Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for older child

Darth Insidious

Mouseketeer
My older daughter will be 12 during our visit, so still young enough for the BBB makeover. She really wants to do this with her little sister. She’s definitely too big for any kid sized costumes, so I will bring a costume for her. I will probably buy one on Etsy since she usually wears women’s small clothes. She looks older (about 14-15).

She told me today she wants to be a character with a ball gown. I read the rules. At her age, it seems like this would be allowed, as long as it’s not dragging on the floor. I could hem it to an inch off the ground. Do you think they’ll allow it since she looks older? Certainly little kids run around in the deluxe costumes.

Here are a couple of potential costumes. Thank you for any info/suggestions!

3C22DA51-6DE3-4EF5-A29D-70DEBB342456.jpeg7FB7C7DE-DFC5-490B-AF29-32F56CA4627F.jpeg

I think that it should be fine as long as it's obvious that she's a kid in a costume. Like, no wigs and stuff that would make her look too in character, if that makes sense.

She’s within the age limits. You will be fine. Go enjoy and take tons of photos. I hope you have a magical trip.

While she may be allowed to wear those, will they be comfortable for walking around an amusement park and will she have difficulty riding on rides?

She will look gorgeous and have so much fun!
When are you going? If you’re there when I am, I know my friend Cinderella would love to meet her 💙

I think that it should be fine as long as it's obvious that she's a kid in a costume. Like, no wigs and stuff that would make her look too in character, if that makes sense.
Good point. Thank you. She will have her hair done at the BBB so that should help.

While she may be allowed to wear those, will they be comfortable for walking around an amusement park and will she have difficulty riding on rides?
Fair point. The day we are doing this, we’d be watching the parade, eating at CRT or BOG, and meeting princesses. She does not like rides but I could see her maybe doing the slow ones. My best guess is she’d find it fun for a couple of hours and then change clothes (so I will need a good plan for carrying the dress- rent a stroller, lol?)

She will look gorgeous and have so much fun!
When are you going? If you’re there when I am, I know my friend Cinderella would love to meet her 💙
Awww. Thank you. We will be there 2/14-2/25. Hopefully it won’t be too hot on makeover day :) I’m just pretty excited she wants to be a kid and do this. They’re always trying to be older these days, but if there’s any place to be a kid, it’s Magic Kingdom.

Fair point. The day we are doing this, we’d be watching the parade, eating at CRT or BOG, and meeting princesses. She does not like rides but I could see her maybe doing the slow ones. My best guess is she’d find it fun for a couple of hours and then change clothes (so I will need a good plan for carrying the dress- rent a stroller, lol?)
Rent one of the big lockers! That type of dress can fold up surprisingly small in one of those air tight travel bags.

Be sure to schedule lots of time for photos around the park. Maybe consider a "Capture Your Moment" session that day.

IMG_6744.jpg avatar3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter