• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bi-Pap and an oxygen bleed....and more

alliestallie

Earning My Ears
Hello :goodvibes

I've just booked our second WDW trip arriving May 8th. We've got some new issues since our first trip, so I'm wondering about oxygen mainly. Is there are DME that you can suggest to rent a concentrator for a few days?

I only posted once w/ questions before our first trip, but you guys were a wealth of information and searching thru existing threads was most helpful. :worship:

We're a family of four and we'll be staying at PO-R. We will also be bringing a caregiver w/ us and she'll be staying in the same room, but will be added at check in due to having an AP. I was told that the trundle rooms were in AB where there are no elevators, so this becomes an issues as dd is in a wheelchair. I was put on hold to request an accessible room, but am worried that we'll get there and not be in a room w/ a trundle. :confused: Is there a specific dept I can call for SN issues?

Does DME mean Disney Magic Express? Not too sure what you mean. Were you thinking of flying and taking your concentrator with you on the plane?

We use Lincare for our oxygen needs when there. They supply us with a concentrator, for use in our room, and cylinders for use in the parks. They are great. What I order is there when I check in, and twice a week, I phone them and tell them how many full cylinders I need. I start with 6, and a few days later, when I'm down to 2 I phone them and request 4 full cylinders. I leave the 4 empty ones at Luggage, and when i get back from the parks, the 4 empty one have been picked up, and replaced with 4 full ones. Does your oxygen provider have an office in the Orlando, Kissimmee area? That's where I would start. Or, you can ask your service provider who they recomend. We are in Canada, and there is no affiliate in Fla, but we are really fortunate to have found Lincare. I highly recomend them.

In this context DME means a supplier of Durable Medical Equipment.

And for the OP, I would suggest you contact the company that currently provides your oxygen and/or equipment. Usually they will have agreements or networking with locations in Orlando and they can make the arrangements for you. And this would be covered by your insurance, just as their charges are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter