry about the loss of each of your parents. This has been such a hard couple of years. I keep hoping and praying for "back to normal." Not sure that will be answered sadly. But making the best of our family time is important, and DVC is so much a part of that! Take care, and maybe I will be back around more often Say hi to Judy!

Glenn,

So glad to hear from you again and all is good with the family. Cannot believe James is almost out of college. Crazy how fast time flies. Congrats on the grandchild. That is so exciting.

I also do not do Instagram. You need to do trip reports. Just start it and for each day say we had fun. Then we can all just chat about other random things.

So funny Brook was brought up. Another long done Diser. I am more of a reader than a poster at this point and I wonder if a lot of the others are too.

Hopefully we can all stay in virtual touch some how and if you are ever at the World over Wine & Dine race weekend let met know as that has become our usual visit week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter