Bibbidi bobbidi boutique

Erin O'Neal

Earning My Ears
Hi! Does anyone have strong thoughts about whether it makes sense/a big difference between buying and bringing your own princess dress vs. doing the full "castle package"? Is there a significant difference in experience? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Does anyone have strong thoughts about whether it makes sense/a big difference between buying and bringing your own princess dress vs. doing the full "castle package"? Is there a significant difference in experience? Thanks in advance!
I've never done the full castle package but I've never heard of a kid complaining about a trip to BBB. Especially the younger they are, they won't even know there is a difference.

Other than the huge difference in price, the only difference is the little girl looking through the dresses to pick one. I have not purchased that one; but I witnessed the process when we were there at the same time as someone who had it. We always brought our own clothes. First time I got my daughter a flower girl dress in her favorite color because she couldn't decide which princess dress she wanted. We just continued to do the same thing the other two times we did it.

I think it does come with a few prints from the post makeover photo session; but if you have memory maker, which I highly recommend you will have all of the photos from the photo session after plus the ones they take during the makeover. Just having all of those photos alone make memory maker worth the cost IMO.

We will be bringing our own. Costco has some nice princess dresses this time of year but I honestly think the Disney Store dresses are much nicer and they often run sales. There isn't a Disney Store near us so I'll let the girls pick one out online. That way they have the choice of every dress and sizes are available. Target has a small selection of Disney dresses and you can sometimes catch a sale there.

Also, a tip - recently the Parks App had a 25% off the app sale and I got the exact dress she would have picked from BBB with tiara & crown all for 25% off and free ship. The only item missing is the necklace that comes with the full package but I haven't seen a pic of it and even regular price, the necklace would have to be worth $37 and I can buy her a nice necklace if I felt that was necessary. (Math: Crown Pkg (64.95) + dress (59.99) + Wand (19.95) + Crown (17.95) = $162.84)

We will be bringing our own. Costco has some nice princess dresses this time of year but I honestly think the Disney Store dresses are much nicer and they often run sales. There isn't a Disney Store near us so I'll let the girls pick one out online. That way they have the choice of every dress and sizes are available. Target has a small selection of Disney dresses and you can sometimes catch a sale there.
Thanks! I've also seen some really nice ones on Etsy!

Also, a tip - recently the Parks App had a 25% off the app sale and I got the exact dress she would have picked from BBB with tiara & crown all for 25% off and free ship. The only item missing is the necklace that comes with the full package but I haven't seen a pic of it and even regular price, the necklace would have to be worth $37 and I can buy her a nice necklace if I felt that was necessary. (Math: Crown Pkg (64.95) + dress (59.99) + Wand (19.95) + Crown (17.95) = $162.84)
Thank you!

We only did the full package once as a treat. For us a trip to BBB involved purchasing a dress at Disney World/Land or prior to arrival at the Disney Store. IMO the quality of the dresses from Disney are better than those found at major retailers. Plus, after the toddler years the dresses found at Target/Walmart don't fit a bigger/older child.

We have done both, buying the costume on site and doing the hair, nails and makeup and the crown package where they brought their own dresses. We have done them at Disney springs and the castle. I prefer the disney springs location. More room and space. The experience is the same regardless of which package you pick. It's a big money saver to bring your own dress. I highly recommend it. My girls are 8 & 10 and were concerned other girls would buy them there, in actuality many people bring their own dress. My girls loved it, they were treated like princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!