Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Disneybridein2k3

I am and I'm not afraid to admit
Peter - Bridgett is absolutely stunning!!! I was hoping you'd post a pic of her! Anyway, I got to thinking about a something that may be more local for a princess at home -- Club Libby Lu. I've taken my daughter (now 13) several times in the past few years and she just loved it. It wasn't the same Disney experience but it was kinda cool. And they have different products you can make/buy - nail polish, glitter dust, lip gloss, etc - looks like the most expensive package they have is $35.
http://www.clublibbylu.com/detail.aspx?menu=17&app=138&cat1=415&tp=23&lk=no&title=Pricing+&+Packages

Club Libby Lu is owned by Saks. No princess dresses though :(

Ugh. This is only more encouragement for my dad, who still needs to get his own login, to get me boutiqued.

Yes, my father wants me, the 13 going on 14 year old, to get boutiqued (I'll be 14 for our next trip). He hates me.

Ugh. This is only more encouragement for my dad, who still needs to get his own login, to get me boutiqued.

Yes, my father wants me, the 13 going on 14 year old, to get boutiqued (I'll be 14 for our next trip). He hates me.
LOL!!! I think it's cool. We went to Club Libby Lu and they have a Mom and Me package - she was dying for me to get boutiqued! In Disney maybe...in the local mall, not so much.

My 13 year old went to BBB in April. She wasn't too sure about going, but decided she would go with her 11 year old sister. They both loved it and would do it again. She was more than pleasantly surprised!:thumbsup2 Make your dad happy and go, I bet you find out it makes you happy too.:wizard:

To be honest, I think he only wants to see me trip while walking around World Showcase in a frilly dress. I'm really not the most coordinated person.

To be honest, I think he only wants to see me trip while walking around World Showcase in a frilly dress. I'm really not the most coordinated person.

Ok you are too old for the dress!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Compromise, tell him you'll do the hair, makeup and manicure!

:lmao:

I loved the pic of Peter's niece she is adorable!

Enjoy the BBB while you can....go and have fun....you are only young once.

my DD9 went last year and we bought her a Jasmine costume at the Disney store. She got the pop princess hairstle (you can kind of see it in my sig). I laughed when Pete was talking about all the product they put in their hair. At the end of the day I took out all the hair things and her hair stayed in place. She had to wash it 3 times to get all the stuff out. It was great fun for her. I can't wait to take my youngest next year.

At BBB, the makeup, comb, press on nails, and everything they used on the little girl is sent home with you mainly so that you can be assured that everything they use on your child is new and hygenic. Once that make up kit is cracked open and used on one child, it cannot be used on another child, so you either take it or they throw it out. Throwing it out would be horrible and the little girls love playing with it at home!

My daughter didn't do the full package there last December. We just got the Coach (mid-priced package) at the time. She looked adorable and felt like $1 million Disney Dollars!!

Pete, your niece is absolutely adorable!!! princess: I'm so glad you felt good about it after they were done. When you were mentioning it beforehand, I knew you would love the outcome!

Ok, Pete sold me! I had thought about this and then thought some more. Our next trip DD will be 6. She's totally into this kind of thing, but it's kind of pricey! So, I was thinking, we can just do this at the resort! I can do the hair and make-up and nails and she can wear a dress that she has or a new one.
SO, listening to Pete, I can see it's worth it. I would get frustrated and she wouldn't act like a "princess" with me. :rolleyes1 lol. The pics on Photopass! YEAH! We buy the CD and have since they first offered it! We go with friends and share the cost, so it's great! We get lots of pics of ALL of us! Next time, the kids will out-number the adults! :scared1: (They just had their 3rd!)

ETA: I saw the pic of your niece before I listened to the podcast and she is such a cutie!

Pete your little Cinderella is so precious...a smile to melt the heart (and the wallet!)
I took DD shortly after it opened at DTD and it wasn't crowded then - every chair was filled but there was only one Fairy Godmother in training per girl, and maybe a few excess people in the form of older siblings. It wasn't a big room so I can only imagine they added all those people around to improve the experience for the girls. This fall DD is getting the full out package. (last year she just wore the satin Cinderella dress I made) so she is pretty excited. And so far still set on Jasmine - she hasn't changed her mind once yet. I think she just figures Florida is warm enough to be Jasmine ;)

I was wondering if that was Bridget... how sweet! Pete, any way you could post one of the professional portraits they took? I'd love to see how they turn out.

I found out yesterday that Bridgett is refusing to let her mother was her hair. She finally succumbed, but forced Lisa to do up her hair afterwards. She also insisted on going to her pre-school class in her dress. How priceless is that!

Pete

Our DD (7) loved the BBB experience. (See avatar) She didn't have a lot of hair, and it was short - the Fairy Godmother in training was AWESOME. DD wanted the princess "do" and her godmother worked and worked and worked to get the hair up like she wanted it. We're booked again this vacation but at the castle instead of DTD. An experience worth every penny, for sure.

That's something I forgot to mention -

Attention Moms or those taking their Princesses for the "up-do of a lifetime". Pay attention to how it goes in. The hair stuff, I mean. (and comes out!) You may be asked to repeat it at home!

I have done my DD's "Disney Diva Do" at least once more since then. Then she discovered the dollar store had the fake hair things. We have also done red white & green hair for Christmas since the Boutiquing adventure.

Our two daughters did the BBB prior to last Tuesday's PPP, and it was a HUGE hit.

A suggestion...

We were on a 7-day cruise last October, and they both bought costumes as a "take home" gift. My youngest was Cinderella, my 9-year-old was a "pirate wench" (her description).

We brought both of the costumes with us and had them wear the costumes to BBB, and then they just had the "Hair and Make-up" package. It was perfect...the Fairy Godmothers were amazing, the staff wonderful. It was well worth the price.

I also agree with Pete in his comments that most people / kids are getting the "full package" which includes the full costume and "everything else". While it was crowded, I can only assume that this location will be much less crowded once the new BBB opens up in the Magic Kingdom.

Here are my "princesses"

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

Anyway, it was great!
C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CScott%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5C2007_08_28

OMG- we call that store "crack for little girls"- once they go there, they will do anything to go back!

Ditto on this. My DGD loves this store and we can't keep her out of there when we go to DL. Now, DH and I are bringing her to WDW in 29 days. I see BBB in our future. God help us. princess:

We brought both of the costumes with us and had them wear the costumes to BBB, and then they just had the "Hair and Make-up" package. It was perfect...the Fairy Godmothers were amazing, the staff wonderful. It was well worth the price.

Yes, we did this too with a dress we had bought the previous year. It got us one more use for the dress and saved some money at the boutique! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter