Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ~ ALL you need to know + Tons of Pix ~ Updated 10/2012

What is your favorite Disney World costume?

• Cinderella

• Belle (yellow)

• Aurora

• Jasmine

• Snow White

• Minnie Mouse

• Alice

• Pocahontas

• Ariel Mermaid

• Areil Ball Gown

• Holday Belle (red)

• White Princess Gown (all 3 princesses)

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you are making a fast pass or dining reservation, to be on the safe side I would allow 1 1/2 hours. I think overall it took around 45 or so minutes but we did have to wait some. We got there a little bit early and we went over to Castle Couture and picked out a dress. Less confusion and there were lots to pick from. The shop is located directly behind the castle.

I have two questions.

1. We have a 8:05 appointment for 2 girls. Both will have the largest package. Does anyone know about how long we should expect the appointment to take? I feel like most people say around an hour? Does that seem right? Also, does that hour include the photo shoot after, or will that make the total time even longer? I'm just trying to make a plan for the trip, a rough idea about time would help ;)

2. I know there are photographers through the whole process. Do they actually scan your band after each time they take pics of your child? Or is there some other way we get those photos? I already ordered Memory Maker! Just wondering how it's done since I assume maybe they got back and forth a lot between all the little girls there.

Pretty sure I have read that they are getting rid of the photographers at the BBB (still have the photoshoot after). I believe they already stopped at the disney springs location and will at some point at the MK.

I had read they did away with the photographers then brought them back due to numerous requests. I know when I made my reservation 2 days ago the CM recommended I get the Memory Maker and when I told her I had already purchased it, she talked about how it would free me up to enjoy watching the girls get their experience. Below is a link to a previous discussion about it:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/bbb-eliminated-photopass-photographers.3457574/

ETA: When we did our photo shoot afterward, the studio was directly behind the castle, and it was a walk in/walk out. No line, and the photo shoot took maybe 5 minutes.

Is there a BBB cancellation thread, similar to the one for ADRs? We booked a last minute trip and I have been trying to get my daughter an appt with no luck!
Thanks!

We were just there Thursday. For the photos they have a photopass card that they keep near your child and use and then you are given the card after the reveal photos. For the photo session after if you choose they will scan your magic band

So I assume I'd have to somehow connect the card to my memory maker? Is there a code or something I can enter when I go to look at my photos?

So I assume I'd have to somehow connect the card to my memory maker? Is there a code or something I can enter when I go to look at my photos?
Yes, you can usually put in the code and access your photos, but the best way is to go to a photo pass location (every park and at least most resorts have them) and they will do it for you.

For instance, we did the Wonderland Tea Party and someone took my backpack with the photo pass card in it. I was able to go to the photo pass desk at the Grand Floridian and access the pictures. They entered them into my Memory Maker account.

There is a number code to add in from the card or with the Disney parks app the square box (sorry drawing a blank on what it's called -- long day traveling home) can be scanned to add in.

Is there a BBB cancellation thread, similar to the one for ADRs? We booked a last minute trip and I have been trying to get my daughter an appt with no luck!
Thanks!
Sorry there is not a cancellation thread as far as I know but do check the restaurant board as well because I sometimes see cancellations listed there, too.

I'm taking my 5 year old twin daughters to BBB the last week in January, scheduled before park open at the castle our first full day in the park. I'm considering the castle package (this trip is for MY birthday so I'm splurging in a big way, living vicariously through my kids...). Plus I know that if I try to get them to pick a costume ahead of time they'll see something they like better when we're there, give me puppy dog eyes, and I'll end up buying the one they want while there, so I might as well budget for the big package to begin with. We don't go every year - this is their first visit they'll remember (they don't really believe me that they visited at age 13 months).

The description says it includes "a complete costume of your choice plus Accessories". Does that include shoes? And if it does, what kind of shoes? The hard plastic kind sold in the dress up aisle of Target? Something a little more comfortable? I saw mention a few years ago of flip flops, but that was a few years ago and it will be January when we're there.

I'm thinking I should use whatever is included for photos and until they start complaining, then switch to something I bring from home. Has anyone found something that looks dressy on top but has a sneaker bottom? One of my girls will likely insist on only wearing "beautiful" shoes with her princess dress - and to her beautiful means pink and/or sparkly, but preferably both.

Doc1.jpg
I'm taking my 5 year old twin daughters to BBB the last week in January, scheduled before park open at the castle our first full day in the park. I'm considering the castle package (this trip is for MY birthday so I'm splurging in a big way, living vicariously through my kids...). Plus I know that if I try to get them to pick a costume ahead of time they'll see something they like better when we're there, give me puppy dog eyes, and I'll end up buying the one they want while there, so I might as well budget for the big package to begin with. We don't go every year - this is their first visit they'll remember (they don't really believe me that they visited at age 13 months).

The description says it includes "a complete costume of your choice plus Accessories". Does that include shoes? And if it does, what kind of shoes? The hard plastic kind sold in the dress up aisle of Target? Something a little more comfortable? I saw mention a few years ago of flip flops, but that was a few years ago and it will be January when we're there.

I'm thinking I should use whatever is included for photos and until they start complaining, then switch to something I bring from home. Has anyone found something that looks dressy on top but has a sneaker bottom? One of my girls will likely insist on only wearing "beautiful" shoes with her princess dress - and to her beautiful means pink and/or sparkly, but preferably both.

When we where there in June 2015 my we brought our own dress and had planned on her Frozen summer sandals but then I saw they had princess high tops...we ended up with those instead...I loved them and they matched her Belle Dress much better...We paid separately for these, so I don't know what is included in the big BBB package. I hope the picture works.

Last edited:
As you can see, my DGD rocked her tennies.

a702198b-6169-4e78-a5ba-a02fe5adf84c_zpsoqx8ffqn.jpg

I have some of the same questions as you, since I haven't been with my daughters yet! However, I just wanted to suggest....we are bringing comfortable silver sandals with fort girls. That way, they go with the dresses decently, but also won't kill their feet!

The first two years at 3 and 4 when we had a stroller my DD had fancier shoes but since then she's always just worn her tennis shoes but she's the type that likes to be comfortable

View attachment 134061

When we where there in June 2015 my we brought our own dress and had planned on her Frozen summer sandals but then I saw they had princess high tops...we ended up with those instead...I loved them and they matched her Belle Dress much better...We paid separately for these, so I don't know what is included in the big BBB package. I hope the picture works.
I love the princess high tops - both pictures! Thank you. And I do plan to bring shoes from home as well, but the sandals my girls would approve of might not work in January! Maybe a good dress shoe, I'll have to keep looking and plan to check out the shoes when we get there.

question- Im told adults can ask for pixie dust and they will blow sparkles on you, do you need to wait in line or call a head for that? or can I just walk up and ask?

question- Im told adults can ask for pixie dust and they will blow sparkles on you, do you need to wait in line or call a head for that? or can I just walk up and ask?
You can just walk up and ask...or you can also stop in the Barber Shop on Main St and get pixie dusted. As long as they aren't crazy busy, they seem happy to accommodate Pixie loving adults!

You are charged by the item..it's not a deal or discount for a package deal. So if you don't want shoes or the wand, etc....then you just pick what you want.

You can have that done at Castle Couture.

We will be at MK June 20 for my daughter's 5th birthday. I'm thinking about the castle package at BBB. My only concern is the heat. Will it be too hot for her to walk around in a big princess dress? We live in Georgia, but just thinking about Florida and a Cinderella gown makes me sweat. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!